Per NFL Rumors, Wilks fired

BillsWest

Per ProFootball Rumors, the 49ers have fired Steve Wilks DC.   I guess KC will do that to you!  I think the final outcome would have been different if Dre Greenlaw doesn't tear his achilles.

Edited by BillsWest
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

Just now, Chicken Boo said:

There was an instance during the final drive where Romo made an observation that Shanahan called timeout because he didn't like Wilks's aggressive call.

Then Shanahan needs to be fired.  You put Spags asDC of SF and they best the crap out of KC.  The man comes at you relentlessly.  

Just now, NastyNateSoldiers said:

That 2nd 14 in overtime when he had all his Defensive backs standing 10yds off the Wrs that was classic Mcd defense in critical situations. 

100%

Wilks had KC's number in the first half: KC scored zero points.

Maybe the firing is related to the fact that Wilks' called D on the last play did not account for KC's Corndog / Tom & Jerry play. KC had shown thta play earlier in the game & the 49ers defensed it well.

He held KC to fewer than 20 points in regulation, and that was after one of his best players suffered possibly the most inopportune freak injury in NFL history. Seems harsh.

1 minute ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

That 2nd 14 in overtime when he had all his Defensive backs standing 10yds off the Wrs that was classic Mcd defense in critical situations. 

He conceded the FG attempt at the end of regulation in order to avoid giving up a huge TD. It was exactly what McD did at the end of the 13 seconds game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Patrick Fitzryan said:

He held KC to fewer than 20 points in regulation, and that was after one of his best players suffered possibly the most inopportune freak injury in NFL history. Seems harsh.

He conceded the FG attempt at the end of regulation in order to avoid giving up a huge TD. It was exactly what McD did at the end of the 13 seconds game.

What's even more ridiculous is the Chiefs were one of the worst teams in the league in big plays on offense. They barely hit any bombs this season. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Official now. Though seriously, he did a darn good job holding KC to what they had considering how the offense pooped the bed in the second half.

22 minutes ago, Logic said:

Given his connections to Sean McDermott and the fact that he was unable to stop the Kansas City Chiefs in the biggest game of the year, he feels like a perfect fit for the Bills.

I mean, you joke, but I would absolutely take him on staff if McDermott roped him in for a year as Assistant Head Coach.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol was he calling the offensive plays in the second half or the red zone offensive plays in OT?  Shanahan is a moron.

Pretty much where I am. 19 points? Against the Chiefs, the way they were playing us and the Ravens (two teams that were not supposed to be defensive pushovers)?

Hey, how did vaunted genius Kyle Shanahan do in terms of points vs the defense that Brady and Allen put up 24 on?

This is Shanahan covering his ass and picking a fall guy as everyone has to point out that he got blanked in the endzone repeatedly and got shut out of the 3rd quarter.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

Not surprised. With all that talent on defense they should’ve won that game. He called a bad game. 

No he didn't. His defense stopped Mahomes multiple times while Kyle's offense was stuck in neutral failing to remember they had Christian effing McCaffrey to hand it to. Then the special teams screwed up and handed the Chiefs a score. 

I am not a huge Steve Wilkes fan. I didn't like that hire to start with. But his defense was not the problem on Sunday.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Pretty much where I am. 19 points? Against the Chiefs, the way they were playing us and the Ravens (two teams that were not supposed to be defensive pushovers)?

Hey, how did vaunted genius Kyle Shanahan do in terms of points vs the defense that Brady and Allen put up 24 on?

This is Shanahan covering his ass and picking a fall guy as everyone has to point out that he got blanked in the endzone repeatedly and got shut out of the 3rd quarter.

Josh Allen affect bud. 

Hey @GunnerBillhow u like them 4 punts in 3 games. I didn't even know about that one. That one goes right next to 35.7 pts per game on the MCD Wall of Shame! 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.