Bills sign C/G Will Clapp

I hope this is more of a camp body pickup. He's not highly regarded by any fans of the teams he played on even as a backup they say he was pretty bad. While he is coming off of a injury Chargers fans did say he played decently for the most part last season so that's a positive. I really hope the Bills invest at least two draft picks into the offensive line. I don't like the depth and Edwards while not a bad starter is not someone I am confident in. Outside of Van Denmark as a capable swing tackle I don't really like what the team has depth wise along the offensive line. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsfan89 said:

I hope this is more of a camp body pickup. He's not highly regarded by any fans of the teams he played on even as a backup they say he was pretty bad. While he is coming off of a injury Chargers fans did say he played decently for the most part last season so that's a positive. I really hope the Bills invest at least two draft picks into the offensive line. I don't like the depth and Edwards while not a bad starter is not someone I am confident in. Outside of Van Denmark as a capable swing tackle I don't really like what the team has depth wise along the offensive line. 

Well, let's see.

His PFF (yes I know PFF sucks for grading OL) for last year was 56.7

BUT he had 702 snaps with 1 penalty and 1 sack given up. Not too shabby for a depth role. 

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Well, let's see.

His PFF (yes I know PFF sucks for grading OL) for last year was 56.7

BUT he had 702 snaps with 1 penalty and 1 sack given up. Not too shabby for a depth role. 

I actually think PFF isn't a terrible oline metric even if it is flawed. That being said I tend to go by what fans who watch their teams incessantly say about the players. Chargers fans said mixed things, seems like he was filling in decently as a backup for the most part. I don't hate the signing but I do hope the Bills view him as competition for a depth role and not a key reserve.  

3 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

I actually think PFF isn't a terrible oline metric even if it is flawed. That being said I tend to go by what fans who watch their teams incessantly say about the players. Chargers fans said mixed things, seems like he was filling in decently as a backup for the most part. I don't hate the signing but I do hope the Bills view him as competition for a depth role and not a key reserve.  

There are some positions I can take some fan input in. Offensive line is not one of them. Most fans don't really watch the OL, they follow the ball. And many wouldn't know what to look for if they were watching.