Measles is a 'heat-seeking missile' experts warn as Florida outbreak grows

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The American Dream is for anyone who wishes to be an American citizen. Simple. 

You obviously hate this, and therefore you are an enemy of American idealism. Been reading Marx lately?

American idealism implies some competency and/or lack of malice in our government. One or both of those are currently wanting. 

And like I said. You think America is, at best, an economic zone or a proposition, rather than an actual nation. 

1 minute ago, LeviF said:

American idealism implies some competency and/or lack of malice in our government. One or both of those are currently wanting. 

And like I said. You think America is, at best, an economic zone or a proposition, rather than an actual nation. 

Define “actual nation” then, and explain why migrants are incapable with it 

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Roundybout said:

Define “actual nation” then, and explain why migrants are incapable with it 

We can just go with Oxford and now you tell me. What migrants share history, common descent, culture, or language with us?

Just now, LeviF said:

We can just go with Oxford and now you tell me. What migrants share history, common descent, culture, or language with us?

Migrants from Mexico and Latin America share an extraordinary amount of culture with the Southwest US. Derp.

5 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Migrants from Mexico and Latin America share an extraordinary amount of culture with the Southwest US. Derp.

Like what? Pray tell what culture do Venezuelans share with Arizonans?

Mexicans are overwhelmingly catholic (strike one), often mestizo (strike two),    and don’t share a language (strike three). Spicy food is not a culture. 

• Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Like what? Pray tell what culture do Venezuelans share with Arizonans?

Mexicans are overwhelmingly catholic (strike one), often mestizo (strike two),    and don’t share a language (strike three). Spicy food is not a culture. 

What culture do Germans share with Irish? Or Polish with English? 

And yet, here we are. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

What culture do Germans share with Irish? Or Polish with English? 

And yet, here we are. 

I'm not sure how dense you really are. Nobody, I mean nobody on this message board fears immigrants. There is a process, a legal process. Is it broken? Probably, but until that is fixed, no sane person wants tons of unvetted people coming over the border every day. Most are honest and hardworking, but not all. When you increase the overall numbers by a good amount, naturally the number of bad also increases. I want things in life too, sometimes you have to wait.

10 minutes ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

I'm not sure how dense you really are. Nobody, I mean nobody on this message board fears immigrants. There is a process, a legal process. Is it broken? Probably, but until that is fixed, no sane person wants tons of unvetted people coming over the border every day. Most are honest and hardworking, but not all. When you increase the overall numbers by a good amount, naturally the number of bad also increases. I want things in life too, sometimes you have to wait.

They don't care.  They want the Dem votes.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Then give them healthcare to make sure they’re immunized 👍 

Are you willing to pay more taxes to pay for that? How about we take care of our veterans and our homeless people? 

2 hours ago, Westside said:

They’re emptying out their prisons and sending them here. As well as potential terrorists who want to destroy this country more than the democrats.  

Who is “they”

5 hours ago, AlBUNDY4TDS said:

My response there was to the poster alleging that Venezuelan culture was incompatible with ours. But we’ve let in tons of different cultures! This hasn’t mattered before in the slightest! 

2 hours ago, Westside said:

They’re emptying out their prisons and sending them here. As well as potential terrorists who want to destroy this country more than the democrats.  

Yup.  If I were a shithole 3rd world country, I'd send the dregs of society to where there's an open border.  It would explain how these "economic refugees" somehow have the money to go thousands of miles away. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/24/2024 at 7:53 AM, Doc said:

Measles is the new Wuhan virus. 

Do you know for a doctor? You don’t seem to be into your history much

Do you realize how many people have died from measles outbreak over the course of history there is a reason why we do basic vaccinations for our children

Or I wouldn’t care this is going to hurt Republicans a lot more than it. Is anybody else that don’t believe in vaccines but in this case it’s involving children so I care

16 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trump told us it can wait until January 2025.

The bill as presented doesn't do anything to stop people from entering illegally,  does it?  As far as I can tell it increases the number of legal immigrants by 13%, but seems to only speed up the process for illegals one way or the other. 

8 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you know for a doctor? You don’t seem to be into your history much

Do you realize how many people have died from measles outbreak over the course of history there is a reason why we do basic vaccinations for our children

Or I wouldn’t care this is going to hurt Republicans a lot more than it. Is anybody else that don’t believe in vaccines but in this case it’s involving children so I care

What do you do for a living, John?

5 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

The bill as presented doesn't do anything to stop people from entering illegally,  does it?  As far as I can tell it increases the number of legal immigrants by 13%, but seems to only speed up the process for illegals one way or the other. 

What do you do for a living, John?

He’s a janitor at a liberal arts “college”.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:
17 hours ago, BillStime said:

The bill as presented doesn't do anything to stop people from entering illegally,  does it?

Can you explain how you are going to stop someone from illegally entering? lol

Did you happen to grow up near Lake Erie? Lake Ontario?

Do you know how easy it is to get into Cananda or vice versa via our Lakes alone?

I can't even count the number of times I have sailed or boated out of Erie Basin Marina and ended up at the Buffalo Canoe Club without issue.

Or, taking our boat from the Lewiston Boat launch (near the old Riverside) and end up at Niagara on the Lake - without issue.

Good luck man.

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Do you know how easy it is to get into Cananda or vice versa via our Lakes alone?

