TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - Completed!

Virgil

16 minutes ago, mrags said:

Are we going to get this thing moving tonight then?

Draft will start at 9a tomorrow morning.  But I won’t begrudge the Bears if they make the obvious #1 pick earlier 

14 minutes ago, Virgil said:

If the Bears want to pick sooner, that’s up to them 

No thanks, we're picking Trojan.

With the 1st pick the Chicago Bears select Caleb Williams, QB, USC. The Washington Whatchamacallits @mrags are on the clock.

This pick was turned in months ago. All that's left is for Roger Goodell to give him a big hug and pose with his jersey.

Ryan Poles was an executive with the Chiefs until 2022. It was never a doubt that he would draft the QB with comparable traits to the last superstar QB he had a hand in drafting. Williams has his flaws but they are similar to Mahomes' flaws coming out of Texas Tech. This pick is a no-brainer. The real draft starts now.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Commanders (mrags) are on the clock
29 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No thanks, we're picking Trojan.

With the 1st pick the Chicago Bears select Caleb Williams, QB, USC. The Washington Whatchamacallits @mrags are on the clock.

This pick was turned in months ago. All that's left is for Roger Goodell to give him a big hug and pose with his jersey.

Ryan Poles was an executive with the Chiefs until 2022. It was never a doubt that he would draft the QB with comparable traits to the last superstar QB he had a hand in drafting. Williams has his flaws but they are similar to Mahomes' flaws coming out of Texas Tech. This pick is a no-brainer. The real draft starts now.

Thank you @HappyDays for the early pick. @Virgil just curious if I’m required to make my pick within 3 hours or if I’m able to take until 12pm tomorrow. 

either way, the Washington Redskins are officially fielding trade offers at this point. Come with your best offers. Willing to hear offers including picks this year as well as next, as well as current players (assuming what’s allowed). 

5 minutes ago, mrags said:

Thank you @HappyDays for the early pick. @Virgil just curious if I’m required to make my pick within 3 hours or if I’m able to take until 12pm tomorrow. 

either way, the Washington Redskins are officially fielding trade offers at this point. Come with your best offers. Willing to hear offers including picks this year as well as next, as well as current players (assuming what’s allowed). 

You have until 12p est tomorrow to make your pick 

• Thank you (+1) 1

I will be waiting until 12 tomorrow gathering my trade offers at this point. Unless someone comes at me with an offer too good to be turned down. So far the offered I’ve received don’t even cover the draft pick trade charts. At least be close with your offers people.  

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I will be waiting until 12 tomorrow gathering my trade offers at this point. Unless someone comes at me with an offer too good to be turned down. So far the offered I’ve received don’t even cover the draft pick trade charts. At least be close with your offers people.  

You'll be making this pick. 

34 minutes ago, mrags said:

Don't forget, you only have until 11a to get a trade approved . 

Just now, Virgil said:

Don't forget, you only have until 11a to get a trade approved . 

Ty. As of right now I’ll be making the pick as no trades have met the chart standards yet. 

5 hours ago, mrags said:

Obviously everyone free to operate how they want in this mock.  But I’d say there’s pretty close to a 0% chance Commanders trade this pick on Thursday.  They have locked down to take a QB.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Agree 6

At this rate we should have it completed by the 2025 draft. It Is Daniels or Maye right?  I haven’t read a single article suggesting that the Commanders are open for business. Is this new? I’ve seen the Pats and Cardinals out there (potentially Chargers & Giants too). Am I missing something?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

At this rate we should have it completed by the 2025 draft. It Is Daniels or Maye right?  I haven’t read a single article suggesting that the Commanders are open for business. Is this new? I’ve seen the Pats and Cardinals out there (potentially Chargers & Giants too). Am I missing something?

Well to be fair the draft "officially" started at 9am today. However, you are correct. Washington is staying in the spot and taking a QB in the real draft barring a juggernaut of a deal....one that wouldn't likely be approved by the parameters of this mock draft. I think the Washington GM in this draft is just spinning his wheels. 

