Chad Reuter 7 round mock

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Oh I see what you mean now. 

Agree. No WR even the top 3 guys would match what Diggs produced.

My thought is you get a guy or two and hope the offense is more diverse with Kincaid, Cook, Knox, and Samuel getting lots of opportunities.  

Are you advocating trading draft pick for a veteran? 

FYI I don't believe anything Beane says. The only truthful statement he made was the Bills are worse without Diggs. There is no way he believes the WR group is ok.

Honestly if he drafted 3 WR it would be less shocking than if he takes an edge in round 1. 

Yes, I am all for trading a lower draft pick for one of the vets.  I think Beane would stay away from the divas that require both draft capital and money, so J Jeff/Aiyuk/Higgins would be out.  But other options remain:

For instance I use the Tenn + DHop as an example, if they take Rome at #7 then DHop would be prime candidate to deal for a 4th. 

Similarly C Godwin at Tampa could possibly be moved since they just poured big bucks into M Evans.

D Metcalf might be a possibility with new management wanting to craft a team.

I think after Beane does one of those type of moves to replace Diggs the draft becomes more in line with what we expected before.  Maybe trade down and get that 3rd back.  DL and WR would top the list but we can't count out the love for a S or CB.

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Agree. Much rather draft edge in round 2.

My distaste for AJE is well documented.  I think the corpse of Von will rise and have 9 sacks this year. AJE will have 3 in the first 6 weeks and then disappear again.

AJE will out sack Von this year. I am absolutely certain of that.

14 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Im actually not that keen on Chop at 28 to be honest …

If Von is really washed as you say .. then Edge is by far the biggest need on the team, way bigger than WR …  .. to say they are even  threadbare would be an overstatement… they haven’t replaced Floyd yet 

That they have done nothing aside from paying Toohill  the vet minimum makes  me think they have been eyeballing Miller over the offseason and are ok with him… on the other hand … if they take Kneeland at 28…then that’s out the window 

What have they seen of Von yet? Basically nothing. A few days of stretching. They are gambling on Von being back. I understand why. They don't have free agency dollars and beyond the top 3 (or 4 depending how you feel about Chop) its a weak draft at that spot. Von rebounding is their best hope. But its a wing and a prayer IMO.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

AJE will out sack Von this year. I am absolutely certain of that.

What have they seen of Von yet? Basically nothing. A few days of stretching. They are gambling on Von being back. I understand why. They don't have free agency dollars and beyond the top 3 (or 4 depending how you feel about Chop) it’s a weak draft at that spot. Von rebounding is their best hope. But it’s a wing and a prayer IMO.

He was stiff as a board last year and moved like a statue…  

You can’t “gamble” of more of the same of that… not when Floyd has gone as well… 

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

He was stiff as a board last year and moved like a statue…  

You can’t “gamble” of more of the same of that… not when Floyd has gone as well… 

Well that is what they are doing. They can't be basing it off anything else other than educated guesses by the medics. At most they have seen 1 week of stretching where no football moves are allowed. They can't be basing decisions on that.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Well that is what they are doing. They can't be basing it off anything else other than educated guesses by the medics. At most they have seen 1 week of stretching where no football moves are allowed. They can't be basing decisions on that.

We’ll see then won’t we ?

Because if he is the same player he was last year … and they do nothing else about it other than Toohill and another scrub in FA .. they are rooted 

We’ll see then won’t we ?

Because if he is the same player he was last year … and they do nothing else about it other than Toohill and another scrub in FA .. they are rooted 

I think Groot will start left end and Von and AJE will end us time sharing RE. 

That is less than ideal. I agree. But there is no obvious route to improve unless they strike lucky on a dust settles guy in June or July willing to take a 1 year prove it deal.

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

I think Groot will start left end and Von and AJE will end us time sharing RE. 

That is less than ideal. I agree. But there is no obvious route to improve unless they strike lucky on a dust settles guy in June or July willing to take a 1 year prove it deal.

Less than ideal is an understatement …

Beane is not going to “hope for best “ … he just doesn’t do that

Less than ideal is an understatement …

Beane is not going to “hope for best “ … he just doesn’t do that

So what do you think he will do? Beyond your "he has seen Von in practice and is happy" which as I say cannot be true because they are one week into phase 1 of the offseason, what is your theory?

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

So what do you think he will do? Beyond your "he has seen Von in practice and is happy" which as I say cannot be true because they are one week into phase 1 of the offseason, what is your theory?

Not last week .: They would have needed to make the decision 6 weeks ago when they could have done something in FA about it … Im assuming that they are ok with him…and must think he is a better player than what he showed last year..

What’s your theory … ? that he is “ Washed”  but they are still going to persevere with him ?

