Buffalo Media's Credibility

krf139

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

Listen I don't think diggs is the victim

All I've been saying is he did say the right things at the podium.. was a great player... And did Charity stuff around the city

There have been plenty of bad apples who trashed the city and deserved no Love

I'm just not going to piss on him on the way out and he certainly did help the bills

I get it. I was a Diggs fan too. If I could replay that 2020 year over and over again, i’d die a happy man.

But he deserves the crap he got from the media. He caused it. He is his own worst enemy.

He lost me for good with that crap he pulled with Allen on Twitter.

Allen is everything you write about Diggs, but WITHOUT all the self induced negatives. I swing to defend Allen - not Diggs.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I get it. I was a Diggs fan too. If I could replay that 2020 year over and over again, i’d die a happy man.

But he deserves the crap he got from the media. He caused it. He is his own worst enemy.

He lost me for good with that crap he pulled with Allen on Twitter.

Allen is everything you write about Diggs, but WITHOUT all the self induced negatives. I swing to defend Allen - not Diggs.

Well Allen is the franchise

And a loyal humble hard working kid

Diggs is a talented, yet sensitive diva wide receiver

And the bills will certainly survive and be fine

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BMWR100RT said:

This thread is insane. All this worry about something you have no control over other than to spend your money or not. I'd try to just enjoy the show. It's entertainment. 

You haven't spent much time on this board, have you?

• Haha (+1) 4

8 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Diggs was voted a team captain.. never said one bad thing about the City of Buffalo or the organization

Came to practice every day and played his butt off for 4 years

The media drummed up his diva status and helped drive him out of town... There's been nothing but smear pieces about him for the last 2 years

The national media and pundits drove him out of Buffalo by highlighting this narrative day in and day out for 2 years

He certainly never went to the podium and said I want to leave or anything bad about Buffalo.. never not once 

What he was was hyper competitive

I agree with most of what you're saying.  But humans are complicated.   Diggs was talented, gave us a lot of good memories, came to practice every day, said nice things about Buffalo, and worked his butt off.  So did OJ.  Then, years later, we learned OJ had some horrible character flaws.

I'm thankful for Diggs's contributions and appreciate his classy goodbye.  At the same time, I think Aaron Kromer's daughter and Maddy Glab both had reasons to say the things they did.  I think Tim Graham is telling the truth about the interaction between Diggs and Josh after the Jets game.  And I suspect all that stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.  

Like a lot of people, Diggs has good angels on his right should and little devils on his left.  

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

I agree with most of what you're saying.  But humans are complicated.   Diggs was talented, gave us a lot of good memories, came to practice every day, said nice things about Buffalo, and worked his butt off.  So did OJ.  Then, years later, we learned OJ had some horrible character flaws.

I'm thankful for Diggs's contributions and appreciate his classy goodbye.  At the same time, I think Aaron Kromer's daughter and Maddy Glab both had reasons to say the things they did.  I think Tim Graham is telling the truth about the interaction between Diggs and Josh after the Jets game.  And I suspect all that stuff is just the tip of the iceberg.  

Like a lot of people, Diggs has good angels on his right should and little devils on his left.  

Ofc I certainly am not trying to make him the victim

Of course he has some demons... We've had had cases who have had their dirty laundry in public and trashed the city publicly

At least it was all kept in house.. he played hard... Made our team better and embraced buffalo unlike some 

So yeah he certainly does have quirks... A little bit two facie

But he worked hard enough to be named  Captain and helped Josh's development

So I won't kick him on the way out... I do think our team can win a lot of football games without him

• Like (+1) 1

Feel like Buffalo being a small market where views are aimed to reach a 100 000 people not millions you get what you get with the local media. 

Its Buffalo. You're never really fully removed from the fans and the team. I think if the local media was as tough as the media in New York, Boston, or Philly you'd really make Buffalo an undesirable destination. People don't want to head this but it's true. Green Bay if I'm not mistaken  is also well known for praising the team rather than be tough with the Packers. 

As it pertains to Diggs. I think he just wanted out of Buffalo (the city) and wanted to move on when he thought a Superbowl was going to be more of a grind to achieve then when he first got here. Personally I'll take the 27 million in capspace and move on.

AJ GREEN, JULIO JONES, ANDRE JOHNSON, DEZ BRYANT, ANTONIO BROWN, MARVIN HARRISON, ERIC MOULDS, etc all saw their production significantly decrease after their age 31 season. Take the 2nd and move on. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ahhh, the media is just a sideshow. This isn’t international affairs. There’s no need AT ALL for local sports teams journalism to be lunatics about investigative stuff. 

A media that interferes in team activities is doing a disservice to the fans, because there’s no way at all it wouldn’t ruin the team. So either a team’s media is gullible and wrong, or invasive and wrong. The important thing is they’re wrong, one way or the other. If the media got into the depths of personal conflict within the organization they’d surely ruin the team. 

