Woody Johnson delivers ultimatum to Jets leadership, praises Rodgers

3 minutes ago, Pecos Bills said:

Bills have been to 6 AFCCGs in the past 35 years.

Twice as many as the Jets.

Who cares?

AND THE YANKEES WON 27 CHAMPIONSHIPS!

Edited by Gugny

2 hours ago, Bruffalo said:

The Sabres are the sacrifice we need to keep Terry Pegula busy and not meddling in the football operations.

Night and day difference between orgs. 

At least we have the 2023 world NLL champions Buffalo Bandits 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is where you see what kind of an idiot Johnson is. First off, I fully acknowledge that Wilson has looked bad. No argument.

However, they picked him so high because they saw some talent in him. And truthfully, that potential is still there IMO. They have done nothing but jerk the kid around almost refusing to give him proper grooming. They stuck him behind one of the worst OLs I have ever seen and then blamed Wilson for not winning. They messed this kid up. While he was never going to be a Mahomes or Allen, they totally destroyed any shot of him being a decent NFL starter.

Then on top of it, they go ahead and the owner says something like this that eliminated any (small) value Wilson still had on the way out. No wonder Wilson reportedly wasn't interested in playing the last few games for the Jets. 

I really hope he ends up somewhere that can help him recalibrate a bit. 

Wilson is a bust.  He was overdrafted to begin with and the staff didn't have much to work with.  He came with an attitude & alienated a lot of the players in the locker room by the middle of his 2nd season.  

It wasn't the coaching staff that messed up Wilson.  In Bills terms he's the 2nd coming of EJ Manuel, only Manuel never copped an attitude that lost the locker room.  .  

2 hours ago, LABILLBACKER said:

They did Wilson the same way the Browns did Mayfield. These 2 organizations are almost identical in the idiotic moves they make.  They deserve everything they get.

Wilson never won a playoff game or even got his team into one.  Mayfield won a playoff game with Cleveland.  

The Jets did Wilson like the bust he is.  

• Dislike 1

Just now, Albany,n.y. said:

Wilson is a bust.  He was overdrafted to begin with and the staff didn't have much to work with.  He came with an attitude & alienated a lot of the players in the locker room by the middle of his 2nd season.  

It wasn't the coaching staff that messed up Wilson.  In Bills terms he's the 2nd coming of EJ Manuel, only Manuel never copped an attitude that lost the locker room.  .  

Wilson also showed growth and maturity last season in the way he handled his benchings. Took full blame. Complete 180 from the year before. Jet insiders have said multiple times how well liked he now is inside the locker room. 

And sorry, if you can't see they way they messed up the dudes confidence with all the "benched, unbenched" they played with him and by hiring that idiot Hackett...I don't know what to tell ya.

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

Wilson also showed growth and maturity last season in the way he handled his benchings. Took full blame. Complete 180 from the year before. Jet insiders have said multiple times how well liked he now is inside the locker room. 

And sorry, if you can't see they way they messed up the dudes confidence with all the "benched, unbenched" they played with him and by hiring that idiot Hackett...I don't know what to tell ya.

I know what I can tell you.  I listen to the NYC sports radio stations & have a much better picture on Wilson's lack of development than you have.  He got benched due to lousy play. If his attitude improved, then why did he want to sit out the end of this season?  The guy on the bench can be well like when he's not screwing up things on the field.  Big deal, he stopped blaming others this year. 

Hackett sucks, but so does Wilson.  A perfect storm of bad QB/bad OC.   

2 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I know what I can tell you.  I listen to the NYC sports radio stations & have a much better picture on Wilson's lack of development than you have.  He got benched due to lousy play. If his attitude improved, then why did he want to sit out the end of this season?  The guy on the bench can be well like when he's not screwing up things on the field.  Big deal, he stopped blaming others this year. 

Ok, so being spoonfed NYC media's opinions  makes you better informed. Got it. That really helps me know how seriously to take your response. Thanks for saving my time here.

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They told him he would be traded in the offseason and he would be inactive the rest of the year. Sounds like he made a business decision, just like the Jets did when they benched him for Boyle.

And its a non-story too because he did start two games after that and promptly got hurt behind the ***** Oline they gave him

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Ok, so being spoonfed NYC media's opinions  makes you better informed. Got it. That really helps me know how seriously to take your response. Thanks for saving my time here.

I am better informed & hardly spoonfed.  The more information one has, the better to come to an informed conclusion.  You'll see I was right when Wilson becomes the next EJ Manuel.  

• Eyeroll 1

5 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I am better informed & hardly spoonfed.  The more information one has, the better to come to an informed conclusion.  You'll see I was right when Wilson becomes the next EJ Manuel.  

This is now the second time that unprompted you felt the need to tell me you are "better informed"...without ever taking a moment to ponder where and from whom I get my information from.

Now, I'm not by any means a young man anymore. However, through age often times comes wisdom. Life lessons, so to speak. One of the most accurate life lessons I have learned is that the individual that has to publicly crow about how much more they know than everyone else more times than not is the least knowledgeable person in the room. Often times they are just a loudmouth blowhard. Now, I'm absolutely not saying that this applies to you as we have never met in person to my knowledge and it's impossible to form accurate opinions on a person from online interactions. So, definitely not saying that you are in fact a loudmouth nor a blowhard. But it would be very interesting to meet in person and see if this theory holds true. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Lol the Jets haven't made the playoffs in 13 seasons. They are rivaling the Bills drought

When they hit 17 years, or if we win two super bowls, then we can stalk smack. 

33 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This is now the second time that unprompted you felt the need to tell me you are "better informed"...without ever taking a moment to ponder where and from whom I get my information from.

Now, I'm not by any means a young man anymore. However, through age often times comes wisdom. Life lessons, so to speak. One of the most accurate life lessons I have learned is that the individual that has to publicly crow about how much more they know than everyone else more times than not is the least knowledgeable person in the room. Often times they are just a loudmouth blowhard. Now, I'm absolutely not saying that this applies to you as we have never met in person to my knowledge and it's impossible to form accurate opinions on a person from online interactions. So, definitely not saying that you are in fact a loudmouth nor a blowhard. But it would be very interesting to meet in person and see if this theory holds true. 

Geographically, I have an advantage in obtaining knowledge of NY teams.  That's just the facts that you refuse to acknowledge. If you are living in the NYC area, I'll admit you have better sources, but if you don't live with reach of the NYC media, maybe you're the blowhard. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.