Washed to me means that the guy is finished and not at an NFL level anymore … kind of like what he showed last year … Why would they continue to persevere with him if that’s the case ? 

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Yes, I am all for trading a lower draft pick for one of the vets.  I think Beane would stay away from the divas that require both draft capital and money, so J Jeff/Aiyuk/Higgins would be out.  But other options remain:

For instance I use the Tenn + DHop as an example, if they take Rome at #7 then DHop would be prime candidate to deal for a 4th. 

Similarly C Godwin at Tampa could possibly be moved since they just poured big bucks into M Evans.

D Metcalf might be a possibility with new management wanting to craft a team.

I think after Beane does one of those type of moves to replace Diggs the draft becomes more in line with what we expected before.  Maybe trade down and get that 3rd back.  DL and WR would top the list but we can't count out the love for a S or CB.

If anything new management would move an aging Tyler Lockett over Metcalf. 

36 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

If anything new management would move an aging Tyler Lockett over Metcalf. 

T Lockett, to me, is not the same level as what I expected from Diggs in 2024.  And Lockett was just signed to a deal with a signing bonus, so if the Bills wanted him they would probably need to give a little boost in draft capital to offset the low salary.  I hope the Bills go in a different direction than him.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

It is a long developed history going back to Carolina though that they like long arms. Again Beane's drafting preferences are very Carolina. 34 inch plus arms are definitely a preferred trait for their edge guys. 

Not saying they just pick guys on arm length but it IS a singificant factor in the edge guys they like IMO. 

I really hope they don't draft Kneeland. I didn't like the Basham pick and I'd like this even less. But I do think they likely think he is an option at #60.

I don’t disagree he is in play at 60, he’s a round 2 or 3 guy this year.  But there is absolutely no way Beane takes him at 28.  I guess nothing is impossible, but I’d be stunned and may break my TV if that happened.  

He is a 4th round prospect IMHO who’s gonna go earlier because there are not a lot of options at EDGE this year.  

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

My theory is that the Bills are looking towards 2025. And the 2024 strategy is to go as far as Josh Allen can carry them.  Relatively inexpericenced OC's and DC's are set up to be the fall guys for 2024, if Allen can't carry them to the playoffs.  I don't think Beane is worried one way or the other about 2024 pass rush. 

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

My theory is that the Bills are looking towards 2025. And the 2024 strategy is to go as far as Josh Allen can carry them.  Relatively inexpericenced OC's and DC's are set up to be the fall guys for 2024, if Allen can't carry them to the playoffs.  I don't think Beane is worried one way or the other about 2024 pass rush. 

Not sure I buy that … he has got 8 Day 3 picks … but he still gets replacements for WR5 and LB4 in free agency …  he seems more than  thorough 

But if that is indeed the case .,, He needs to be a little careful about how treating Josh like a pack horse carrying all the load ..Josh might not want to hang around forever either spinning his wheels during his prime years ……

Edited by Aussie Joe

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Not last week .: They would have needed to make the decision 6 weeks ago when they could have done something in FA about it … Im assuming that they are ok with him…and must think he is a better player than what he showed last year..

What’s your theory … ? that he is “ Washed”  but they are still going to persevere with him ?

Washed to me means that the guy is finished and not at an NFL level anymore … kind of like what he showed last year … Why would they continue to persevere with him if that’s the case ? 

They are not allowed by league rule to observe their players working out 6 weeks ago. 

I think they and their doctors have spoken to Von and believe there is a chance he can get back. But it isn't based on any full physical assessment they have carried out. Because between locker clean out day and the start of phase 1 they are not allowed to do that. 

My theory is he is washed. I don't think Beane agrees but I think that is based on a hope and an optimism rather than anything more substantial than that.

4 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don’t disagree he is in play at 60, he’s a round 2 or 3 guy this year.  But there is absolutely no way Beane takes him at 28.  I guess nothing is impossible, but I’d be stunned and may break my TV if that happened.  

He is a 4th round prospect IMHO who’s gonna go earlier because there are not a lot of options at EDGE this year.  

I think he is a 5th round prospect. I would break my tv if the Bills draft him anywhere. But as much as I don't want it to happen I fear it is very much in play. He is their type, they have had him in the building.... but it would be a wasted pick.

4 hours ago, Chaos said:

I think he is "worried" but I think he knows he doesn't have many options for addressing it. They are going to have to reach on a guy in this class, hit gold in late FA (a bit like last year I suppose) or ride with what they have. 

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think he is a 5th round prospect. I would break my tv if the Bills draft him anywhere. But as much as I don't want it to happen I fear it is very much in play. He is their type, they have had him in the building.... but it would be a wasted pick.

