Interesting and detailed Bills Draft visits chart

DJB

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I'm not interested in that at all. If they trade up it should be for one of the top 3. BTJ is a 1 year wonder who runs the Gabe Davis route tree. People are hoping he can eventually be a Gabe Davis or Tee Higgins but you shouldn't be trading up for a #2 guy imo

Except he has blazing 4.3 speed instead of 4.55 speed.

• Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Except he has blazing 4.3 speed instead of 4.55 speed.

and WAAAAAAY better of a prospect overall than Gabe was, amongst those who do this for a living.

interesting that not one OL on that. i would be so very happy to find an OC or OG to hang a hat on for 10-12 years and not have to worry about that mess anymore.

maybe even more interested in that with the blue chip opportunity players there in the first over the depth guys of WR. let the WR come to us.

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

blah

his YPRR are elite.  He looks dangerous with a unique long stride.  If he was sick at the combine, would explain his performance

Out of all the “high-end” double dip WR scenarios…

Brian Thomas Jr & Troy Franklin might be the most likely to happen IMO

Would absolutely love Xavier Legette in place of either as well

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Unless the Bills are trading up in the first round...Troy Franklin would be a great get. As I've stated here before, I think he's underrated, and very possibly the 4th or 5th best receiver in this draft. 

That said...I sometimes think more gets made of the "draft visits" stuff than is reasonable. Oftentimes there are just lingering medical or character questions, or they didn't get as much work done on them as they would have liked due to any number of reasons (scout availability, scheduling, etc).

Put another way, it's possible the Bills put a ton of work into a player during the college season, have a lot of information on him, and don't need as many visits and as much "draft season" research. 

many here including myself had Troy Franklin really high on our list of who we wanted until his performance at the combine. If he was sick as claimed, and considering Joe Brady previously tried recruiting him to LSU + our private workout with him….  Bills have done tons of work there

• Like (+1) 1

Xavier Worthy posted on Instagram yesterday that he was in Buffalo for what appears a pre-draft visit.  

Love his speed, but I am concerned about his durability with that slender frame and also concerned how effective he would be in bad weather when speed is negated and play gets a lot more physical.  

So not sure how much sense he makes as a WR1 for Buffalo, but I can see why they would have him in for a visit as that speed is nuts.

Seen a lot of Tyreek Hill talk with Worthy, but they really are not at all similar outside straight line speed.  Hill is a dawg down field who is physical despite being short, but is very strong.  Worthy is very slender, and I am concerned about if he will have the strength to beat press coverage or step up when the weather and elements negate the speed factor late in the season and playoffs in Buffalo.

But he is intriguing with that 4.2 speed.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

22 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Xavier Worthy posted on Instagram yesterday that he was in Buffalo for what appears a pre-draft visit.  

Love his speed, but I am concerned about his durability with that slender frame and also concerned how effective he would be in bad weather when speed is negated and play gets a lot more physical.  

So not sure how much sense he makes as a WR1 for Buffalo, but I can see why they would have him in for a visit as that speed is nuts.

Seen a lot of Tyreek Hill talk with Worthy, but they really are not at all similar outside straight line speed.  Hill is a dawg down field who is physical despite being short, but is very strong.  Worthy is very slender, and I am concerned about if he will have the strength to beat press coverage or step up when the weather and elements negate the speed factor late in the season and playoffs in Buffalo.

But he is intriguing with that 4.2 speed.  

I share the same concerns about Worthy.  I have at least 6 WR rated higher.  But Bills need speed.  Josh has been looking for a younger, faster John Brown.  Worthy is also a Punt Returner.  With the new rules, returners are even more important.  We have a need for returners, and a need for speed.  If we draft Worthy, we must draft a tall WR as well IMO

Edited by Pete

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I share the same concerns about Worthy.  I have at least 6 WR rated higher.  But Bills need speed.  Josh has been looking for a younger, faster John Brown.  Worthy is also a Punt Returner.  With the new rules, returners are even more important.  We have a need for returners, and a need for speed.  If we draft Worthy, we must draft a tall WR as well IMO

Honestly, if we take Worthy I guarantee the new KO rules helped put them over the top as that absolutely boosts his value and why I have warmed up some to him where I previously had him around 8th or 9th on my WR board just over the size concerns I brought up above.

And if we do take him, I have a feeling Beane may make a move to go get someone like Tez Walker in the third by trading back up there with some of our extra picks. 

6 hours ago, Lost said:

https://www.kentweyrauch.com/nfldraftvisits

Just checked that chart from 2023 and there are no visits with Dalton Kincaid and only 1 private meeting with Kaiir Elam in 2022.   So maybe it's not all that telling after all.  

My guess is, you have the game data for the top of the draft. Maybe they spend more time evaluating those they like rds 2-7 to decide where on there board they will fall.

7 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

I hate to say it but I could see the bills drafting Cooper DeJean in the first and then moving back up in the 2nd round to draft Troy Franklin   

If we landed Franklin to pair with an earlier pick of DeJean, this would be Beane's best 1st/2nd round since he got here. That would be a huge win for the Bills.

Unfortunately, DeJean isnt lasting to 28.

The only way DeJean is a "bad" pick is if we also pick DT in the 2nd and ignore WR until the 4th.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, <bills4life> said:

I hate to say it but I could see the bills drafting Cooper DeJean in the first and then moving back up in the 2nd round to draft Troy Franklin   

would be so foolish IMO. Very upsetting.

this staff turned a castoff in Poyer and a good player in Hyde into All-Pro’s

Mike Edwards is solid.  Rapp came on strong at the end of the year.  There’s still a small chance we could sign Justin Simmons in June if he’s left out there.  Or, take someone in the 4th that the DB coach knows already.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Mike Edwards is solid.  Rapp came on strong at the end of the year.  There’s still a small chance we could sign Justin Simmons in June if he’s left out there.  Or, take someone in the 4th that the DB coach knows already.

Don't draft Safety till round 4.  If McDermott can do 1 thing right, it's coach the hell outta safety, hell DB'S in general.

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I don’t disagree with you at all. Sorry I threw that out into the universe.  Would it really be that shocking though?

1 minute ago, <bills4life> said:

I don’t disagree with you at all. Sorry I threw that out into the universe.  Would it really be that shocking though?

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I can see it now.  Pick 28. Brian Thomas jr. is still sitting there.  We are all excited, it’s really happening.  With the 28th pick in the nfl draft the Buffalo bills select cooper dejean iowa.  😂 

1 minute ago, <bills4life> said:

I can see it now.  Pick 28. Brian Thomas jr. is still sitting there.  We are all excited, it’s really happening.  With the 28th pick in the nfl draft the Buffalo bills select cooper dejean iowa.  😂 

Oh dear Lord, I’d almost cry😂

2% chance BTJ gets past Dallas even

2 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

If that actually happens, I'm going to stick a very nasty pin in the "bills4life" voodoo doll that I will have to rapidly construct from the shards of what remains of my telly.

• Haha (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

This doesn’t feel accurate.  For example, there is no Ladd McConkey who has publicly stated he’s met with the Bills now multiple times, at least 3 which would put him ahead of several players on this list.  

I think these guys are just collating information based on the prospects social media and observations of who is observed meeting with teams at combines.

But if the prospect keeps it quiet, the Bills sure don't publicize it.