I am drafting for the Patriots right after. I'm going by what I've seen them say in public. Comfortable taking a QB in that spot. Doesn't have to be a QB, though. Of course we are already listening to trade offers but to quote the Patriots it would have to be a "franchise altering trade". 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Obviously everyone free to operate how they want in this mock.  But I’d say there’s pretty close to a 0% chance Commanders trade this pick on Thursday.  They have locked down to take a QB.  

💯 

Posted (edited)

Hey everyone, I was late to reviewing a trade proposal, that's on me.  As for the Commanders pick, it's his to do with what he wants and he has until 12p est.  While we might be pretty sure what they will do, we've seen some real bat ***** crazy trades in the past that caught us off guard.  Mitch Trubisky anyone?  There's plenty of teams that want a QB that could easily throw the farm at Denver.  Minnesota's front office loves making mistakes on draft day (not to say they are part of a trade now.)

Edited by Virgil
  • Like (+1) 1

***Trade Alert***

The Washington Commanders are trading the #2 pick to the Denver Broncos.

The Commanders are receiving the 2024 #12, #76, #121, #136, #147 and the 2025 #1 and #2

for 

2024 #2 overall

The Denver Broncos are on the clock @TOboy

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Broncos (TOBoy) are on the clock

With the 2nd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the Denver Broncos are proud to select Drake Maye, QB, North Carolina. 

The Broncos pay a hefty price to move up, but Sean Payton is thrilled to land a QB he believes will be the face of the franchise for the next decade. 

@BuffaloBillyG and the Patriots are now on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Patriots (BuffaloBillG) are on the clock
6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

***Trade Alert***

The Washington Commanders are trading the #2 pick to the Denver Broncos.

The Commanders are receiving the 2024 #12, #76, #121, #136, #147 and the 2025 #1 and #2

for 

2024 #2 overall

The Denver Broncos are on the clock @TOboy

The Washington Commanders are pleased with the outcome of this trade. They would have preferred another 2nd in this years draft but Denver didn’t have it. But as of right now the Commanders are sitting pretty to rebuild their franchise with the following picks in this years draft. 

2x1st rounders

2x2nd rounders

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, mrags said:

The Washington Commanders are pleased with the outcome of this trade. They would have preferred another 2nd in this years draft but Denver didn’t have it. But as of right now the Commanders are sitting pretty to rebuild their franchise with the following picks in this years draft. 

2x1st rounders

2x2nd rounders

My only argument with having this many picks, is that this is a crap year to have them.  With the NIL impact, this is a wickedly weak draft class.  With that being said, you have so many picks in the top 100, that it shouldn't impact you that much.  What sucks is, there are a few positions that don't even have first round grades, so building up the trenches and other areas, may not be great value in this draft.  

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

My only argument with having this many picks, is that this is a crap year to have them.  With the NIL impact, this is a wickedly weak draft class.  With that being said, you have so many picks in the top 100, that it shouldn't impact you that much.  What sucks is, there are a few positions that don't even have first round grades, so building up the trenches and other areas, may not be great value in this draft.  

I have my guys that I like in rds 2-4 that I think will help my team. Unfortunately for me, I won’t get a chance to draft them as we won’t get past rd1 before Thursday. But I do have ammo and am looking to trade back into the 1st rd to get potential players I am looking at. So if people are interested in moving back, the Commanders are all ears and have a buttload of picks. 

With the 3rd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft the New England Patriots find no reason to be deflated and have a very happy ending by selecting: Jayden Daniels, QB, LSU

After briefly considering several trade offers the opportunity to select this exciting duel threat, Heisman Winning, first team All-American QB is too much to pass up.

Pro ready with 5 years starting experience under his belt he steps in with excellent presence and command from day 1. In short, this is the "C.J. Stroud" level QB in this draft. 

@GunnerBillAnd the Arizona Cardinals are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 3.0 - The Cardinals (GunnerBill) are on the clock
16 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Agreed.  This is what I meant by Wash would need more than this in real life because  they won’t care about all these day 3 picks this year. 

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Agreed.  This is what I meant by Wash would need more than this in real life because  they won’t care about all these day 3 picks this year. 

