I think I have to bail on all offseason NFL media coverage

Any time I see anything about the Bills or Josh Allen almost immediately the Chiefs and Mahomes are brought into the conversation. 

I just want my Bills news, I don’t want to continually be reminded of Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs and their Superbowls and how the Bills always lose to them and blah blah blah……

It is so aggravating that not only do they win but whenever my team is spoken about I need to hear all the superlatives about the crown prince and his team. 

I will be using this board to curate my NFL news this offseason, thank you to all the contributors that wade through the mud of the NFL offseason. 

I can’t wait until the Bills and JA win one and finally get all these people to STFU. 

(carve out for Rich Eisen, he always has Buffalo’s back)

• Like (+1) 9
  • Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, The 9 Isles said:

Any time I see anything about the Bills or Josh Allen almost immediately the Chiefs and Mahomes are brought into the conversation. 

I just want my Bills news, I don’t want to continually be reminded of Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs and their Superbowls and how the Bills always lose to them and blah blah blah……

It is so aggravating that not only do they win but whenever my team is spoken about I need to hear all the superlatives about the crown prince and his team. 

I will be using this board to curate my NFL news this offseason, thank you to all the contributors that wade through the mud of the NFL offseason. 

I can’t wait until the Bills and JA win one and finally get all these people to STFU. 

Agree. As bad as the repeated Bills have not been in playoffs in XX years like it was news - audience already knows!

• Eyeroll 1

I hear ya, but have to admit that any move we make.. my sole focus is “how does this set us up against KC?”

No matter what the other AFCE teams do, we’ve been able to win the East.

We have two other main contenders in Baltimore and Cincinnati.  One we typically beat, the other we struggle against. 

But nothing else matters until we can get out of the AFC.. and for Buffalo, Cinci, Baltimore.. every move is made with an eye on the Chiefs. 

It is what it is. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I hate to wear the tinfoil hat, but I have to wonder if the NFL doesn't want the Bills winning one.

They had Brady for years and protected him every chance they get.  Mahomes is the new poster boy and no holding calls seem to get called on them in the playoffs.  Certainly not inan AFCCG or Superbowl 

3 hours ago, SCBills said:

I hear ya, but have to admit that any move we make.. my sole focus is “how does this set us up against KC?”

We have two other main contenders in Baltimore and Cincinnati.  One we typically beat, the other we struggle against. 

But nothing else matters until we can get out of the AFC.. and for Buffalo, Cinci, Baltimore.. every move is made with an eye on the Chiefs. 

It is what it is. 

The issue is not trying to build a team to beat the Chiefs.   We need to build a team the Chiefs have to beat. 

Edited by SoonerBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I would have no problem with the constant reminders of Bills playoff failures if they reported the reasoning truthfully, but they do not.

It feels like the Bills are the only team fuc*ing things up every season if you listen to the media, the rest of the teams who either don’t make the playoffs, don’t win their division or lose in the playoffs are just given a free reset by the media and treated as though their failures didn’t happen or don’t matter.

If you didn’t actually watch the league and just watched the media coverage, you’d come away thinking the Bills are a mediocre loser franchise. I’m guessing the media outlets and pundits are aware the mafia engagement rises with negativity and the rest of the leagues fan bases love to hear how this dominant franchise with it’s elite QB haven’t won anything and most likely won’t in the future, it’s a win win for the media.

16 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

There's just no quality mass-market coverage of the NFL in the off-season, because there's really no large market for quality.  All of the national media outlets can get away with all the generalities, platitudes, same old stuff.   Audiences for some reason tune in for that stuff, and they really don't want to hear the in-depth stuff, which is just too detailed. 

Take the Bills, for example.  Since Beane went to work a few days ago, there's a lot to say about the Bills, but only people like us want to hear it.  It's detailed, complicated, and not easy to explain in a sound bite.   The general tv market isn't interested in a one-time half hour show about what's going on with the Bills salary cap.  All that market wants to know about the Bills is Josh Allen, salary cap hell, the window, and maybe something about a wide receiver.  And, as interested as I am in the Bills, I'm certainly not interested in 31 half-hour shows about the other teams.  

The result is that there's nothing out there to look at, other than the people who are dedicated to covering the Bills.  Chris Brown, Eric Wood, Steve Tasker, Cover One, a half-dozen journalists, either print, online, or podcasts.  Other than those folks, we know more here than the national media.  

• Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

It is what it is. 

At least the Chiefs will finally be challenged in the AFCW with Harbaugh's Chargers. For a while now the Chiefs have run that the division the same way the Pats did the AFCE for a long time. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

I Know What You Mean Wes Bentley GIF by Yellowstone

• Eyeroll 1

45 minutes ago, The 9 Isles said:

They're winning multiple

22 minutes ago, julian said:

I would have no problem with the constant reminders of Bills playoff failures if they reported the reasoning truthfully, but they do not.

It feels like the Bills are the only team fuc*ing things up every season if you listen to the media, the rest of the teams who either don’t make the playoffs, don’t win their division or lose in the playoffs are just given a free reset by the media and treated as though their failures didn’t happen or don’t matter.

If you didn’t actually watch the league and just watched the media coverage, you’d come away thinking the Bills are a mediocre loser franchise. I’m guessing the media outlets and pundits are aware the mafia engagement rises with negativity and the rest of the leagues fan bases love to hear how this dominant franchise with it’s elite QB haven’t won anything and most likely won’t in the future, it’s a win win for the media.

I think that is much more true here than in the media. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Cobra Kai GIF by NETFLIX

If I remember correctly, he got hurt moving to his right. The Bills never touched him on that play. He started to decline his last year with GB so if he continues to decline and hurt the Jets then I am all for it.

• Agree 1

I hate listening to the media explain what the Bills need to do to beat KC........they know there's like 30 other teams in the league, right? I really don't care what we need to do to beat KC. I really only care about what we need to do to beat everybody and hoist that Lombardi at the end of the season.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, The 9 Isles said:

Hopefully Josh Allen feels like you do and wants to “STFU” them all too.

1 hour ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

The issue is not trying to build a team to beat the Chiefs.   We need to build a team the Chiefs have to beat.

Well since KC has beaten every team that the Bills have trotted out there in the playoffs I’d say the issue really is trying to build a team to beat the Chiefs. 

• Agree 1