Rashee Rice charged in connection to accident - Now being investigated for assault

SCBills

16 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

You hate him?  You should go outside and play

No, I will continue to just keep on hating him.  I really can't stand the guy.  I hate those packers teams he was a part of and the eagles teams he was a part of.  

Just don't like anything about the guy

32 minutes ago, Billl said:

Two witnesses have said that he never touched the guy. Might be time to tap the brakes (hehe) a bit on this. Wouldn’t want another Araiza situation to occur. 

Yes and clearly you have never immediately dismissed things and been laughably wrong.

On 3/31/2024 at 12:39 PM, Billl said:

Why would anyone be in custody?  It was a traffic accident.  There’s pictures of the drivers walking away on foot.  The cars have damage, but they aren’t mangled or anything.  Sounds like they were being stupid, but nobody’s getting arrested over speeding on the Dallas expressway unless they were driving impaired.

50 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yes and clearly you have never immediately dismissed things and been laughably wrong.

He went into the office on his own, completed the booking process, and left. He was never cuffed or confined. It happened exactly as I said it would. Pretty much everything I post here does. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Billl said:

He went into the office on his own, completed the booking process, and left. He was never cuffed or confined. It happened exactly as I said it would. Pretty much everything I post here does. 

You know that being booked is going into custody, right? Like he can’t just walk away at that point, right? He has to post bail to leave.

Edited by FireChans

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You know that being booked is going into custody, right? Like he can’t just walk away at that point, right? He has to post bail to leave.

Great. We’re splitting hairs here. Nobody put cuffs on him. He never took a ride in the back of a police car. He walked into the station on his own, went through the booking process, and walked out on his own.  The legal definition of being in custody is “when, after being arrested or convicted of a crime, they are held in jail or prison”.  https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/police-custody-lawyers.html 

Again, we’re simply splitting hairs here. 

The point is that nothing from a legal standpoint related to tours incident is going to impact what happens on the field. The league office is the real concern. Now if the worst is true regarding the nightclub situation, that could be a different story. 

Edited by Billl

13 minutes ago, Billl said:

Great. We’re splitting hairs here. Nobody put cuffs on him. He never took a ride in the back of a police car. He walked into the station on his own, went through the booking process, and walked out on his own.  The legal definition of being in custody is “when, after being arrested or convicted of a crime, they are held in jail or prison”.  https://www.legalmatch.com/law-library/article/police-custody-lawyers.html 

The point is that nothing from a legal standpoint related to tours incident is going to impact what happens on the field. The league office is the real concern. Now if the worst is true regarding the nightclub situation, that could be a different story. 

Veach seems more concerned about this than you are. They’re looking at Zay Jones today. Might have to sign him to do what Rice does on the field. 

Just now, 90sBills said:

Veach seems more concerned about this than you are. They’re looking at Zay Jones today. Might have to sign him to do what Rice does on the field. 

He’s basing his actions on what he thinks the league office will decide. I’m guessing he winds up missing 6 games for the initial incident. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Yeah if someone is splitting hairs here it's you. Acting like he wasn't arrested or in custody what because he turned himself in and posted bail, that's not how that works. Sure he turned himself in, cool if he hadn't they would have come and got him it's not a voluntary thing he has to go to court or be a fugitive. He also was in custody the court set his bail and by paying it he was allowed to leave before the trial, but up till that point he's not free to go and if doesn't post bail he's not free to go at all. Also bail isn't the same as being completely out of custody either it's more like they've given you whatever leash the court decided when they set bail.

58 minutes ago, Billl said:

He’s basing his actions on what he thinks the league office will decide. I’m guessing he winds up missing 6 games for the initial incident. 

Give or take a few years for the felony charges.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Billl said:

Driving 119mph, causing a multivehicle crash with bodily injuries to others, and then leaving the scene of the accident, all while being caught on the dashcam of another vehicle? 6 games? :lol: Yeah, no. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/31/2024 at 8:16 AM, EasternOHBillsFan said:

What happened to innocent until proven guilty? Araiza and Von Miller threads were filled with that line over the past year plus. Just saying

I agree it's innocent until proven guilty, but to be fair some people still think Araiza did it lol.

People are not fair, they are judgemental. 

• Like (+1) 1

Multiple media outlets have obtained the police report. Steven Dial of Fox 4 has posted the key portion of it.

“The Complainant . . . said that on May 6, 2025, at approximately 1:30 AM he was at Lit Kitchen and Lounge located at 609 N Hardwood St for an after hours party, which he left shortly after. The Complainant said that he was in his car driving away from the location, where at approximately 1:56 AM Suspect . . . sent the Complainant a message on Instagram, asking the Complainant where he was at and asking the Complainant to return back to Lit Kitchen and Lounge. The Complainant said that at the time he believed the Suspect wanted to hire him to take pictures. The Complainant said that as the returned back to the location, he was made aware of where the Suspect was at by other members of the Suspect’s entourage. The Complainant said that he located the Suspect, and the Suspect asked him to look at Suspect’s cellphone; Which [sic] were messages sent by the Complainant and another individual by the Instagram name of [redacted]. The Complainant said that as he was looking down at the Suspect’s cellphone, Suspect punched the Complainant on the left side of the Complainant’s face.”

