Chiefs president floats the idea of the team leaving

33 minutes ago, Success said:

While I can't stand the Chiefs - I would never wish this on a fanbase.   I hope this doesn't happen.

Totally agree ! I despise the typical KC fan but this would be such bs.  Just a smug jack wagon silver spooned by his dad into power. Owner weasel unlike the legacy of his family which was class. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Clark Hunt is following the first rule of being absurdly wealthy - never spend a dollar of your own money. 

I feel like between the gambling, foreign (government) investors like the Saudis/Chinese, and crews like BlackRock and Bain Capital that Hunt wants to bring into the league, the NFL is missing just one horseman from the destruction of its product.

• Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Owners are the worst people ever. I’m sort of glad the era of the single owner is coming to an end. 

Yeah corporate ownership is gonna be so much better 🤮

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Greed. Most self-absorbed billionaires are driven by it. 

Greed isn't exclusive to billionaires.   It's in all of us.  Like individuals buying up season tickets with the sole intent of reselling them for profit driving up prices for true fans to attend games.  

• Agree 6
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lost said:

Greed isn't exclusive to billionaires.   It's in all of us.  Like individuals buying up season tickets with the sole intent of reselling them for profit driving up prices for true fans to attend games.  

The corporate ownership groups have more money 

1 hour ago, Success said:

While I can't stand the Chiefs - I would never wish this on a fanbase.   I hope this doesn't happen.

Why not?  Their fans are a bunch of obnoxious hicks from the middle of nowhere.  They have had their glory.

Didn't Gordon Gecko say that "Greed is good" in the movie Wall street?  LOL   

Why not?  Their fans are a bunch of obnoxious hicks from the middle of nowhere.  They have had their glory.

6 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Congrats on finally getting Internet access in upstate NY.  You'll get better once you figure it out.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

No. He gave them the contact info for Legends. So they can milk their fan base for every cent they have. All doing it under a 3rd party, then the Bills have their BS apologies for how the 3rd party handled everything. Blah blah blah 

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

1 hour ago, Lost said:

All People can be azs holes, this is just another example of that, what stands out is the ones that appear to enjoy being azs holes, especially the ones that are wealthy beyond compare, yet enjoy boning over their fellow citizens for money that those folk don’t have even when they themselves don’t have any actual need for the money they are screwing other people over to get, those are the sort of people that I have zero respect for, which unfortunately for football fans is every owner when it comes down to brass tacks.

2 hours ago, H2o said:

Greed. Most self-absorbed billionaires are driven by it. 

Threatening to leave is just part of the negotiation process.   The fact that the Davis family moves their team whenever they want a new stadium forces cities to take the threat seriously.  

35 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Disgraceful.  The Chiefs are an Original.  Leave them alone.  Greed knows no bounds 

Originally in Dallas.  

Franchise Granted on August 14, 1959 as the Dallas Texans and Charter Member of AFL.

image.png.ef3d5149ed13480857db873fe28f6638.png

In fact Hunt was a Texan which makes moving team back to Texas appropriate. Too bad the teams name Texans has been taken by another team.

• Like (+1) 1