See ya later, Alligator!

Beck Water

yikes I thought aww heck naww .....this cannot be  a swan song  "I'm leaving chat"  type thread.

But it was my first thought.

as far as the link goes  How'd you like knowing THAT was next door. yikes again

5 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Pet an alligator?? Who wants to do that? Alligator was probably in his pool thinking "you sons-a-beetches, I'd eat you if I could see you."

You think petting an alligator is crazy. Check this out.

• Shocked 1

15 minutes ago, Gregg said:

You think petting an alligator is crazy. Check this out.

Holy smokes. Of course, he's only showing you the playful side of Emma. In the background, she's like, "waiit here, I see a little kid splashing on the beach. I'm gonna grab a snack."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Fleezoid said:

Holy smokes. Of course, he's only showing you the playful side of Emma. In the background, she's like, "waiit here, I see a little kid splashing on the beach. I'm gonna grab a snack."

That guy is brave and crazy. Tiger sharks I believe are the 2nd most dangerous shark behind only the great white. I know the big 3 are white, tiger, and bull.

On 3/15/2024 at 9:47 AM, Fleezoid said:

Pet an alligator?? Who wants to do that? Alligator was probably in his pool thinking "you sons-a-beetches, I'd eat you if I could see you."

When we lived in Hilton Head gators were everywhere. Every once in a while someone would go out in the morning to their pool, only to find they were not alone.   😱

In Florida one of our son’s crazy redneck friends kept a little one as a pet briefly. He brought it to the house to visit. Of course, his family worked for the carnival so maybe it didn’t seem as odd to them. Yes, I am serious. 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:14 AM, Gregg said:

That guy is brave and crazy. Tiger sharks I believe are the 2nd most dangerous shark behind only the great white. I know the big 3 are white, tiger, and bull.

AND bull sharks can tolerate fresh water. They've been spotted as far north as St.Louis on the Mississippi. 

@BringBackFergy There you go... You are complaining about Asian carp... Problem solved. God bless the USACE locks & dams.😉😜

https://www.realclearscience.com/2021/07/16/two_bull_sharks_swam_all_the_way_to_st_louis_785799.html#!

"...No sightings are documented before the turn of the 20th century, but Shell and Gardner found two confirmed bull shark catches in the historical record: One in 1937, in Alton, Illinois, and another just outside of St. Louis in 1995. The 1937 shark was an 84-pounder and about 5 feet long, according to contemporary reporting by the Alton Evening Telegraph, which said the fish got stuck in a fisherman’s seine. The 1995 specimen was retrieved from the screen of a power plant intake canal, according to a 2004 report on the waterway’s ecology; the same report ascribed both the 1937 and 1995 events to waif, or accidental, one-off wandering fish.  ..."

Then there's this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shark-attacks-landlocked-states-kentucky-missouri-new-mexico/

Enjoy!😏 

On 3/15/2024 at 9:54 AM, Punching Bag said:

Alligators are like Pit Bulls - cannot be fully domesticated even if raised from a baby but can enjoy human attention.

I can’t speak on Pits but alligators are like that because they got all them teeth and ain’t got no toothbrush.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I can’t speak on Pits but alligators are like that because they got all them teeth and ain’t got no toothbrush.

Medulla Oblongata.  

17 hours ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

AND bull sharks can tolerate fresh water. They've been spotted as far north as St.Louis on the Mississippi. 

@BringBackFergy There you go... You are complaining about Asian carp... Problem solved. God bless the USACE locks & dams.😉😜

https://www.realclearscience.com/2021/07/16/two_bull_sharks_swam_all_the_way_to_st_louis_785799.html#!

"...No sightings are documented before the turn of the 20th century, but Shell and Gardner found two confirmed bull shark catches in the historical record: One in 1937, in Alton, Illinois, and another just outside of St. Louis in 1995. The 1937 shark was an 84-pounder and about 5 feet long, according to contemporary reporting by the Alton Evening Telegraph, which said the fish got stuck in a fisherman’s seine. The 1995 specimen was retrieved from the screen of a power plant intake canal, according to a 2004 report on the waterway’s ecology; the same report ascribed both the 1937 and 1995 events to waif, or accidental, one-off wandering fish.  ..."

Then there's this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shark-attacks-landlocked-states-kentucky-missouri-new-mexico/

Enjoy!😏 

Missouri, Illionois, Kentucky, and New Mexico are far too pink for being in the middle of a continent.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I know we like to make fun of toothless redneck stereotypes, but did you know the toothbrush was actually invented in West Virginia?

If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called the teethbrush.

• Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

I know we like to make fun of toothless redneck stereotypes, but did you know the toothbrush was actually invented in West Virginia?

If it had been invented anywhere else it would have been called the teethbrush.

Canada = gumbrush???????

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Missouri, Illionois, Kentucky, and New Mexico are far too pink for being in the middle of a continent.

I wonder how New Mexico got one attack!

"Feeding time at the city aquarium", that's how! I figured as much. The Rio Grande gets a little shallow by the time it reaches New Meh-he-co... 😏

https://sourcenm.com/2021/10/15/new-mexicos-shark-attack/

"...But an attack could and did happen in the controlled environment at the city’s aquarium on March 12, 2005.

Diver Ken Pitts was wrapping up a feeding with the sand tiger sharks, and he was taking off his aquatic suit. 

“So now he’s not paying as much attention to what’s beneath him,” Lang described. 

One of the animals bumped into him causing two quarter-inch puncture wounds five inches above his wrist on the forearm. Pitts’ wounds were minor, requiring six stitches, and he was back diving in the tank shortly after the incident.

That’s why New Mexico doesn’t show up on the map with a clean record for shark attacks. ..."