Don't quote me, but I want to say that "experts" believe there's only 150 NFL prospects in this draft.  The Commanders can now select 11 of them.  If they really want to overhaul, they could.  It's a good draft for the offensive line, not so much for DE's or MLB though. 

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Don't quote me, but I want to say that "experts" believe there's only 150 NFL prospects in this draft.  The Commanders can now select 11 of them.  If they really want to overhaul, they could.  It's a good draft for the offensive line, not so much for DE's or MLB though. 

Thank you. We know we’re more than just 1-2 really good players away from being competitive at this point. We liked Maye and Daniels actually and thought about both at 2. But end of the day we have a ton of top 100 picks this year and already sitting on 4 picks in the first 2 round next year will get us a QB we like if we don’t get someone this draft at 12 or maybe later. 

57 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It's a good draft class in the top 100. Not at all positions, sure, but that's the case in every draft. Overall this is a good class at the top. 100/120 I'd say. Below that yea.... I think it drops off pretty fast. Chances of many starters from rounds 5 though 7 is even slimmer than usual. 

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

2 hours ago, mrags said:

Thank you. We know we’re more than just 1-2 really good players away from being competitive at this point. We liked Maye and Daniels actually and thought about both at 2. But end of the day we have a ton of top 100 picks this year and already sitting on 4 picks in the first 2 round next year will get us a QB we like if we don’t get someone this draft at 12 or maybe later. 

The issue is Commanders already have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and 7 in first 150 picks coming into this draft.   So they don’t need to make this move to load up on more picks in this draft.  They can take a QB and still have 6 more picks in first 150.

So I don’t know adding a few more and a couple next year is enough for them not to address the QB position with one of the QBs three hey are high on.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

It's a good draft class in the top 100. Not at all positions, sure, but that's the case in every draft. Overall this is a good class at the top. 100/120 I'd say. Below that yea.... I think it drops off pretty fast. Chances of many starters from rounds 5 though 7 is even slimmer than usual. 

That’s why I ensured having 4th round or higher in this trade. 

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The issue is Commanders already have 6 picks in the first 3 rounds and 7 in first 150 picks coming into this draft.   So they don’t need to make this move to load up on more picks in this draft.  They can take a QB and still have 6 more picks in first 150.

So I don’t know adding a few more and a couple next year is enough for them to address the QB position with one of the QBs three hey are high on.  

I’ll accept this answer. But like I said, we’re way more than just a QB away. We need many positions. The day is young. We’re not finished yet. Fwiw, I wish this was a 4 round mock where I could really see what I could get in return for my trade. But it’s not. So I guess I’ll just have to be happy with the outcome. 

fyi I agree we need a QB, and I didn’t hate either of the next 2, but I’m not sure the 2nd or 3rd is much different from the next 2-3 guys. We’ve all seen it before where someone like Mayfield and Darnold go before guys like Allen and Jackson. A lot of it has to do with the organization and what else is in place around them to succeed. And right now im not sure that if either of those QBs came to the Commanders with the lack of other talent, it makes them any better of a player, or as an organization as a whole. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 4th pick of the 2024 TSW mock draft version 3.0, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Marvin Harrison, Wide Receiver, Ohio State.

It would have taken a big offer to move me down. Nothing was forthcoming. Then it is between the two best players in the draft for me - Harrison and Alt. But the Cards took Paris Johnson who I remain high on as my LT of the future at #6 last year. So I go get Kyler a WR1 in Harrison. He was at his best with prime DHop and we need to recreate that element in our offense.

@NeverOutNick and the Los Angeles Chargers are now on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 4th pick of the 2024 TSW mock draft version 3.0, the Arizona Cardinals select:

Marvin Harrison, Wide Receiver, Ohio State.

It would have taken a big offer to move me down. Nothing was forthcoming. Then it is between the two best players in the draft for me - Harrison and Alt. But the Cards took Paris Johnson who I remain high on as my LT of the future at #6 last year. So I go get Kyler a WR1 in Harrison. He was at his best with prime DHop and we need to recreate that element in our offense.

@NeverOutNick and the Los Angeles Chargers are now on the clock.

Yeah i don't understand the Jonah Williams signing locking Johnson into RT. I think Johnson is better than Williams and should have been moved to LT this year.