2025 WR FAs

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2025/all/wide-receiver/

Just a peek here at the 25 FA WR market. Obviously this can and will diminish in size as guys get re-signed or tagged or 5th years picked up but if the Bills are in the market, there are some very intriguing names.

Jefferson 

Chase

CeeDee Lamb

Ayuik

Higgins 

Devonta Smith

Brandin Cooks

Amari Cooper

Just to name a few. A very solid market!

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Just a peek here at the 25 FA WR market. Obviously this can and will diminish in size as guys get re-signed or tagged or 5th years picked up but if the Bills are in the market, there are some very intriguing names.

Jefferson 

Chase

CeeDee Lamb

Ayuik

Higgins 

Devonta Smith

Brandin Cooks

Amari Cooper

Yes, solid right now. Out of that group I think Cooks and maybe Cooper make it to FA. Neither are really that tempting in 2025. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Yes, solid right now. Out of that group I think Cooks and maybe Cooper make it to FA. Neither are really that tempting in 2025. 

Cooper looked good to me last year, under questionable QB play but age an issue. Cooks continues to be super underrated , both would be a vet guy on a short term deal. 

Jefferson,  I feel could demand a trade in Minny but boy that price would be crazy. 

CeeDee could possibly do the same

Higgins should be available unless he's dealt this year n signs extension with new team.

How bout Devonta Smith?👀👀

18 minutes ago, transient said:

You forgot Diggs…

oops 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Cooper looked good to me last year, under questionable QB play but age an issue. Cooks continues to be super underrated , both would be a vet guy on a short term deal. 

Jefferson,  I feel could demand a trade in Minny but boy that price would be crazy. 

CeeDee could possibly do the same

Higgins should be available unless he's dealt this year n signs extension with new team.

How bout Devonta Smith?👀👀

oops 

Cooper and Cooks both had some really good moments last year. Now they have to get through this year and will be yet another year older next year. At some point a dropoff can be expected. I think that day is soon for both. A 1 year Emmanuel Sanders type contract? Possibly. 

I think ultimately, both Jefferson and Lamb are signed to large large deals with their current teams. And I think eventually, the Bengals loosen up the purse strings and get Higgins under contract. But like you point out, even if push came to shove the trade price for any of them would be way too much for my liking. Especially since in addition to the picks each of them will want to reset the WR market, or in Higgins case maybe be real close to it. 

2 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Jefferson 

Chase

CeeDee Lamb

Ayuik

Higgins 

Devonta Smith

Brandin Cooks

Amari Cooper

You forgot to put Diggs on that list. The Texans just redid his contract which makes him a FA at the end of the year. 

The top 3 (Jefferson, Lamb, and Chase)will resign or go to place with biggest offer.

Higgins or Aiyuk work if they recognize they are in the receiver 10-20 range and should cost about 5-7 million less a year than the top 3-5 guys.

Diggs is in for a rude awakening. He will have a solid year with Texans. He just voided roughly $75 million after this season. If he resigns, it should be no more than $75 million wherever he goes.

As for me, give me Adonai Mitchell (trade up in 2nd to get one of Leggette, Franklin, or McConkey) or stay put and get the receiver they brought in on a top 30 visit from North Carolina.

Those two with Samuels, Shakir, and Kincaid ought to be enough. If not, then grab your FA WR needed with the cap room in 2025.

Edited by Wizard

12 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Jefferson 

Chase

CeeDee Lamb

Ayuik

Higgins 

Devonta Smith

Brandin Cooks

Amari Cooper

That's a very expensive market.