Reverse FA guessing game

Just now, BillsFanForever19 said:

Buffalo

Before the unexpected Von gift, I figured it was only going to be one of Daquan Jones or AJ Epenesa and that it would be Jones. But I suspect the Von move was done to ensure they're able to bring back both.

I think Bills may look to get a few years younger and upgrade from DQ as much as I enjoyed his time here

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I think Bills may look to get a few years younger and upgrade from DQ as much as I enjoyed his time here

Possible. Though with how Beane & McDermott value players who have experience in his scheme above all else, his performance here when healthy, and the cost of him vs. an upgrade - I'd be a little surprised.

Spotrac isn't always accurate on their estimates. And if you're hoping for DJ Reader, you need to hope they're *VERY* wrong. They estimate market value of Reader at 14.9m aav vs. Jones at 6.8m aav. And if that's accurate, I don't see them paying more than double for Reader.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Possible. Though with how Beane & McDermott value players who have experience in his scheme above all else, his performance here when healthy, and the cost of him vs. an upgrade - I'd be a little surprised.

Spotrac isn't always accurate on their estimates. And if you're hoping for DJ Reader, you need to hope they're *VERY* wrong. They estimate market value of Reader at 14.9m aav vs. Jones at 6.8m aav. And if that's accurate, I don't see them paying more than double for Reader.

Reader might be worth it to Beane.  He caused havoc against us in 2 playoff games. We showed interest in 2020 and Beane has a habit of tracking players he covets until acquiring.  Reader is 29 and DQ is 32. We could do a 3 or 4 year deal + some void years and backload the contract. KC gets Chris Jones at a 7 mil cap hit this season.  We should be able to get Reader for 5 this year if we so desired

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Reader might be worth it to Beane.  He caused havoc against us in 2 playoff games. We showed interest in 2020 and Beane has a habit of tracking players he covets until acquiring.  Reader is 29 and DQ is 32. We could do a 3 or 4 year deal + some void years and backload the contract. KC gets Chris Jones at a 7 mil cap hit this season.  We should be able to get Reader for 5 this year if we so desired

Sure, for this year. But that number's going to go up. As we saw this year, the bill always comes due. The Chiefs got Jones for 7 this year - but it's 34.85 next year and 41.1 in 26. 

I'm not saying it's impossible. Just to say you're always looking at the price for this year and if you listen to Beane, he's always cautioning that he doesn't like to put too much on the Credit Card. This is why 75% of his contracts are 1 year deals.

• Dislike 1