• Like (+1) 1

The one thing the Buffalo media were wrong about wrt Diggs was that they said over and over he couldn't be traded because of the cap hit.  Well, that was a sensible opinion but it was wrong.

The media have had very little part in the Diggs saga, IMO. Diggs has always been a diva, back to his days in Minnesota, but lots of professional athletes are.

It’s really very simple: He was happy when Daboll was OC and they were winning and passing the ball 80% of the time, less happy when Dorsey became OC and the offense started to struggle, and really unhappy when Brady became OC and they turned into a run first team that targets RBs and TEs in the passing game.

His unhappiness combined with the change in offensive focus made him as much of a liability as an asset so the team accommodated his desire to move on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 hours ago, krf139 said:

Lost in the Diggs news of this week is how wrong the Buffalo media have been about Diggs over the past year:

- WGR hosts routinely dismissed callers who raised Diggs' behavior as an issue

- Team beat reporters took pride in pushing back on the national narrative that Diggs was an issue and could be traded.  They would boast about how they're local, on the ground and more tuned into the team.  They'd highlight the cap hit and claim that anyone from the national media who suggested a Diggs trade didn't understand the cap implications.  They loved going on national shows to tell everyone how much they know about the team and how the national narrative about a Diggs issue was wrong and potential trade wasn't happening.  Matt Bove even tweeted that Diggs wasn't getting traded literally less than 10 minutes before the trade was reported

- Tim Graham (who I previously thought was one of the few good ones) is now reporting how Allen snapped at Diggs after the Week 1 loss to the Jets.  It's such a disservice and somewhat disingenuous to withhold information like this until he's gone.  It highlights how many of these folks care far more about maintaining relationships/access to the players than holistically reporting what's going on with the team - especially a week 1 incident involving a player who was the talk of the offseason

It's unfortunate we don't have media members covering the team who we can trust.  I can only wonder what will continue to come out about the Diggs situation, or what would come out about McDermott re: 13 seconds if he gets fired. 

To be fair, having more articles about how broken Diggs’ relationship with the team was would not help his trade value. 

21 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

The media drummed up his diva status and helped drive him out of town... There's been nothing but smear pieces about him for the last 2 years

The national media and pundits drove him out of Buffalo by highlighting this narrative day in and day out for 2 years

Do you really believe fans and reporters can "run a player out of town"?  No one really believes that, but they like to pretend it's true for some reason.  

In reality, he's gone because, as it turns out, he didn't come to play hard every day.  His coaching stuff knows infinitely more than you or any fan or "national media" bogeymen do about what it was like to coach, direct, pay and otherwise employ Stef Diggs.  And those people decided it was worth millions of dollars to pay him  to play for someone else.

That tells all you need to know about what and who "ran him out of town".

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Do you really believe fans and reporters can "run a player out of town"?  No one really believes that, but they like to pretend it's true for some reason.  

In reality, he's gone because, as it turns out, he didn't come to play hard every day.  His coaching stuff knows infinitely more than you or any fan or "national media" bogeymen do about what it was like to coach, direct, pay and otherwise employ Stef Diggs.  And those people decided it was worth millions of dollars to pay him  to play for someone else.

That tells all you need to know about what and who "ran him out of town".

The cops ran Marshawn out of town by arresting him. 

They are currently running Rashee Rice out of town in KC.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/5/2024 at 2:19 PM, Buffalo716 said:

I have never said Stef is a victim... Never not once

I said I'm not pissing on him on his way out of Buffalo because he was good for Josh Allen's development and the team

I don't give two craps what you think of me

Some people on this board probably don't know if a football is filled with air or stuffed with feathers

Wait, @Buffalo716, Just what are you saying here? 

Are you trying to tell me that footballs ARENT stuffed with feathers?  I thought the feathers were to help them fly!

Just now, Beck Water said:

Wait, @Buffalo716, Just what are you saying here? 

Are you trying to tell me that footballs ARENT stuffed with feathers?  I thought the feathers were to help them fly!

You caught me being snarky

Of course a football is stuffed with eagle feathers

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo716 said:

You caught me being snarky

Of course a football is stuffed with eagle feathers

So....when McKenzie shot the bald eagles, he was just trying to "take one for the team"?  

(OK I know there's gonna be someone....WE'RE JOKING HERE, OK?)

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

So....when McKenzie shot the bald eagles, he was just trying to "take one for the team"?  

(OK I know there's gonna be someone....WE'RE JOKING HERE, OK?)

I think Mckenzie was trying to take one for his restaurant 😳bald eagle BBQ

And yes PETA it's a joke 

Edited by Buffalo716