NFL draft rumors 2024

57 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I'd be SHOCKED if one of the top 3 receivers is there at 10 for the Jets and the Bills DONT trade up to snag one of them.  Just like the Chiefs did with us an McDuffie, dont let rival teams take talent that fills a hole on your team.

Do you think the Jets will trade pick 10 to the Bills to let them draft Rome Odunze or Brian Thomas???🤣

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

Why do people want to trade Brown?  I thought he improved last season and still seems to have potential to continue to improve.  I get it that he is a free agent after next season, but don't we already have enough holes?  I don't think Collins can be counted on to play full-time or to be an adequate replacement for Brown for a full season.

Absolutely no one wants to trade Spencer Brown…

57 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

I'd be SHOCKED if one of the top 3 receivers is there at 10 for the Jets and the Bills DONT trade up to snag one of them.  Just like the Chiefs did with us an McDuffie, dont let rival teams take talent that fills a hole on your team.

I'm also fully expecting Harbaugh to grab Brock Bowers as he's always favored TEs in his offense.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Dolphins: have Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, made an offer to OBJ, and have been linked to Xavier Worthy and Ricky Pearsall in the pre-draft process.

Jets: Have Garrett Wilson and Mike Williams, but might draft Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze

Chiefs: Have Travis Kelce and Rashee Rice, but signed Hollywood Brown and will likely draft a receiver high.

Bengals: Have JaMarr chase and Tee Higgins, may draft an offensive playmaker high.

Bills: ....likely to stay put or trade down and take the 7th or 8th best receiver in the class to pair with Curtis Samuel and Khalil Shakir?

I understand the argument for the "Packers model", but it's hard to see some of the other AFC teams doing all they can to get premium weapons, and then consider the notion of the Bills maybe just being happy with whatever's left at 28. I know no one knows anything yet, and it's too early for this talk, but...Bills fans and everyone else in the football watching world have been talking for three offseasons now about getting Josh more help. If their version of that is to jettison Stefon Diggs and then trade down into the 2nd to draft whoever's left at WR....color me slightly worried that that mission will have been accompished.

And chasing points is never the best way to win, instead you hold your opponent to less and/or cause them to make mistakes and take advantage of them. Until our defense can stop KC's offense on more than one drive in the post season we're going to struggle to earn a Lombardi trophy.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

how about 28, 128, 2025 2nd from Diggs for  33 and 39

we come away with 3 2nd Rounders on Friday night.  All WR’s😎🤪

Xavier Legette

Troy Franklin

Ricky Pearsall 

I outdid myself in a mock simulator.  We pulled McConkey, Legette and Franklin

PARTY TIME UP IN HERE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Logic said:

Dolphins: have Tyreek Hill and Jaylen Waddle, made an offer to OBJ, and have been linked to Xavier Worthy and Ricky Pearsall in the pre-draft process.

Jets: Have Garrett Wilson and Mike Williams, but might draft Brock Bowers or Rome Odunze

Chiefs: Have Travis Kelce and Rashee Rice, but signed Hollywood Brown and will likely draft a receiver high.

Bengals: Have JaMarr chase and Tee Higgins, may draft an offensive playmaker high.

Bills: ....likely to stay put or trade down and take the 7th or 8th best receiver in the class to pair with Curtis Samuel and Khalil Shakir?

I understand the argument for the "Packers model", but it's hard to see some of the other AFC teams doing all they can to get premium weapons, and then consider the notion of the Bills maybe just being happy with whatever's left at 28. I know no one knows anything yet, and it's too early for this talk, but...Bills fans and everyone else in the football watching world have been talking for three offseasons now about getting Josh more help. If their version of that is to jettison Stefon Diggs and then trade down into the 2nd to draft whoever's left at WR....color me slightly worried that that mission will have been accompished.

I'm 100% with you here. I don't like the thought that Buffalo would be cool with taking a chance on later round guys. 
The whole "As long we have Josh it doesn't matter who our receivers are" thought flies in the face of the Josh and Diggs are better off without each other" hot take that I've been hearing. 
My point is. We need elite talent at WR just like all these other teams have (and what you're stating above). 

• Like (+1) 2

55 minutes ago, mannc said:

Do you think the Jets will trade pick 10 to the Bills to let them draft Rome Odunze or Brian Thomas???🤣

No, I meant if they trade up to 8 or 9 to move ahead of the Jets.  Like the example I used of the Chiefs moving ahead of the Bills for McDuffie

1 hour ago, mannc said:

A few posters have speculated using him as part of a package to trade up. It's not a clever idea, and I'd be surprised if it happens, but then again, I didn't think there was a chance Beane would trade Diggs and absorb a massive cap hit.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Cray51 said:

No, I meant if they trade up to 8 or 9 to move ahead of the Jets.  Like the example I used of the Chiefs moving ahead of the Bills for McDuffie

As I said above, I could envision a trade with Chicago because the Bears have only four picks in this draft and would likely be tempted by pick 60...that's really the only deal I could see with the Bills getting into the top 10...the problem is that I think other teams will also be targeting the Bears for a trade up... 

22 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm 100% with you here. I don't like the thought that Buffalo would be cool with taking a chance on later round guys. 
The whole "As long we have Josh it doesn't matter who our receivers are" thought flies in the face of the Josh and Diggs are better off without each other" hot take that I've been hearing. 
My point is. We need elite talent at WR just like all these other teams have (and what you're stating above). 

Who was the elite WR in KC last season? 

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting. I have heard New England really likes JJ and that he very well could be the guy at #3.

In my first mock I was incredibly close to putting him there at 3 but chose to play it safe 

1 hour ago, The Jokeman said:

Who was the elite WR in KC last season? 

I understand what you're saying and I don't believe for a second that KC doesn't want that to change. We also don't have the luxury of a Reed, a Travis Kelsey or that defense that they had last year either but going back to my point. As great as Allen is, it's not cool to not have elite WRs unless we want to keep watching dropped balls and miscommunication. 

5 minutes ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I understand what you're saying and I don't believe for a second that KC doesn't want that to change. We also don't have the luxury of a Reed, a Travis Kelsey or that defense that they had last year either but going back to my point. As great as Allen is, it's not cool to not have elite WRs unless we want to keep watching dropped balls and miscommunication. 

Stick to draft rumors please!!

19 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Stick to draft rumors please!!

What?  So don't respond to a message directed at me on a message board that began based off the topic?

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10116420-nfl-draft-rumors-bills-may-trade-down-not-be-aggressive-for-wr-after-diggs-trade

How about this. This would suck if I may add my opinion

Edited by Goin Breakdown

1 hour ago, mannc said:

As I said above, I could envision a trade with Chicago because the Bears have only four picks in this draft and would likely be tempted by pick 60...that's really the only deal I could see with the Bills getting into the top 10...the problem is that I think other teams will also be targeting the Bears for a trade up... 

they will need to give up a PREMIUM amount of draft capital to move to 7/8/9.  Likely 2 firsts and maybe 2 seconds as well.  If Beane does want a top 3 receiver, he will need to give a haul

i wouldn’t put it past beane if Nabers is there at 8 to try to make a deal