The Dallas Morning News item regarding the police report states that the Complainant had “visible swelling on one side of his face.” The Dallas Morning News article also contends that, "[o]n social media, doubt has been cast on the narrative in the hours since the allegation first surfaced Tuesday,” and that "[t]wo civilians with knowledge of the incident told The News a verbal altercation occurred at the club, but there was no physical contact.”

In other words, the witnesses didn’t see the punch, if there was one. That doesn’t mean there wasn’t a punch, but that testimony (if offered at trial) becomes evidence that could support reasonable doubt.

Of course, that won’t be the bar if prosecutors use this incident to attempt to revoke Rice’s bond. He’s currently facing eight felony charges arising from a late-March street racing incident. The conditions of his release pending trial surely include not committing assault — especially since he faces an aggravated assault charge, among other things.

If prosecutors in the pending case try to have Rice jailed pending trial, it’s possible if not likely that the “preponderance of the evidence” (i.e., more likely than not) standard applies.

Legal troubles aside, the league's personal conduct policy doesn't care how the he said/she said narrative turns out. He's at a club in the wee hours of Monday morning getting into an altercation that turns into a police report, just weeks after causing a multi-car accident while drag racing.

Honestly wouldn't be totally surprised if the league makes an example out of him and slaps him with like a 10 game suspension. Maybe more. There have been too many recent occurrences of NFL players involved in high speed incidents and this latest legal problem of his is the cherry on top.

28 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Legal troubles aside, the league's personal conduct policy doesn't care how the he said/she said narrative turns out. He's at a club in the wee hours of Monday morning getting into an altercation that turns into a police report, just weeks after causing a multi-car accident while drag racing.

Honestly wouldn't be totally surprised if the league makes an example out of him and slaps him with like a 10 game suspension. Maybe more. There have been too many recent occurrences of NFL players involved in high speed incidents and this latest legal problem of his is the cherry on top.

Two witnesses who definitely couldn't be other members of his entourage that may have helped lure the guy there, and the swelling on his face just magically appeared. I'm sure the contents of those messages on the phone won't be incrementing at all either. 🤔

3 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah if someone is splitting hairs here it's you. Acting like he wasn't arrested or in custody what because he turned himself in and posted bail, that's not how that works. Sure he turned himself in, cool if he hadn't they would have come and got him it's not a voluntary thing he has to go to court or be a fugitive. He also was in custody the court set his bail and by paying it he was allowed to leave before the trial, but up till that point he's not free to go and if doesn't post bail he's not free to go at all. Also bail isn't the same as being completely out of custody either it's more like they've given you whatever leash the court decided when they set bail.

Give or take a few years for the felony charges.

One of us is way off, I’ll give you that much.

On 3/31/2024 at 2:03 PM, Billl said:

Punishable with a maximum fine of $10,000 and loss of a license in TX.  Nobody is going into custody.

On 3/31/2024 at 2:08 PM, Billl said:

You think Rice is getting cuffed over this?

21 hours ago, Billl said:

Two witnesses have said that he never touched the guy. Might be time to tap the brakes (hehe) a bit on this. Wouldn’t want another Araiza situation to occur. 

Araiza touched....

15 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I would be. This isn't directed at you but more the theme of fans in general. But...Seems like a broken record at this point whenever someone gets in trouble. Leage should "make an example".  High speed incidents. Domestic violence. Drug violations. All slaps on the wrist. So why would they do anything shockingly harsh now? 

As long as it doesn't turn out Rice placed a bet at a sports book place, I don't see any long term major punishment. Seems to be the only broken rule the league takes seriously. NFL discipline is a complete joke.

I suspect he will get between 6-12 games, dependent on details that come out over the next month or two.  I dont think the NFL will rush to a decision on it.  6-9 games for the initial incident, and 3-6 games for the second incident dependent on details that come forward

Per multiple sources, multiple teams learned during the pre-draft process about an alleged incident involving Rice while he was at SMU. Rice believed former SMU basketball player Kendric Davis was seeing Rice’s girlfriend. Rice and some of his friends, per the specific information gathered by at least one team, went to an SMU basketball game. Rice (or someone with him), per the specific information gathered by at least one team, fired multiple bullets into the empty car belonging to Kendric Davis.

Multiple sources expressed a belief that every team was aware of the incident before the draft, including the Chiefs. Kansas City drafted Rice in round two. He was the fifty-fifth overall selection.

The incident was never reported to authorities by SMU. (An SMU spokesperson had no comment on the situation.)

I'd want to see one more source on this but those details are insane if true.

• Shocked 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1