How many of players let go offered to take salary cuts to stay?

I have looked usual places and hearing next to nothing on players wanting to remain either offering to take salary cuts or rejecting them offered by Bills. None from spouses too.

No one is acting like this was a surprise but no leaks too.

Only Von Miller is known coming back with a cut.

I have heard nothing from any of the agents I communicate with.

I was hoping for one of Sal's charts which showing which players are gone and impact on offense, defense and special teams.

This was a large cut by Bills and they could have done it another way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Kwai San said:

I was seriously wondering if Mitch was let go so they could bring him back for 1 more year......Same for Po.

I think Po will get an offer in June if he does not get one.  He loves playing football too much to quit yet.

• Agree 1

20 hours ago, Punching Bag said:

I have looked usual places and hearing next to nothing on players wanting to remain either offering to take salary cuts or rejecting them offered by Bills. None from spouses too.

I was hoping for one of Sal's charts which showing which players are gone and impact on offense, defense and special teams.

Please explain. We're still 12 mill or so over the cap.

We cut: 

-Poyer who was significantly worse last year than just the year prior

-Tre White - 4th best CB on the team

-Mitch Morse- has had so many concussions. He was good but not needed

Neal- Special teams guy... really regressed.

There was no other way to do it. Bills fans have this thing where they hold on to players that they LIKE so they think are GOOD. The two are not mutually exclusive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

Interesting. Sounds like Rachel isn’t the only potential problem who has his ear. 

Given that was almost a week ago, I’m guessing there’s no further development in this suggestive response from his brother?

1 minute ago, BBFL said:

Interesting. Sounds like Rachel isn’t the only potential problem who has his ear. 

Given that was almost a week ago, I’m guessing there’s no further development in this suggestive response from his brother?

i hope not lol initially he called beane an idiot 😂

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

i hope not lol initially he called beane an idiot 😂

There is always that crazy sibling in the family.  Ladies and Genitals we present to you Jeremiah was a P-Whipped Biatch.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/10/2024 at 7:46 PM, Punching Bag said:

"Knox and the Bills have agreed to a restructured contract that lowers his scheduled $14.4 million cap hit for 2024, Jeremy Fowler of ESPN.com reports."

We don't know yet what the restructured contract really means.  Knox did have a roster bonus due, so the restructure could just involve taking his roster bonus and dividing it among the 3 remaining years of his contract.

Or, it could involve a bit of a salary give-back.

Don't know yet.

3 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

Them Grapes, man.

Them Grapes!

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

On 3/10/2024 at 8:46 PM, Punching Bag said:

I doubt you'll hear much about the ones who were asked to take a cut, but rejected it.

5 hours ago, Kwai San said:

I was seriously wondering if Mitch was let go so they could bring him back for 1 more year......Same for Po.

I don’t think so.  That happens around training camp but not usually in March due to the dead cap.  Morse for example…he cost the Bills around $8M in 2023.

If the Bills were to re-sign him after releasing him it would still carry a $3M dead cap.  So if he signed a one year contract for, say $6M, he’s actually more expensive in 2024.

Someone made a good point online while arguing that the “cap isn’t real.”  They said moving on from Tre, Poyer, Mitch was more due to their age than it was the salary cap. 

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, JohnNord said:

I don’t think so.  That happens around training camp but not usually in March due to the dead cap.  Morse for example…he cost the Bills around $8M in 2023.

If the Bills were to re-sign him after releasing him it would still carry a $3M dead cap.  So if he signed a one year contract for, say $6M, he’s actually more expensive in 2024.

Someone made a good point online while arguing that the “cap isn’t real.”  They said moving on from Tre, Poyer, Mitch was more due to their age than it was the salary cap. 

OK - this makes a lot of sense re: Morse.  Thanks for that info dude!!

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, JohnNord said:

If you won the super bowl in the last 3 seasons i think you could make more of an argument to keep the band together. 

Tre needed to be released because the contract didn't match the contributions, and he probably couldnt pass a physical.  You have no idea what you're going to get from him.

Poyer needed to be released because honestly - he's 33, he has a bum elbow, and he just wasn't as quick or dynamic anymore.   They used him a bunch as a linebacker simply for coverage chops over dodson, and i think they liked rapp enough doing his thing in the same spot.  Faster, bigger hitterAlso with the free agency group there's just too many good players for so many jobs.  

Morse was a tougher call, especially after moving bates - but honestly i thought they might have moved on from him last season so it didn't shock me.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Kwai San said:

What's up w Hyde? I know he's a FA but he'd likely be affordable and can groom a rookie S