J.K. Dobbins would be a good addition as the Bills’ power RB.

If Buffalo doesnt draft a Rb they will be going shopping post june 1st for 1.  Many options.  I would lean more Zeke style.  Dobbins is a high injury risk. Need a guy for the Murray role but with more juice. 

9 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Zeke averaged a whopping 3.5 yards per carry last year. Down a bit from the 3.8 yards per carry he had the year before. And just over 6 yards per reception. I would say the "Zeke is washed" arguments have some merit to them. 

I like him for his pass protection alone!! 

• Agree 1

Injuries look at the numbers when he started, 15 starts as rookie in 2020, missed second due to ACL in 2021, and rebounded in 2022 to start 8 games before ACL:

2020:  
       134-805-6.0ypc-9TDs-2 Fs-0 lost 

2021 out all year ACL/MCL

2022  Started 8 games before Achilles

92-520-5.72ypc-4TDs-4Fs-2 lost

2023 Out all year Achilles

Guy surely distinguished himself when healthy.  And, recovered from two major injuries.  Tre still working on it but older and many wanted to give him a chance.

Dr. Neal ElAttrache, who did the surgery on Dobbins' torn Achilles suffered during the Ravens' Week 1 win over the Texans, wrote a letter to NFL teams informing them that Dobbins is ready to go, per NFL Media, which noted that ElAttrache's letter also stated that the running back looks "outstanding" in his recovery.

• Like (+1) 1

If medically cleared JK Dobbins and Ty  Johnson are a $3.1 RB2/3 tandem.

Spotrac Dobbins mkt $2.1M and Ty is $1.29M is $3.4M. Ty is set with his $$ but we need more weapons for Allen and Dobbins on a one year cap friendly prove it deal playing on a high potency offense, high profile team would help him a long way.This is the year for Beane to take a high ceiling shot especially since we have no money for another non-draftee on offense.  Risk/reward.

BTW:  JK Dobbins is 5’10 215lbs.  Pretty strong.

I would be happy to take a flier on Dobbins. Love him as a RB, but he’s coming back from an achilles (on top of the ACL he had prior). As long as the risk is very low and we don’t let signing him preclude us from drafting another RB I would love to have him. 

On 3/27/2024 at 3:38 AM, Doc Brown said:

Hard pass and I liked him coming out of the draft because he sounded like a Harry Potter character.

I'll let someone else take that chance coming off a torn ACL and a torn Achilles.  Maybe the Rams give him $8.5m.  We'll find someone through the draft and if that doesn't come to fruition sign someone like Murray like we did last year.  I'm holding out hope for Zeke Elliott personally.

chamber of secrets hp GIF