Diggs traded to Texans for picks

10 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

The point is that Stroud already has more talent at WR around him than Allen's ever had.  

Tank Dell had as good a rookie season as Samuel's ever had, slightly better.  Nico Collins is likely to be among the league's best next season.  Throw in Diggs, and when at 31 Robert Woods is your 4/5, you're lookin' pretty good.  

Stroud was incredibly impressive this past season.  It's early, and it's Ryan's second season as a HC, but it shouldn't be unrealistic to consider that Houston dominates that division for the foreseeable future.  And if all that Ryan does with that troop is see early exits from the playoffs for four or five seasons, I don't expect that he'll be kept on.  

Absolutely. Don’t disagree with you there bro. My only point was that they’re not specifically building a team around Stroud. They’re simply building a team. They had decent building blocks on offense and defensive and absolutely hit a home run on Stroud and Anderson. Key pieces for either side of the ball. 

It was said in the run up to the end of the regular season and playoffs that teams are going to start following that model.

This year they’ve seemed to invest heavily on the defensive side, not that different or what we did here when Allen started taking off. A key piece here or there in the draft and they’re good. Maybe it works out for Houston? The higher draft picks didn’t work out for us as much as one would have hoped since Josh’s second year. 

Houston will dominate that unless Lawrence and the Jags do a 180° and Richardson and the Colts stay healthy.

No disrespect to Tennessee but you can count them out for the foreseeable future. 

Credit to Nick Caserio more than DeMeco Ryans IMO. Dude inherited an absolute mess thanks to Bill O’Brien and Jack Easterby. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Our playoff wins haven't depended upon Diggs.   They've depended upon playing QBs like Skylar Thompson, Mason Rudolph, Mac Jones, a 39-year old Rivers in his last game ever, and in the case of the Ravens, a defense that had to defend a team who's top WR was Marquise Brown and whose leading rusher was their QB, otherwise JK Dobbins.  Otherwise we can't win any playoff games.  

3 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Absolutely. Don’t disagree with you there bro. My only point was that they’re not specifically building a team around Stroud. They’re simply building a team. They had decent building blocks on offense and defensive and absolutely hit a home run on Stroud and Anderson. Key pieces for either side of the ball. 

It was said in the run up to the end of the regular season and playoffs that teams are going to start following that model.

This year they’ve seemed to invest heavily on the defensive side, not that different or what we did here when Allen started taking off. A key piece here or there in the draft and they’re good. Maybe it works out for Houston? The higher draft picks didn’t work out for us as much as one would have hoped since Josh’s second year. 

Houston will dominate that unless Lawrence and the Jags do a 180° and Richardson and the Colts stay healthy.

No disrespect to Tennessee but you can count them out for the foreseeable future. 

Credit to Nick Caserio more than DeMeco Ryans IMO. Dude inherited an absolute mess thanks to Bill O’Brien and Jack Easterby. 

Pretty much agree with you there.  Let's also contrast Caserio with Beane.  

• Vomit 2

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Our playoff wins haven't depended upon Diggs.   They've depended upon playing QBs like Skylar Thompson, Mason Rudolph, Mac Jones, a 39-year old Rivers in his last game ever, and in the case of the Ravens, a defense that had to defend a team who's top WR was Marquise Brown and whose leading rusher was their QB, otherwise JK Dobbins.  Otherwise we can't win any playoff games.  

Holy run on sentence to make something fit your narrative, Batman. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Yeah, we really suck and you should find another team! 🤪

• Eyeroll 1

20 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

I'll play devil's advocate on the bolded. Why is that necessarily a great thing? Are you saying Josh's decision-making is infallible? We know that's not exactly true.

Who are the new leaders that Josh will look to for feedback on team-wide culture stuff? 

Don't discount the importance of a strong leadership team

I agree that it's an important step for Josh to make, as McDermott recently put it, become the face of the franchise. This move solidifies this as Josh's team. Now Josh needs to take the bull by the horns and demand excellence from his offense. With Diggs there, Josh would never of been able to do that.

8 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Football wise...I am EXCITED about the roles of Shakir and Kincaid expanding.  Management wise, I am puzzled why we didn't do this after June 1st and lessen the cap burden given we didn't get back any draft capital in this draft.  

I am actually not that concerned about the offense, I think we will still be an elite offense, I mean we were last year and went 6-1 with our WR1 and WR2 producing very little in that time last year.  

I just don't understand the timing if we didn't get a pick in this draft.

Because maybe Houston wanted it settled before the draft. 

3 hours ago, Freak-O said:

Yeah, we really suck and you should find another team! 🤪

Yeah, sorry for being disappointed that we've underachieved during the McBeane era with one of the seemingly greatest QBs to play the game. 

I'll try to tone down my expectations to merely being ecstatic to have a team in Buffalo and "making the playoffs."  My bad.  

I guess I'll have to hold out hope that our next QB is better than Allen so that we can do a little better come playoff time.  

This notion that the Chiefs are unbeatable is built for homers.  The Pats beat them, the Bucs who hadn't done a thing with what, a 44-year old QB, and so did the Bengals.  But hey, who's looking at the details.  What a defeatest attitude by those blathering on about how we'll never beat KC as long as Mahomes is their QB and Reid their coach.  

Either way, call me crazy for expecting more.  

Edited by PBF81
  • Like (+1) 1

Holy ignoring of reality for our team.  

;) 

Said Every Chiefs fan prior to the start of last year, at the 1/4th point of the season, at the 1/2 way point, at the 3/4ths point, and the start of the playoffs. 

Just now, Mikie2times said:

Said Every Chiefs fan prior to the start of last year, at the 1/4th point of the season, at the 1/2 way point, at the 3/4ths point, and the start of the playoffs. 

And yet ... 

Yeah, sorry for being disappointed that we've underachieved during the McBeane era with one of the seemingly greatest QBs to play the game. 

I'll try to tone down my expectations to merely being ecstatic to have a team in Buffalo and "making the playoffs."  My bad.  

I guess I'll have to hold out hope that our next QB is better than Allen so that we can do a little better come playoff time.  

This notion that the Chiefs are unbeatable is built for homers.  The Eagles beat them, the Bucs who hadn't done a thing with what, a 44-year old QB, and so did the Bengals.  But hey, who's looking at the details.  What a defeatest attitude by those blathering on about how we'll never beat KC as long as Mahomes is their QB and Reid their coach.  

Either way, call me crazy for expecting more.  

So lets run it back, that should work

7 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Oh come on. The defense is the cause of the loss to Chiefs x 2 and the Texans.  It was not Diggs. 

Diggs was the worst player on the offense vs the Chiefs this year. He dropped more than he caught and most especially the dropping of the bomb pass was the worst drop for Buffalo since Ronnie Harmon. Diggs is at best the third best receiver I have seen far behind Reed and Moulds but acted like he owned the playoff records while it is Moulds and Davis who really did.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1