Potential FA Target: Chauncey Gardner-Johnson, Yay or Nay

4 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

He cost the Lions $4 M on their cap last year, which is why I mentioned it.

The question isn't the money so much as his injury history

Yeah the injuries are huge, but the lions paid him 6.5M spread over 2 years. I wouldn’t want to pay him that much

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, Peter said:

Shoot. You beat me to it.

"There will be growth in the Spring"

Brilliant movie with the brilliant Peter Sellers.

I am guessing that you may not be old enough to remember the movie "Being There" with Peter Sellers that came out in 1979. I presume that the poster was referring to the Chauncey Gardner character in that movie. The photo is from that movie.

You got me, wasn’t aware of the 45 yr old movie.

20 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I ran across this on a BR article of "Free Agents the Bills should Avoid" so take this with a grain of salt. 

He's coming off injury, but it was a pectoral muscle tear. He has some injury history, but he's played well when he's healthy. Last year the best he got was a one year deal for a $4 M cap hit for the Lions. In my mind that's the perfect short term pickup as we are phasing Poyer out and grooming a rookie.

What say you all?

I'll take him but also won't mind signing 2 new Safeties from this free agent class and releasing Poyer. Chinn, Blackmon, Whitehead, Stone , McKinney and Gardner Johnson give me any pair of these 2 . 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/15/2024 at 9:42 PM, DCofNC said:

You got me, wasn’t aware of the 45 yr old movie.

I guess I am dating myself. 😀

I figured that you probably were not aware of the movie. I was not suggesting that you should have been.

If you have some extra time, you may want to check it out. It is an odd and interesting movie. You also may want to check out other Peter Sellers' movies.

Go Bills!

Edited by Peter
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 2/15/2024 at 12:33 PM, DCofNC said:

Where do you come up with this non-sense? He is 26.  Yeah he has injury issues, but he’s a stud when he’s out there.

What nonsense?  Go on Google & look up the movie Being There and then you'll understand that his post is a parody of Gardner-Johnson's name.  

I think it's really funny that he goes by C.J. to avoid the Chance the gardner AKA Chauncey Gardner references.  

4 hours ago, Peter said:

I guess I am dating myself. 😀

I figured that you probably were not aware of the movie. I was not suggesting that you should have been.

If you have some extra time, you may want to check it out. It is and odd and interesting movie. You also may want to check out other Peter Sellers' movies.

Go Bills!

One of my favorite movies.  I like the ending where he walks on water because he doesn't know that people can't.  

• Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.