Mecole Hardman Whistleblower on KC Tampering!

1 hour ago, RangerDave said:

He could have gone out there and made a fair catch, no?  Instead he acted like a petulant child. 

In the podcast he says that in prior practices, he had dropped six punts in a row because his pinkie was hyperextended. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, beebe said:

In the podcast he says that in prior practices, he had dropped six punts in a row because his pinkie was hyperextended. 

Thanks for letting me know.  I did not know that.  I wonder why the coaching staff would still want him out there catching punts if that were true?

5 minutes ago, RangerDave said:

Thanks for letting me know.  I did not know that.  I wonder why the coaching staff would still want him out there catching punts if that were true?

He wondered the same LOL

I will never begrudge an NFL HC or GM for earning the big bucks.   Assembling 80 +/- of these personalities and backgrounds and distilling them down to a cohesive 53 that plays at the world’s highest level as one team ….   man, that’s some Big Voodoo right there.

My job is part HC, part GM for high level team in sales and service.   It’s brutal, in my mind.   I manage half that number of people with significantly less diverse backgrounds and at a level that while high, isn’t NFL stand alone top of the world class.

In short, hats off to the people who create common ground among such uncommon people.

9 hours ago, RangerDave said:

He could have gone out there and made a fair catch, no?  Instead he acted like a petulant child. 

And putting film out there of him sandbagging it and making an awful decision? 

Say someone works on high tension electrical wires. They have a supervisor who is responsible for the safety of the worker in terms of ensuring the proper systems and protocols are in place and followed to make that very dangerous job as safe as possible.

Now let's say that supervisor has time and time again made it obvious to the technician they cannot be trusted to do that...if the technician refuses to go up, are they being a petulant child?

1 hour ago, HardyBoy said:

And putting film out there of him sandbagging it and making an awful decision? 

Say someone works on high tension electrical wires. They have a supervisor who is responsible for the safety of the worker in terms of ensuring the proper systems and protocols are in place and followed to make that very dangerous job as safe as possible.

Now let's say that supervisor has time and time again made it obvious to the technician they cannot be trusted to do that...if the technician refuses to go up, are they being a petulant child?

Help me here...am I the apples or am I the oranges?

On 2/27/2024 at 6:45 PM, Warcodered said:

Says a ton about Hardman and the Jets, but I would love for the Chiefs to lose a draft pick because of this stupidity.

Be careful what you wish for.

The last time the Chiefs got punished for tampering in 2016, the NFL made KC forfiet their 3rd round pick right before the 2016 NFL draft.  This single event propelled KC into a dynasty by protecting KC from itself.  KC wanted Paxton Lynch and couldn't beat Denvers offer to trade up from 31 to 26 becasue KC didn't have a 3rd round pick to trade.  If they had it, KC would have been able to offer 28 and 91 for 26 and draft Lynch.  Instead Seattle took Denvers offer of 31 and 94.  KC was missing pick 91.  KC traded back to 36 after it couldn't trade up for Lynch and instead they drafted Chris Jones.  The following season, they were still looking to draft a young future QB and traded up to 10 for Pat Mahomes.  If KC didn't tamper with Jeremy Maclin, none of that happens.  KC takes Lynch, doesn't draft Jones, and only 1 year into Lynch, isn't about to draft another QB in round 1.  

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

The last time the Chiefs got punished for tampering in 2016, the NFL made KC forfiet their 3rd round pick right before the 2016 NFL draft.  This single event propelled KC into a dynasty by protecting KC from itself.  KC wanted Paxton Lynch and couldn't beat Denvers offer to trade up from 31 to 26 becasue KC didn't have a 3rd round pick to trade.  If they had it, KC would have been able to offer 28 and 91 for 26 and draft Lynch.  Instead Seattle took Denvers offer of 31 and 94.  KC was missing pick 91.  KC traded back to 36 after it couldn't trade up for Lynch and instead they drafted Chris Jones.  The following season, they were still looking to draft a young future QB and traded up to 10 for Pat Mahomes.  If KC didn't tamper with Jeremy Maclin, none of that happens.  KC takes Lynch, doesn't draft Jones, and only 1 year into Lynch, isn't about to draft another QB in round 1.  

To quote lawyers, previous success doesn't guarantee future success. While there's a chance KC could getting another franchise player from a loss of a pick due to a tampering charge it's highly unlikely. 

How is KC tampering when Hardman tells the KC GM or Mahomes what he did? Did they force that out of him?

Mahomes wouldn’t be tampering anyway unless he was directed to do so by the organization.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

So you are saying they cheat to protect themselves.  So that is why the Kings (Toney) were offense offside against Bills.  

Now we now why Beli-CHEAT retired (yea he had token interview) because he knew his 4D chess was useless against KC 5D chess!

It also gave them a reason to keep Toney, who is known for screwing up, out of the Superbowl.

4 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

So we'll get a second Josh Allen out of this, I'm cool with that.

37 minutes ago, Beast said:

How is KC tampering when Hardman tells the KC GM or Mahomes what he did? Did they force that out of him?

Mahomes wouldn’t be tampering anyway unless he was directed to do so by the organization.

A GM talking to a player on another team is considering tampering. Now there's nothing in the rules that players can't reach out to other players but some Jets players supposedly felt Hardman was giving competitors info about the Jets playbook which is another error but of course that's on him not his team. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

A GM talking to a player on another team is considering tampering. Now there's nothing in the rules that players can't reach out to other players but some Jets players supposedly felt Hardman was giving competitors info about the Jets playbook which is another error but of course that's on him not his team. 

Wrong.

Players can talk to whoever they wish. Nowhere did I see the KC GM engage Hardman in this discussion. If he did then you have an issue.