Diggs traded to Texans for picks

11 minutes ago, FireChans said:

This is a joke right? Diggs was acting up in TC this past year! He ran the Minnesota playbook to a T. 

He tweets cryptic ***** and acts out. This is how Beane knew he was available in Minnesota, and this is how teams knew he was gettable now.

We need to stop deluding ourselves. This didn’t happen overnight. The whole cryptic tweet topic is a referendum on people who need to wake up. Maybe the guy who has now forced his way off two teams with weird comments and weird behavior DID IT ON PURPOSE.

either you think he’s completely low function and clueless 

or he’s a charismatic but manipulative jerk 

im going with the latter as I don’t think he’s among the lowest functioning adults around. He clearly knows what he’s doing.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

yeah, but we prob should have traded him earlier perhaps (prior to last year. although perhaps Kincaid and Shakir not as developed then getting cb1 coverage who knows)?

The one area Beane 100% screwed up with was extending Diggs with 2 years on his deal.

I think @BADOLBILZ said that it was something Beane has never done with any player in the org except Josh Allen? And I think Beane’s MO to other pending FA’s was that extensions weren’t on the table until approaching the final year of the current deal. 

It’s clear now that the extension was the way to try to get Diggs’ back in and win some goodwill. unfortunately, we are now paying a ton of that extension money, while Diggs hasn’t even finished his previous contract.

When you play with a toxic WR, you get burned.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

I thinks its a mixed bag

But I wouldnt go that hard and go for nine

Sure move for the guys you feel fit.

We aint gettin Marvin Harrison jr so ...

I think a more moderate move up to Brian Thomas is realistic.

Id also be fine just grabbing AD Mitchell at ~28 and move around the 2nd and grab Franklin. 

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Not really.  Yes there could have been calls before and Beane probably scoffed at them but when they were sitting at 6-6 and about to change OC's, then the calls sounded a bit more reasonable is all I was getting at.

I know it didn't happen overnight, it started 2 years ago when they extended him and Diggs probably felt like he was "untouchable" within the organization.

I don’t think Brandon Beane had any intention of even considering trading Diggs up to the start of the 2023 season.

I think Stefon Diggs clearly had different ideas.  And that can’t be more obvious in hindsight today.

Thinking of impactful veterans that are either available or possibly could be made available

Jefferson

DK Metcalf

Aiyuk

Higgins

Sutton

Kupp

feel free to make suggestions

DK Metcalf would be my target. Only 26 and could be incredible with Allen

I’d offer 60 and 2025 2nd.  That should be ballpark

only 26

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

This guy is an emotional wreck all the time.  It’s like a 14 year old has a job on Wgr 

Pretty sure a bunch of the guys there are in their 20's so they have never known bills success until now.

I know Joe Dibiase is like 27 or something like that.

White, Shoop, Bulldog and Sal are the old guys left.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

I think Diggs probably has wanted out since last year and Bills knew he wasn’t going to play nice with a new alpha receiver the Bills plan on drafting. That would only make the diva drama worse so it was time to cut the cord now for team chemistry. Diggs is on the downside of his career trajectory. Some alphas can’t live with another alpha. He probably wanted no part of teaching his replacement. That’s just the way uber competitive guys are sometimes. 

I agree with that this and for that reason can’t imagine things will go better for him in Houston after the honeymoon period is over 

I think you could make the case hes the third best receiver there right now 

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Thinking of impactful veterans that are either available or possibly could be made available

Jefferson

DK Metcalf

Aiyuk

Higgins

Sutton

Kupp

How are you going to pay for them? WR has to be through the draft.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I don’t think Brandon Beane had any intention of even considering trading Diggs up to the start of the 2023 season.

I think Stefon Diggs clearly had different ideas.  And that can’t be more obvious in hindsight today.

that they restructured him last offseason indicates that this wasn’t the plan at the time… it’s remarkable how quickly after that money came he turned ultra sour though.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jefferson

DK Metcalf

Aiyuk

Higgins

Sutton

Kupp

only 26

Suggestion:   Draft

• Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Jefferson

DK Metcalf

Aiyuk

Higgins

Sutton

Kupp

only 26

Let’s just go WR round 1 and 2. It’s the perfect class to get a couple great weapons on the cheap for the next 4-5 years. 

BUT…I’d be down for getting Sutton. Bet we could get him for a 4th rounder 

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

that they restructured him last offseason indicates that this wasn’t the plan at the time… it’s remarkable how quickly after that money came he turned ultra sour though.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2877076-stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-odds-of-vikings-trading-star-wr-are-pretty-long.amp.html

“NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported in October that Diggs' frustration with the Vikings was "palpable" to the point teammates wondered if he wanted to remain in Minnesota. 

Things eventually cooled down enough for Diggs to finish out the season. He turned in the most productive campaign of his career with 1,130 receiving yards, 17.9 yards per reception and six touchdowns. 

Diggs is entering the second season of a five-year contract extension he signed in July 2018. The Maryland alum will earn $10.9 million in base salary in 2020, per Spotrac.”

It. Was. The. Minnesota. Playbook.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2877076-stefon-diggs-trade-rumors-odds-of-vikings-trading-star-wr-are-pretty-long.amp.html

“NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reported in October that Diggs' frustration with the Vikings was "palpable" to the point teammates wondered if he wanted to remain in Minnesota. 

Things eventually cooled down enough for Diggs to finish out the season. He turned in the most productive campaign of his career with 1,130 receiving yards, 17.9 yards per reception and six touchdowns. 

Diggs is entering the second season of a five-year contract extension he signed in July 2018. The Maryland alum will earn $10.9 million in base salary in 2020, per Spotrac.”

It. Was. The. Minnesota. Playbook.

acquire as much guaranteed $ as possible then force a trade and get the next team to give more

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Pretty sure a bunch of the guys there are in their 20's so they have never known bills success until now.

I know Joe Dibiase is like 27 or something like that.

White, Shoop, Bulldog and Sal are the old guys left.

Nate is 30, DiBiasie is 27, I think that new guy is 25. 

So another country heard from (This is former Bills and 49ers WR Stevie Johnson)

Total change of subject, but after I found this it led me to the Twitter of former cup o coffee Bill Mike Jasper.  It was good to see - apparently he's the head football coach and associate athletic director now at Bethel University and doing well!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

It's crazy how quickly their relationship deteriorated

honestly I think diggs plays games constantly socially. Just absolutely non stop wanting to be liked but also not being a particularly likable guy. 

it’s cheesy but to be the guy with two girls in the same hotel on valentines- whatever level of truth is there- that we all buy it 110% speaks volumes to who we really think he is as a man. 

we just don’t like to think that we were sitting in one of those rooms being sweet talked. 

• Like (+1) 1