I can't even count the number of times I have sailed or boated out of Erie Basin Marina and ended up at the Buffalo Canoe Club without issue.

Or, taking our boat from the Lewiston Boat launch (near the old Riverside) and end up at Niagara on the Lake - without issue.

Good luck man.

So your solution is just to give up and just declare wide open borders?

20 hours ago, LeviF said:

Mexicans are overwhelmingly catholic (strike one)

Wow.  please expound on why this characteristic is negative in your eyes.  B man will be especially interested.  hmmm..what hate groups are anti Catholic?

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Good luck man.

or tubing to the Canadian side on the Niagara River effortlessly.  Those were the days...

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Wow.  please expound on why this characteristic is negative in your eyes.  B man will be especially interested.  hmmm..what hate groups are anti Catholic?

Reading is hard, huh?

The post you quote is a rebuttal to the idea that the USA shares a culture with Mexico.

3 hours ago, BillStime said:

Good luck man.

That's hardly comparative to what's happened on our border with Mexico which is an organized and well funded (much of it US taxpayer money) operation of various government agencies, NGOs and other groups collectively organized to move a massive number of people across land, sea, and air to the southern border for a crossing into the United States using the ruse of "asylum" as a pretext for entry. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

cuz there r no Catholics in the US?

The US acquired Catholic territory (New France, New Spain) by conquest and land purchases, then acquired large influxes of Catholics later by Ellis Island and, even later, the southern border. 

53 minutes ago, Tenhigh said:

So your solution is just to give up and just declare wide open borders?

No, see - that's the Trump position - since we don't have to do anything more about this until January 2025 - which even then - won't happen - cuz it didn't happen on Trump's first watch.

10 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

That's hardly comparative to what's happened on our border with Mexico which is an organized and well funded (much of it US taxpayer money) operation of various government agencies,

Thanks for proving my point. You're not going to stop someone who is determined to enter this country illegally.

Good luck

21 hours ago, LeviF said:

Mexicans are overwhelmingly catholic (strike one), often mestizo (strike two),    and don’t share a language (strike three).

maybe it's your writing.  What did you mean by this?  Strike one implies a negative connotation, right?  or did you mean that there aren't many Catholics in the US sharing Mexicans beliefs?  You're right, I'm confused by your statement.  But I have some ideas....

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

2 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

maybe it's your writing.  What did you mean by this?  Strike one implies a negative connotation, right?  or did you mean that there aren't many Catholics in the US sharing Mexicans beliefs?  You're right, I'm confused by your statement.  But I have some ideas....

As I already said, the post was a rebuttal to the statement that Mexico and the USA share a culture. Those characteristics are strikes against that particular thought. 

I have a lot of respect for medical doctors and the training and education required to obtain that title, but man you guys are literally the opposite of the “jack of all trades” trope. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, LeviF said:

As I already said, the post was a rebuttal to the statement that Mexico and the USA share a culture. Those characteristics are strikes against that particular thought. 

I have a lot of respect for medical doctors and the training and education required to obtain that title, but man you guys are literally the opposite of the “jack of all trades” trope. 

about 25% of the US population is Catholic.  And this is how you defend your statement.  Not buying it.  You're clearly anti Catholic like so many far right extremists and hate groups.  They're real and pervasive in some parts of the country (think deep south and white hooded robes).  Sadly, our faith has its own subset of extremists.  To wit, B man....

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

about 25% of the US population is Catholic.  And this is how you defend your statement.  Not buying it.  You're clearly anti Catholic like so many far right extremists and hate groups.  They're real and pervasive in some parts of the country (think deep south and white hooded robes).  Sadly, our faith has its own subset of extremists.  To wit, B man....

ok lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Your belief that the right is the anti Catholic side is hilarious. I have never been mocked for my faith by anyone on the right, but many on the left have attempted to mock my faith. You literally must call anyone who's not a braindead liberal a right winger with this kind of characterization 

• Thank you (+1) 2

I didn't say "the right" but certainly some of the far right are anti Catholic.  Which party do you believe the KKK identifies more with?   And I'm still searching for the motivation for Levi's clearly anti Catholic sentiment in regards to Mexicans.  1 strike against a group of people is never a good sentiment but perhaps you share it and would like to explain the rationale.  Levi clearly won't and will pretend he meant something else while not explaining.  Familiar tactic amongst the extremists and their leaders.

Edited by Joe Ferguson forever

On 1/27/2024 at 4:37 PM, LeviF said:

You did say that, just not out in the open because you’re neither honest nor introspective enough to do so  

I should probably just remember what I’ve said about you in the past. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

I'm Catholic and it feels to me like you're trying, really hard, to make Catholicism the issue here when it's something else.  I don't understand you?

40 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

mm hmm...why is Catholicism a strike against Mexicans?

It wasn't and isn't, until Joe tried to make it one.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I grew  up before the measles vaccine The teacher would walk down the aisle and look down people's backs to look for the spots.If found, you wet to the nurse,went home and stayed there until it was over. No "pandemic".

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

No, see - that's the Trump position - since we don't have to do anything more about this until January 2025 - which even then - won't happen - cuz it didn't happen on Trump's first watch.

Thanks for proving my point. You're not going to stop someone who is determined to enter this country illegally.

Good luck

What is your solution to the southern border?