Bills Open With 4th Best Odds to Win Super Bowl Next Season

Doc Brown

Third in AFC behind KC and Baltimore.  A little surprised we're above the Lions.  Here are the top 10 and the rest of the AFC East.  Best value?  I'm going Packers.

San Francisco 49ers +600

Kansas City Chiefs +850

Baltimore Ravens +1000

Buffalo Bills +1200

Cincinnati Bengals +1500

Detroit Lions +1700

Miami Dolphins +2000

Dallas Cowboys +2000

Philadelphia Eagles +2200

Green Bay Packers +2500

New York Jets +3000

New England Patriots +12500

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Third in AFC behind KC and Baltimore.  A little surprised we're above the Lions.  Here are the top 10 and the rest of the AFC East.  Best value?  I'm going Packers.

San Francisco 49ers +600

Kansas City Chiefs +850

Baltimore Ravens +1000

Buffalo Bills +1200

Cincinnati Bengals +1500

Detroit Lions +1700

Miami Dolphins +2000

Dallas Cowboys +2000

Philadelphia Eagles +2200

Green Bay Packers +2500

New York Jets +3000

New England Patriots +12500

disrespect for the SB Champions !!!

5 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Bills have been annihilated by key injuries the last two seasons.  If they find a way to stay reasonably healthy they are a serious threat.  The Bills did not lose a single game by more then one score last season.

That is not tied with the injuries.  They can go over the huddle only with better coaches/schemes/execution.   

The Bills could have gone to the AFCC if they had executed better in the last drive.   The Bills could have gone to the AFCC if their defense did not give up TDs on 3 straight possessions after half-time.   

There is a reason why the Chiefs went on the road and won in Buffalo and Baltimore.  They were coached better and executed better.   Plus they are NOT afraid to play their young players....and finally they are about 60M under the cap....

The Bills need to cut bait with high prized players as the margin of improvement with them is very small.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ganesh said:

disrespect for the SB Champions !!!

That is not tied with the injuries.  They can go over the huddle only with better coaches/schemes/execution.   

The Bills could have gone to the AFCC if they had executed better in the last drive.   The Bills could have gone to the AFCC if their defense did not give up TDs on 3 straight possessions after half-time.   

There is a reason why the Chiefs went on the road and won in Buffalo and Baltimore.  They were coached better and executed better.   Plus they are NOT afraid to play their young players....and finally they are about 60M under the cap....

The Bills need to cut bait with high prized players as the margin of improvement with them is very small.

The section you highlighted was a standalone statement showing they were always in games.  Nobody took them behind the woodshed.

As for the rest, we needed some of our better players to not be out with injuries.  Even a 90% Bills team could have won that game.  Injuries affect execution.  It's why backups are backups.

Edited by The Red King
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd have Chiefs #1

Bills and 49ers joint #2

Bengals #3

Everyone else needs lightening in a bottle. 

What about the Lions, Packers and Texans. All up and coming teams with bright futures.

The only other team I'd give a chance to actually is Green Bay. If Love can back it then I think they are a legit contender. I think he may well be the best QB in the NFC based on what I saw this year.

Just now, Gregg said:

What about the Lions, Packers and Texans. All up and coming teams with bright futures.

Posts crossed. Just added the Pack. Not sure the Texans have enough elite around Stroud yet. They are probably 2 years away. Lions I think just missed their best shot.

It comes down to a few things:

Injuries

Can they improve the WR room with limited cap resources?

Can they fill out a reasonably capable D-Line with limited cap resources?  Can Von Miller give us a season at decent form?

Tyler Bass gets his foot straight

• Agree 1

52 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I'd have Chiefs #1

Bills and 49ers joint #2

Bengals #3

Everyone else needs lightening in a bottle. 

Burrow still has to prove he can be counted on by his team to actually avoid injury and be available every week.

It’s far from a given, he just might be one of those guys who can never stay healthy.

23 minutes ago, julian said:

Burrow still has to prove he can be counted on by his team to actually avoid injury and be available every week.

It’s far from a given, he just might be one of those guys who can never stay healthy.

What is the contract situation with their 3 receivers. I know Chase will be there but what about Higgins and Boyd. Can they afford to keep all 3.

Edited by Gregg

3 minutes ago, Gregg said:

What is the contract situation with their 3 receivers. I know Chase will be there but what about Higgins and Boyd. Can they afford to keep all 3.

Yeah and there’s that too, plenty of questions abound for Burrow and the Bengals in a very tough North division.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, julian said:

Yeah and there’s that too, plenty of questions abound for Burrow and the Bengals in a very tough North division.

Let the North beat the crap out of each other. Every team in that division has a strong rivalry within those 4 teams.

Edited by Gregg
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, May Day 10 said:

It comes down to a few things:

Injuries

Can they improve the WR room with limited cap resources?

Can they fill out a reasonably capable D-Line with limited cap resources?  Can Von Miller give us a season at decent form?

Tyler Bass gets his foot straight

I agree, I would just add that the special teams in general needs to get their ***** straight, not just Bass.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.