Chiefs are just better than the Bills

1 minute ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

Clearly we are fairly evenly matched with KC, the games literally all come down to the wire.  Doesn't mean how we match up with SF, or a healthy burrow-led cincy squad, or whomever.  Football is matchups, its game calling, its the players making a play at a given moment, etc.  I don't fear KC, and I think we will knock them off in the next year or two, but it doesn't matter if you can't win the ones after that.  

If you wanna tell me the Bengals are better than us, I will listen to that. That is a team that has physically manhandled us WAY more than the Chiefs have. They destroyed us in the playoffs and then the game against them this year wasn't much better. We are literally a couple flipped plays of being better than the Chiefs. We are miles behind the Bengals in my opinion 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

This is SO wrong! The Chiefs, with endless (1:45) time & 2 TOs, being given 4 downs every new set? 🤪The 49ers discovered what a bad strategy that was last night.

I don’t care about Dawkins, let alone the so so idiot kicker- light years of competence from Butker.

The strategy is to NEVER attempt that Pass- then. The only way to do it is to get one more First Down and bleed virtually EVERY second from Mahomes! So that you’re allowing only Allen to run or shots to the End Zone from inside the 15 or better… with less than 20 seconds to go.

(See the Chiefs from last night on how to do it correctly!)

I see what you're saying - but at the same time, i want to avoid overtime at all costs.  A TD at least puts a next level amount of pressure on the chiefs, while overtime they can operate at whatever pace they want.  Buffalo had maintained a solid TOP advantage in this game so they would've been rested, and 1:45 takes out their running game (which had been very effective in the game).  

18 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

They aren't destroying us. If McDermott doesn't have one of the biggest head coaching blunders in team history in 13 seconds....guess what? People would say we were the better team. If Allen hits Shalir in the end zone and we stop the Chiefs on their next drive....guess what? We're better than the Chiefs. Or would they still have been better if they lost both times?

They don't have to destroy us. All they have to do is win.  This isn't about some ridiculous point differential award.  If, if, if....some fans live in the world of IF.

• Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

0-3 against KC when it mattered says Bills are not better regardless of how your heart wants it to be. 

It's not my heart lol. 2 or 3 plays being different is what makes us better than the Chiefs apparently but because we didn't get those 2 or 3 plays, it means they are clearly better. That's literally the mindset of people here

12 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Take Josh and Patrick outta this. 
Offense will never be an issue in KC cause Reid’s system which Patrick has mastered is so player friendly he could plug and play anyone in there to make plays he’s been doing it for 30 years.

Josh has to deal with the unique challenge of having a defense first front office and coach staff that throws retread level receivers not named Diggs at him. 

Im not going to argue talent on defense the Chiefs where healthy the Bills where not. 

The difference between these two teams is one team expects to win…the other team hopes to win. It’s more a culture issue then anything.

And there's your winning answer folks.

• Agree 2

These are the kinds of threads that we make fun of when we see them on Finheaven.  "The Bills are better than us."  "No they're not, just because they beat us every time it matters doesn't mean they're better."

Don't be that guy.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

If you wanna tell me the Bengals are better than us, I will listen to that. That is a team that has physically manhandled us WAY more than the Chiefs have. They destroyed us in the playoffs and then the game against them this year wasn't much better. We are literally a couple flipped plays of being better than the Chiefs. We are miles behind the Bengals in my opinion 

Complete inability to run the ball against them always throws the offense off.  Defense needs to do a better job muddying up Burrow's reads, disguising coverage, and creating pressure.  

Edited by Bleeding Bills Blue

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They don't have to destroy us. All they have to do is win.  This isn't about some ridiculous point differential award.  If, if, if....some fans live in the world of IF.

But what you're saying is we make one more play than they do in a game and we are the better team but because we didn't, we're not. There's more to it than that

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Take Josh and Patrick outta this. 
Offense will never be an issue in KC cause Reid’s system which Patrick has mastered is so player friendly he could plug and play anyone in there to make plays he’s been doing it for 30 years.

Josh has to deal with the unique challenge of having a defense first front office and coach staff that throws retread level receivers not named Diggs at him. 

Im not going to argue talent on defense the Chiefs where healthy the Bills where not. 

The difference between these two teams is one team expects to win…the other team hopes to win. It’s more a culture issue then anything.

Whatever analytics and stats say the eye test says the big difference is Mahomes just gets better pass protection where Josh faces a lot more pressure.  Whether that's blocking schemes and line calls or just plain talent on the line I don't know.

12 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

OK. for the record. I said myself that even if Allen hit that pass, we probably still don't win that game because we didn't stop them defensively all game. Those were my own words. I'm not naive enough to think we would have stopped them. My point I've been trying to make is IF IIIIIIIIIIIFFFFFF we hit that pass and got the luckiest break in the world on defense after that to win that game, we are all of a sudden better because we beat them, right? But because we didn't, that's everyone's reason to say they're better?

Well, at least the albatross of not beating KC in the playoffs would be off us, IF we beat KC this year.

Who knows IF we would have beat them.  We still needed to play Baltimore the next week at their house.

What happens IF we lose to Baltimore?  Does the KC win even matter? 

What IF we make it to the superbowl and lose to the 49ers?  Does it even matter?

Compiling a team with talent enough to win championships is just one aspect of have a great team like KC.  It starts at the top down.  You need a great GM, HC, surrounding staff.   There are LOTS of teams with alot of talent on them.   How you harness that talent is what matters.

KC is just doing it better than Buffalo right now.  We have no excuses.  We lost to KC AT HOME!  We are not better than KC.

RECOGNIZE there is a problem, find the true reason the problem exists and try to fix it.

