Bills have private workout scheduled with WR Troy Franklin

22 hours ago, Gugny said:

The combine is a colossal waste of time and an unnecessary injury risk, IMO. 

I know, these guys could really hurt themselves running 40 yards or jumping high in the air in a climate-controlled environment.

Aye carumba

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

There is one great excuse/reason.  If a player they have rated much higher than the highest rated WR falls to them, it’s a valid excuse, especially if that player is a pass rusher.  There’s a chance that 5,6,7 WRs are off the board when we pick.  If Thomas goes in the teens and Mitchell shortly after, teams could be more apt to trade up ahead of us because everyone knows we’re targeting WR.  

If we select Keon Coleman over Latu, I’d have to question whether or not Beane has a clue.  If we took Legette or Franklin over Latu, I wouldn’t be furious but I’d think that they bypassed the better player at another position of need.  

The excuse/reason is really only valid if players we had rated very high, fall further than expected.  Lots can depend on how the draft falls. 

If the best player remaining on his board isn't a WR, Beane should trade down. Even Latu. I doubt he'll still be there but if he is, some team will want to jump up to get him. Trade back and then select a WR.

NO excuse. Enough is enough. They have to make a serious investment at the position. We have one WR on the roster capable of playing outside full time and nobody with future #1 upside when Diggs inevitably leaves next year.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

If the best player remaining on his board isn't a WR, Beane should trade down. Even Latu. I doubt he'll still be there but if he is, some team will want to jump up to get him. Trade back and then select a WR.

NO excuse. Enough is enough. They have to make a serious investment at the position. We have one WR on the roster capable of playing outside full time and nobody with future #1 upside when Diggs inevitably leaves next year.

I don’t think passing on a possibly elite talent at a premier position (which happens to be a huge need) so we can draft a 2nd rd talent WR is wise.  

We likely won’t have to worry about this though.  Latu should be gone.  But that’s the exception imo.  

On 3/18/2024 at 4:04 PM, Solomon Grundy said:

Anquan Boldin, George Pickens dropped in the draft because of the "can't separate" crap. Coleman makes plays!! He "Moss" DBs. He returns punts. Played at Mich. St, cold climate. Think Drake London who went top 10 in the draft last year. Or Courtland Sutton. I'm good with Keon. 

So what has Drake London done? We need Wrs that make Josh better not the other way around 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

A lot of the newer mock drafts have WRs being pushed down with teams snatching up corners, OL and DL guys and overdrafting QBs. That could be a good sign. 

I agree with you. I wasn't there last year, but I am there now. Just keep adding offensive weapons, specifically WR. 

• Like (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I agree with you. I wasn't there last year, but I am there now. Just keep adding offensive weapons, specifically WR. 

Same. I am all about BPA most years. This year with the strength of the class they have to do whatever it takes to make sure BPA is a WR.

• Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

A lot of the newer mock drafts have WRs being pushed down with teams snatching up corners, OL and DL guys and overdrafting QBs. That could be a good sign. 

There was a lot of hype around the receipt class and it looks very good, but it may have been over-hyped a bit.  

• Agree 1

45 minutes ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

So what has Drake London done?

For real? In his first two seasons he's racked up nearly 1,800 receiving yards with absolute garbage throwing him the ball. In our offense that's a 1,000+ yard WR.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

On 3/18/2024 at 9:32 AM, Chicken Boo said:

That's not accurate.  Watch this in its entirety and tell me which route you don't see.

His legs look like tooth picks! Route running looks good though.

I don't know if the Bills would be thinking about Franklin at pick 28. Most pundits and scouts don't have him as a first round player more of a mid-second round talent. But if the Bills are looking to trade down from 28 and they pick in the late 30's early 40's or if Franklin slips down a bit in round 2 they could be looking at a trade up from pick 60. 

I like Franklin as a prospect, he can add some nice boundary WR play and long term develop into a quality WR. If the Bills can pick up a 3rd round pick (plus a mid-rounder in 2025) and trade down to the 36-42 range and get him that would really be good. 

• Like (+1) 1

Even though we have 11 picks already, I don’t hate a trade down into the early/mid 2nd. Thats the territory for the worthy’s, Legette, McConkeys and Franklin’s. Not sure why a team would be trading up to 28? Maybe a qb the that 5th year option. With 12+ total picks, that would also give us ammunition to trade up in the 2nd and 3rd to grab players.

say something like this, with trades 

38 legette

55 sweat (that big DT)

70 a safety like kitchen

Edited by Turbo44
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

It's the ankle socks.   Chad Johnson, Marvin Harrison, Issac Bruce, etc. were all slim/lean guys.

That definitely adds to it. But those early season highlights really stood out, as it looked like he was wearing this oversized helmet vs those super skinny legs.

Also looks like he gained weight over the season. Maybe it's in my head, but by the end of the video he looked like he filled out quite a bit.