Diggs traded to Texans for picks

8 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he was terrible on non-pass plays.

The play was half over before Diggs could have done most of what this guy said to he should do in the time he had to do it in order to impact the play in any meaningful way, especially the suggestion that he could have influenced the strong safety who was nearly 20 yards away from Diggs at the snap. I’m sure there are other plays to illustrate Diggs’s lack of commitment, but this wasn’t much of one.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For everyone lining up to talk ***** about Diggs after he's gone, even though we got 4 great years out of him, careful what you wish for...

WRs are gonna WR. Just go with it.

Right on time for the annual stories to leak out in the hopes that a top prospect might fall in the draft. Beane must really want Nabers something fierce. 😂

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, K-9 said:

Right on time for the annual stories to leak out in the hopes that a top prospect might fall in the draft. Beane must really want Nabers something fierce. 😂

Haha I thought that too. But to think any of these Big 3 WRs arent going to be divas in their own right soon enough is just naive.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Haha I thought that too. But to think any of these Big 3 WRs arent going to be divas in their own right soon enough is just naive.

Cheap young diva>>>>expensive old diva

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I mean, like Buffalo is a big city. We're the city folks who come from rural areas like. Josh will explain it to him.

17 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The play was half over before Diggs could have done most of what this guy said to he should do in the time he had to do it in order to impact the play in any meaningful way, especially the suggestion that he could have influenced the strong safety who was nearly 20 yards away from Diggs at the snap. I’m sure there are other plays to illustrate Diggs’s lack of commitment, but this wasn’t much of one.

Sure it is. You don't know what plays you will have an impact and what plays you won't. That's why you give it your best every play. Diggs showed terrible motivation on that play, regardless of the outcome. He should be trying even if he knows he will have no impact.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Sure it is. You don't know what plays you will have an impact and what plays you won't. That's why you give it your best every play. Diggs showed terrible motivation on that play, regardless of the outcome. He should be trying even if he knows he will have no impact.

I don’t think I suggested that players shouldn’t try their hardest every play, but if you’re gonna analyze a play to make the point like the “coach” in the video, it would be more credible to not suggest things the player could have done that simply aren’t possible during the play. 

• Disagree 1

50 minutes ago, MJS said:

Yeah, he was terrible on non-pass plays.

Sure there are always a few plays, where you don't get maximum effort blocking from every wide receiver

Stefon diggs also laid some really good blocks here over 4 years.. 100% he had some good blocks including one that sprang Knox for a touchdown

You can find clips of every single wide receiver doing what diggs did in that clip

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

20 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I don’t think I suggested that players shouldn’t try their hardest every play, but if you’re gonna analyze a play to make the point like the “coach” in the video, it would be more credible to not suggest things the player could have done that simply aren’t possible during the play. 

He is highlighting his effort, which was crap.

4 minutes ago, MJS said:

I agree, but “the coach” then loses credibility by suggesting Diggs should have done this or that to influence the play when those things were impossible in the first place. The only D player Diggs could influence on that play was the CB lined up in man coverage, who also was too far from the play to matter. 

57 minutes ago, MJS said:

You could also find clips of him having good effort though... That is indisputable

Playing 82% of snaps at wide receiver.. you're going to get beat up.. dinged... Tired

All of that takes a toll on your play

Did his effort decline as the year went on? Sure... Was he also on the injury report for a back injury? Yea 

Does a back injury clear up in a week in the NFL? Hell no

You cannot find me one current Superstar wide receiver... Who blocks like his hair is on fire every single play

You're going to get some lazy snaps

But playing devil's advocate... If somebody like this coach is going to show his lazy snaps.. he should also show the snaps where he blocked hard because they do exist

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, MJS said:

100% and it's even more true for the player who takes himself off the field more than anyone else on his team! He had become the guy interested only in plays where the ball was 1. Going in the air and 2. Designed to go to him. He's a team player as long as it's Team Diggs! Brady invites more QB options on pass plays than Prince Stefon liked- good luck in Houston where you're already 3rd in line at the feeding trough!

Edited by AKC

13 minutes ago, AKC said:

100% and it's even more true for the player who takes himself off the field more than anyone else on his team! He had become the guy interested only in plays where the ball was 1. Going in the air and 2. Designed to go to him. He's a team player as long as it's Team Diggs! Brady invites more QB options on pass plays than Prince Stefon liked- good luck in Houston where you're already 3rd in line at the feeding trough!

Take himself off the field more than anybody?

He played 82% of the snaps..  which is certainly not always taking yourself off the field... And had a back injury that landed him on the injury report

No back injury clears up in a week or two

So he certainly was hobbled which is why he probably would take himself out

But he did play 82% of snaps on The year 

Tyreek Hill played like 68% for comparison

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

For everyone lining up to talk ***** about Diggs after he's gone, even though we got 4 great years out of him, careful what you wish for...

WRs are gonna WR. Just go with it.

Luckily, no one ever accused Buffalo of being a big city. Come on down young man!