The problem is NOT Josh Allen or the vast majority of the players IMO.  It's how we are using them especially on offense is what is keeping us back.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

It's hard to argue when they've been to the AFC championship game 5 years in a row. Are they unbeatably better? No. Do I think that the Bills win the divisional round if the defense isn't battered to hell? Yes.

The Chiefs have a length on us. They have a big salary cap lead over us. I don't see anything to do other than try to keep hitting on draft picks until 2026 and hope we get lucky.

Edited by WhitewalkerInPhilly
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Well, at least the albatross of not beating KC in the playoffs would be off us, IF we beat KC this year.

Who knows IF we would have beat them.  We still needed to play Baltimore the next week at their house.

What happens IF we lose to Baltimore?  Does the KC win even matter? 

What IF we make it to the superbowl and lose to the 49ers?  Does it even matter?

Compiling a team with talent enough to win championships is just one aspect of have a great team like KC.  It starts at the top down.  You need a great GM, HC, surrounding staff.   There are LOTS of teams with alot of talent on them.   How you harness that talent is what matters.

KC is just doing it better than Buffalo right now.  We have no excuses.  We lost to KC AT HOME!  We are not better than KC.

RECOGNIZE there is a problem, find the true reason the problem exists and try to fix it.

The problem is NOT Josh Allen or the vast majority of the players IMO.  It's how we are using them especially on offense is what is keeping us back.

You are correct, sir....the problem is not JA and i think we can all agree on that. In my eyes, the problem always has been and always will be coaching. We are going to constantly end up with the same results with this regime. I'm not even sure they know how to identify the issues, nor how to even fix them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bleeding Bills Blue said:

I see what you're saying - but at the same time, i want to avoid overtime at all costs.  A TD at least puts a next level amount of pressure on the chiefs, while overtime they can operate at whatever pace they want.  Buffalo had maintained a solid TOP advantage in this game so they would've been rested, and 1:45 takes out their running game (which had been very effective in the game).  

I think the last 7-8 minutes of that game was totally mismanaged by Buffalo.

When we got the ball w/ 7-8 minutes left we should have hurried up and moved down the field as fast as possible.  Hopefully getting a TD with about 4-5 minutes left.

Then give the ball back to mahomes... maybe we stop them, maybe we don't... BUT we probably get the ball BACK with about 1:30 to go, with the ball in Josh Allen's hands instead of Mahomes to go and get the win! 

IMO, that was the right way to win that game at the end.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

But what you're saying is we make one more play than they do in a game and we are the better team but because we didn't, we're not. There's more to it than that

Dude...good lord we NEVER make the extra play or 2 or 3. They have the best QB, HC, DC, TE in the entire NFL. Chris Jones disrupts everything.  We have Josh Allen.  That's it. Of course they're always going to be one or 2 plays ahead of us. You said it yourself, 13 sec was a collasal coaching blunder.  I wish to the heavens above we had Andy coaching up Josh. But we don't. 

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Anyone watch the trenches last night?....ya i know, everyone wants to watch the "pretty" plays, the QB, the RB's, the WR's, but did anyone actually watch the trenches? I did and i'll tell ya some things i noticed....

1) When the Niners were dictating and dominating the trench on O in the first half, they pressured Mahomo keeping him off-balance and forcing him to abandon some of KC's playcalling. They forced some sacks and kept Mahomo off his rhythm. KC could not generate anything on O in the 1st half. CM was steam rolling the KC D line, slicing up yardage.

2) The 2nd half was completely different. KC owned the trenches, which gave Mahomo the confidence to make plays. It also didn't help that the Niners abandoned the run, however, the KC D was stout in the 2nd half and limited CM to very little yardage.

My point being, we all know the game is won and lost in the trenches. We all know that if you can pressure Mahomo, you can throw him off his game. When was the last time we completely dominated the trenches in any game?.....Dallas, and that's about it. We moved the ball at will cause it all started in the trenches.

My other point being, our FO keeps telling the fans that they are building a team to compete with KC....and yes we can compete in the regular season, but in the playoffs, they own us. They outright own us. Did we get any pressure on Mahomo last game we played them?....nope, and he had all day to feel comfortable in the pocket and pick us apart.

If we can't own the trenches, we can't own the Lombardi.....simple as that.

Shanahan abandoned the run in q2 and 3. When he started running again, they moved the ball. CMC was how they win that game and he forgot that when CMC fumbled.

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Dude...good lord we NEVER make the extra play or 2 or 3. They have the best QB, HC, DC, TE in the entire NFL. Chris Jones disrupts everything.  We have Josh Allen.  That's it. Of course they're always going to be one or 2 plays ahead of us. You said it yourself, 13 sec was a collasal coaching blunder.  I wish to the heavens above we had Andy coaching up Josh. But we don't. 

Chris Jones is one of the best big game players on D we've seen in a while.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Buffalo03 said:

But the 49ers beat them. The 49ers should have lost to both the Packers and Lions. They didn't play well but the 49ers are better than both teams. My point is, if the 49ers had lost one of those games, it just means those teams were better on that day, not that they were the better team in general 

But the argument you're trying to make, between the Bills and KC, if it happens every time what does that mean?

You're making the wrong argument. Your eyes should tell you two things. That Mahomes and Allen aren't far apart at all, the only separation is the hardware, but that means everything. The 2nd thing Your eyes should tell you is that KC is lightyears better than the Bills in every other way, the gap is laughably wide, and last night was all the proof you need 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, foreboding said:

Shanahan abandoned the run in q2 and 3. When he started running again, they moved the ball. CMC was how they win that game and he forgot that when CMC fumbled.

Chris Jones is one of the best big game players on D we've seen in a while.

The whole thing with abandoning the run game with CM, seemed like a real McClappy thing to do IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.