Bills Host DT Sebastian Joseph-Day on Visit

11 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If Diggs gets injured who are you putting outside full time?

The guy taken in round 2. If 33 year old Jones gets hurt again who’s playing? Literally no one right now. Eli Ankou who they’ve cut 7 times already ? 

The value at DT drops much quicker than at WR 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The guy taken in round 2. If 33 year old Jones gets hurt again who’s playing? Literally no one right now. Eli Ankou who they’ve cut 7 times already ? 

The value at DT drops much quicker than at WR 

This is going to sound snarky but I don't mean it to be:

I would rather have more talent and redundancy at offense than on our D-Line. Full stop. 

Having a stout, hard nosed, defense that's full of depth is a luxury in the modern NFL. An effective offense is a requirement.  

2 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I would rather have more talent and redundancy at offense than on our D-Line. Full stop. 

Having a stout, hard nosed, defense that's full of depth is a luxury in the modern NFL. An effective offense is a requirement.  

I’m not sensitive. It’s not stockpiling talent on defense. They literally have no one NFL quality behind their starters at DT 

People have made the case for DE before DT to me as well but at least we have 4 DEs on the roster with NFL game experience in Groot, Epenesa, Miller, and Kingsley 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

This is why I keep saying DT is a huge need. Yes we have the starters but there is nothing behind them. The value at 28 seems to be trending towards matching with the Bills as well. Very possible one of Murphy and Newton are there or a trade down to take someone like Fiske. 

I know everyone loves the WR first round train but it’s not a necessity anymore with the Samuel signing. We can get one at the end of round 2 

You pick your depth in rounds 3-5. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

You pick your depth in rounds 3-5. 

We don’t have a 3rd as it sits right now and again the DT class isn’t good you wait till round 5 your not getting a guy who can contribute in round 1. 

I can have Diggs, Samuel, Kincaid, Knox, Shakir as my main pass catchers get a guy like Javon Baker at 60 and still get my Diggs replacement. Then I can take another guy in round 4 to play X

I can get Newton in round 1

Baker in round 2 

A safety in 4 and another WR who can play X with the other 4th and get all quality players  there

35 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

The guy taken in round 2.

The WR board will be dried up by #60. Look at any recent draft. There is always a big run on WRs from #33 to #50 or so. In this draft that will be even more true than usual. Either we take a WR in the 1st round or we're once again locked out of the options with legit #1 upside. We can take an EDGE or a DT any year. Taking a 1st round caliber WR at the bottom of the 1st round is not always an option. We have to take that opportunity when it's there. Some fans are just trying to talk themselves into something else in case Beane doesn't make the easy amd obvious choice. I'm holding steadfast. WR or bust.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

The 2023 Kansas City Chiefs disagree with you. 

4 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The 2023 Kansas City Chiefs disagree with you. 

KC has Chris Jones.  That's it.  That's the difference.  

We can have all the rotational depth & talent we want, until/unless we find a Chris Jones, it doesn't matter... or I'll rephrase and say McDermott hasn't shown that is matters... when it really matters. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

We can have all the rotational depth & talent we want, until/unless we find a Chris Jones, it doesn't matter. 

Ugh no they don’t they have George Karlaftis who had 10.5 sacks last year in his 2nd season. 

Just now, SCBills said:

We can have all the rotational depth & talent we want, until/unless we find a Chris Jones, it doesn't matter. 

Jones, Sneed, Bolton, Karlaftis and McDuffie could probably start on any NFL team. Jones is elite yes but the rest to me are above average. 

3 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Ugh no they don’t they have George Karlaftis who had 10.5 sacks last year in his 2nd season. 

Because of Chris Jones.

What do you think Rousseau or Epenesa would do if we had him?

Edited by SCBills

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The WR board will be dried up by #60. Look at any recent draft. There is always a big run on WRs from #33 to #50 or so. In this draft that will be even more true than usual. Either we take a WR in the 1st round or we're once again locked out of the options with legit #1 upside. We can take an EDGE or a DT any year. Taking a 1st round caliber WR at the bottom of the 1st round is not always an option. We have to take that opportunity when it's there. Some fans are just trying to talk themselves into something else in case Beane doesn't make the easy amd obvious choice. I'm holding steadfast. WR or bust.

Im not talking myself into anything. I follow the draft and watch film just as much if not more than you do. I was in the WR train but they put our very little FA dollars into a WR making it highly likely they go in another direction in round 1. If they take a WR in round 1 that’s fine but to me the tea leaves would indicate they’re going to wait a round. 

This combined with the fact that the top 2 DTs are going to go around where the Bills pick makes me think it’s a strong possibility looking at our depth chart. If people can’t see that as a strong possibility and just tell me WR or bust than there is no point in this conversation 

Just now, SCBills said:

Because of Chris Jones.

What do you think Rousseau or Epenesa would do if we had him?

Be the same players they are now. If that’s the case then why hasn’t the Titans DEs had a lot of success with Jeffrey Simmons who is the most comparable guy to Jones? Guys still have to have to be talent to win 1 on 1 even with a high end DT getting doubled 

8 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I was in the WR train but they put our very little FA dollars into a WR making it highly likely they go in another direction in round 1. If they take a WR in round 1 that’s fine but to me the tea leaves would indicate they’re going to wait a round. 

Curtis Samuel is not the caliber of WR that blocks a 1st round pick. Come on. He has a $4M cap hit this year. $9M next year. That is low mid-tier WR money. He is an addition, not a final answer.

1,000 yard WRs don't grow on trees. Half of the 27 1,000 yard WRs last year were drafted in the 1st round, and another 4 were traded for 1st round picks by their original team. That's the investment you have to make to come away with a difference maker WR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Curtis Samuel is not the caliber of WR that blocks a 1st round pick. Come on. He has a $4M cap hit this year. $9M next year. That is low mid-tier WR money. He is an addition, not a final answer.

1,000 yard WRs don't grow on trees. Half of the 27 1,000 yard WRs last year were drafted in the 1st round, and another 4 were traded for 1st round picks by their original team. That's the investment you have to make to come away with a difference maker WR.

I didn’t say Samuel was but they put an investment in the position that they could have put into DT/DE or S and they didn’t unless you include the re-signings. 

WR play is also highly contingent on QB play. If you have a crap QB you’re probably not sniffing 1,000 yards unless you’re a long established # 1 guy who gets fed the ball. I would venture to guess out of the 27 guys you speak of the vast majority of them either have a an average to Superstar QB or were the only real weapon on their team and had to get the ball quite a bit 

28 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

DaQuan Jones took to twitter saying Austin Johnson would look great in a Bills uniform

They worked together in Tennessee, I like that he's played the nose before and has good size. Put me down for a yes, please.