NFL Player Team Reports Cards -- Bills players give Sean McDermott an "A", Pegula an "A-"

Logic

5 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

I don't think this is correct.  BUF's longest runway is 8800 feet and IAG (Niagara International) has a 9,800 foot runway.  Either of these could accommodate something like a 787.  In fact, they flew one an A350 (Airbus' composite widebody) to London from BUF.

Not to mention other team's charters have to land in Buffalo, and they typically fly widebodies.  I suspect the travel rating is low because the team forces rookies and other players with less tenure to share hotel rooms.

WhatsAppImage2023-10-05at22_42.13_0ef77244.thumb.jpg.905a73e46d0c76ef9abf118ceb988e50.jpg

I didn't know that but that would be why. These things are like student evaluations of college classes/professors. Sometimes they have legitimate complaints, but most of the time they are complaining because the class was challenging and/or they don't expect a good grade. 

• Agree 2

48 minutes ago, Lost said:

Classic bit from Lewis Black.  Nice post!

1 hour ago, BisonMan said:

One of the travel issues may be traced back to BIA. The runway is not rated for larger commercial aircraft from both length and aircraft weight requirements. This limits the team to smaller, less comfortable jets for travel. From experience traveling more than 100,000 miles per year, I’d much rather sit in a 757/767 than a 737 (even if the doors stay on) and I’m only 5’9”.

BIA? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SirAndrew said:

I’m happy we have good grades, but the whole thing seems weird to me. I don’t understand how making this stuff public benefits anyone. 

It forces owners not to be cheap.  Lol.

3 hours ago, beebe said:

Hunt family promised them improved locker rooms. Then they won the Super Bowl and of all the promises made, none of them were kept except for getting the players chairs to sit on instead of stools. 

Well, I guess what that really means is that Hunt rhymes with………..

Edited by ControllerOfPlanetX

4 hours ago, Logic said:

Also of interest to me: The Chiefs players giving their team owner an F-.

F- !!!

Did the Hunt family personally slap the players' wives? Like...F- is BAD, man.

Agree the Chiefs ratings are interesting for a team that keeps winning Super Bowls especially... 

Head Coach A+

Ownership F-

Plus a lot of low ratings. Basically, they love Andy Reid but hate the rest of it

3 hours ago, Dick_Cheney said:

The airplane and food ratings are pretty concerning.

It's probably not a good thing for the team to deal with an extremely uncomfortable flight out for away games. This isn't Spirit Airlines. Every single % point for performance matters here. Do better.

Airplane is probably directly related to lack of direct flights from Buffalo.  This results in longer flights and layovers players do not like.  Type of planes serving Buffalo too.   Buffalo Airport is much easier to access than many others but may not have the high end shops some players want.

Having to fly to England this year did not help.

And Bills should stop charging players for peanuts. :D

41 minutes ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

Well, I guess what that really means is that Hunt rhymes with………..

Bunt.  Avoiding three strikes you are out.

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

It forces owners not to be cheap.  Lol.

or kickbacks to vote collectors.

I don’t know for sure, but the team travel grade is probably a reflection of the NFL’s London experiment. They went over there a few days before the game and were expected to play a team that had been there over 10 days. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Punching Bag said:

Airplane is probably directly related to lack of direct flights from Buffalo.  This results in longer flights and layovers players do not like.  Type of planes serving Buffalo too.   Buffalo Airport is much easier to access than many others but may not have the high end shops some players want.

They fly on chartered planes---they aren't running through O'Hare to make connections, nor perusing the duty free shops for cartons of smokes and bottles of Johnny Black.....

Their beef is that players are in economy and staff is in business/1st class.  it was just on the radio.

4 hours ago, BisonMan said:

One of the travel issues may be traced back to BIA. The runway is not rated for larger commercial aircraft from both length and aircraft weight requirements. This limits the team to smaller, less comfortable jets for travel. From experience traveling more than 100,000 miles per year, I’d much rather sit in a 757/767 than a 737 (even if the doors stay on) and I’m only 5’9”.

Bills have charted 767s out of Buffalo.  Teams have flown in on 787s, 330s, etc.

6 hours ago, Logic said:

Also of interest: The Chiefs players give their training room a D and their training staff an F. Interesting...

They clearly do not need training other than that some of the time they will be penalized for lining up on wrong side of the line of scrimage.

1 hour ago, Saint Doug said:

I don’t know for sure, but the team travel grade is probably a reflection of the NFL’s London experiment. They went over there a few days before the game and were expected to play a team that had been there over 10 days. 

Interesting that Good(forNothing)ell is not being rated.

This is so embarrassing for these teams...

Two financial nuggets that stood out, given that they are tied to billion-dollar franchises: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who finished 24th overall, charged non-starting players with less than four years of experience a fee of $1,750 if they wanted to opt out of having a roommate in their hotel room prior to games. And the Chargers offered a discount on gameday daycare services: $75 for the first child and $50 for each additional child.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

This is so embarrassing for these teams...

Two financial nuggets that stood out, given that they are tied to billion-dollar franchises: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers, who finished 24th overall, charged non-starting players with less than four years of experience a fee of $1,750 if they wanted to opt out of having a roommate in their hotel room prior to games. And the Chargers offered a discount on gameday daycare services: $75 for the first child and $50 for each additional child.

I don't know which is more appalling to see

The roommate one just seems cheap and lazy

The child care one is a slap in the face, the cost for daycare/child care is insane these days but the amount of money the chargers collect on a game to game basis is laughable. (Unless I'm underestimating the amount of children getting care on game days)