Yours is the second TV going …

If you don’t have Kneeland going in the Top 2 rounds in your final mock … you have given up 

58 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are not allowed by league rule to observe their players working out 6 weeks ago. 

I think they and their doctors have spoken to Von and believe there is a chance he can get back. But it isn't based on any full physical assessment they have carried out. Because between locker clean out day and the start of phase 1 they are not allowed to do that. 

My theory is he is washed. I don't think Beane agrees but I think that is based on a hope and an optimism rather than anything more substantial than that.

Their actions in the draft will tell me what I need to know…

If Beane had concerns … he probably makes a move like retaining Floyd … the fact the 49ers still value Floyd speaks volumes to me … if Beane has concerns about Miller,  than forgo Samuel and keep Floyd … 

Edited by Aussie Joe

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Im with you.  Like I said in another post,  I think he’s a round 4 guy who’s gonna go round 2 or 3 because the class is weak, so I am with you on that.

I would break my TV if he was taken at 28!  But at 60 I could live with it even though there will be people there I would take over him I’m sure.  

48 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Yours is the second TV going …

If you don’t have Kneeland going in the Top 2 rounds in your final mock … you have given up 

My final mock is only a 1 rounder. If I did into round 2 Kneeland would be a fringe 2nd round guy..... he could go late two or he will go early 3. Mocking and grading are different. As @Alphadawg7 says he is going to get pushed up by a weak edge class - especially for guys to play as a 4-3 end. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

T Lockett, to me, is not the same level as what I expected from Diggs in 2024.  And Lockett was just signed to a deal with a signing bonus, so if the Bills wanted him they would probably need to give a little boost in draft capital to offset the low salary.  I hope the Bills go in a different direction than him.

I wasn't advocating we add Lockett just it make more logical sense to move on from the 30 plus year old WR vs Metcalf.

16 hours ago, 2003Contenders said:

Reminds me too much of the McCargo pick back in 2006. The guy was viewed as a 3rd/4th rounder -- but leading up to the draft, suddenly his stock shot up. Of course, I have a great deal more faith in this current front office than I did in the one that oversaw that draft.

Somebody earlier mentioned Erik Flowers.  He may not have been as much of a reach but Wade Phillips loved him and took him late in the first for some reason.

Yeesh, that's rough. 

This doesn't go for all of the draft dweebs in the media but some of these dudes definitely go with some off the wall or head scratching mocks in order to drive engagement. People see that some draft nerd has their team going with guy that hasn't had any first round buzz or whatever and ta-da, they're commenting on the website, going at the writer on his socials, and talking about it on other forums and platforms. 

It's the same reason the talking heads are always trying to one-up each other with the next incredibly dumb hot take. I mean, I get it. But some of them aren't that great at hiding the fact that they have zero belief in the BS they're spewing. I can't sit thru more than five or ten minutes of pregame shows or discussion shows, hot take shows, etc. It is what it is, just this day and age. Just kinda lame sometimes. 

Anywho, it worked on me because here I am to tell Chad Rueter his Bills picks in his mock draft are straight poop. You hear that, Chad? Big, stupid, poop. 

2 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Somebody earlier mentioned Erik Flowers.  He may not have been as much of a reach but Wade Phillips loved him and took him late in the first for some reason.

The 2000 draft class is generally considered one of the worst ever.  Not many teams did well that year.   

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

I wasn't advocating we add Lockett just it make more logical sense to move on from the 30 plus year old WR vs Metcalf.

I get your point.  But in another thread someone (Warrior) pointed out that Ben Solak of WGR heard rumblings that DK Metcalf is available.  If that is true our 2025 2nd from Minn might be quite valuable to them.

5 hours ago, Brandon said:

The 2000 draft class is generally considered one of the worst ever.  Not many teams did well that year.   

Indeed -- plus, (God rest his soul) John Butler already had one foot out the door for San Diego when he oversaw this, his final draft.

On 4/22/2024 at 6:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

I hate it. I have a 5th round grade on Kneeland. He sucks. 

Pro Football News rates him a bit better...

"Kneeland grades out as a fringe top-100 prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft. He could sneak into Day 2 or be a priority prospect on Day 3. Either way, he’s a quality addition in the middle rounds, with an intriguing mix of high-floor and high-ceiling tools."

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

Pro Football News rates him a bit better...

"Kneeland grades out as a fringe top-100 prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft. He could sneak into Day 2 or be a priority prospect on Day 3. Either way, he’s a quality addition in the middle rounds, with an intriguing mix of high-floor and high-ceiling tools."

Yea if they took him in round 4 I'd think a bit early for my tastes but Id understand. Taking him in rounds 1 to 3 with his skillset is mad IMO.

• Like (+1) 1