Have you ever been to a Super Bowl?

12 minutes ago, GASabresIUFan said:

I’ve been to one Super Bowl here in the Atl. Saw my Bills lose to the hated Boys and their awful fans.  The swag was pretty good.  The seat had a nice seat cushion, with a flash light and small radio with headphones. 

Funny, I still have the seat cushion, werent we supposed to use the flash light for the half time show?

I went to the one in Detroit in 2006.  Steelers and Seahawks was a boring game but The Rolling Stones were great at halftime.  I won't go to another one unless the Bills make it.  My guess is the NFL will have moved it to Siberia or something by then.

• Like (+1) 1

Never been to a Super Bowl. However, always had it set in my mind that if the Bills made it that far would make the trip. They just need to make sure and win because I don't think I could afford another trip like that in my lifetime again.

• Haha (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Funny, I still have the seat cushion, werent we supposed to use the flash light for the half time show?

I have all three items.  Not sure why I've kept the flashlight and the radio.  Yes, the flashlight was for the halftime show.

I've also been to an NCAA BB final (IU lost to Maryland), a CFP Final (UGA choked against Bama), World Series games (Braves 91 & 92), and Stanley Cup games (Sabres in 1975 - Bat/Fog game). Given my teams' history when I attend, I don't think I'll be attending again any time soon.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

@mrags tried. 🤣

That's the way to do it. Wait last minute and go for a team you don't care about if it's in an city you're in

I tried alright. Took a $6k bath on those tix. 

I’ll say this, if the Bills ever go to the SB I don’t think your touching tix from brokers for any less than 10k a ticket for the cheapest seat in the house. Probably more than $12k to be honest. They know Bills fans are crazy and will pay it. When I went through the process, the broker I sold my tix to knew that if the Bills were in it you could easily expect 3x market value on tix. 

• Agree 1

I've been to 6.  The 4 Bills ones in the 90s, SBXLVIII & SB50. 

1st one I went with the Disney package. I got a cheap flight to Orlando, got a rental car, stayed Thurs night & Monday night in Orlando & Fri-Monday morning at the Bill-Mar hotel in Treasure Island.  

2nd one my friend Petrino (old poster here) won the lottery and I got a ticket at face value. I got the flight & motel through Travel USA & had to fly out of Buffalo. 

3rd one Petrino won his 2nd straight lottery, we got a super saver flight to LA, split motel, & rental car prices & brought the whole thing in for about $750 each,

4th one we went with Travel USA/Santos Tours out of Buffalo.

5th one I went to was XLVIII at Met-Life. The ticket prices were the lowest in years because the corporate people didn't want to sit outside in February in NJ.  I drove down the day of the game, parked at the Stub Hub parking, shuttle bussed to the game & back, and had a motel room in Ramsey NJ.  Unfortunately, when I got back to the motel, I found out a snow storm was coming.  I woke up at 4, showered & was out of there by 4:30.  I was home in about 2 hours & went back to bed. 

6th one was SB50 in Santa Clara.  I have relatives in the Bay area & promised I'd go to the game with my nephew.  He drove to Freemont, we took a bus to the game & back to Freemont & then I stayed at his house when we got back. 

1 hour ago, boyst said:

@mrags tried. 🤣

That's the way to do it. Wait last minute and go for a team you don't care about if it's in an city you're in

I’m guessing you paid that little back in the 90s. You aren’t touching tix for under a few thousand now. Even last minute I feel like it’s not happening. 

6 minutes ago, mrags said:

I’m guessing you paid that little back in the 90s. You aren’t touching tix for under a few thousand now. Even last minute I feel like it’s not happening. 

I was checking this year's prices.  They were $10-11,000 the week of the championship games, early this week they were down to around $8,000 get in price.  Here's the current lowest price ticket on NFL on Location.  Their 15% fee is lower than a lot of others, so when you see a low price before fees the fees could be as high as 25-30%

Order Details

SUPER BOWL LVIII

FEBRUARY 11, 2024ALLEGIANT STADIUM

SEATS AVAILABLE:  6 - 23

* YOUR SEATS ARE GUARANTEED TO BE TOGETHER

SECTION: 345

ROW:  13

QUANTITY:  1

TICKET PRICE:  $6,929.00

SERVICE FEE:  $1,247.22

SHIPPING:  --

DELIVERY METHOD:  MOBILE DELIVERY

SUBTOTAL:  $8,176.22

* KICKOFF CLUB HOSPITALITY AT SUPER BOWL LVIII

Orders Summary

TICKETS

$6,929.00

SERVICE FEE

$1,247.22

SHIPPING

--

SUBTOTAL

$8,176.22

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I was checking this year's prices.  They were $10-11,000 the week of the championship games, early this week they were down to around $8,000 get in price.  

Last week when I was looking, a single ticket was about $9,500.  Today, single ticket lowest price is $6,500.  

• Like (+1) 1

Went to Minneapolis and Pasadena (IIRC we lost both of those)

Face Value back then was $150 and could scalp for around $400.

Cool stat - my dad RIP went to Super Bowl 1 - was in LA for a conference and splurged $5 for a ticket

I still have the program he bought for us

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I was checking this year's prices.  They were $10-11,000 the week of the championship games, early this week they were down to around $8,000 get in price.  

I imagine they will drop to half that or even less the day of. But point being, if the Bills are in it, those prices will never come down. 

I imagine it’s the deep pockets of San Fran fans that are keeping the prices so lofty still. When I lost money on tix back in 2020 it was the Chiefs and they were just there the year before. Their fans have already been there and done that, they were overpaying for tix at that point. That’s pretty much the info I received from the brokers. If it were the Bills and Lions in the SB expect to pay over 20k a ticket without breaking a sweat. At least in the secondary market. I bought mine directly from the NFL before the secondary prices took off. We tried to sell for triple face value and was told at the time that if we had them up for just over double we would have sold them in the first few days. Unfortunately after the first 3 days the market went to crap and there was a Covid outbreak in Tampa at the time. Really screwed us. 

2 minutes ago, Just Jack said:

Last week when I was looking, a single ticket was about $9,500.  Today, single ticket lowest price is $6,500.  

Here's Ticketmaster after fees of 21.25% The 1st ticket is listed at $5,600 before fees. :

Sec 441, Row 8

Verified Resale Ticket

$6,790.00

Sec 443, Row 7

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,796.38

Sec 326, Row 13

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,820.63

Sec 414, Row 6

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,863.06

Sec 326, Row 12

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,880.04

Sec 332, Row 4

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 344, Row 10

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 318, Row 8

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 411, Row 16

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 436, Row 14

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 406, Row 7

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 442, Row 1

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,941.88

Sec 411, Row 17

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,990.38

• Sad 1

I went to all 4 of the Bills Super Bowls.  So obviously it's my fault they lost.

Before SBXXV we went to the hotel where ESPN was doing their broadcasting.  We came across a taping of the Jim Kelly Show.  Met Jim, Chris Berman.  Got interviewed for the news back home (Rich Funke!)

Met Muhammad Ali, Barry Sanders, Ralph Wilson and Van Miller walking around Minneapolis before SBXXVI.  And it turned out that our hotel was the Bills' secret night-before hotel.  We came back from dinner to find Marv Levy and Bill Polian in our lobby and the place crawling with players.

Spent time before SB XXVII in Vegas, and won about $800 playing blackjack at The Mirage.

Don't recall much about the SB XXVIII except that our hotel room got broken into during the game.

Edited by JÂy RÛßeÒ
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Here's Ticketmaster after fees of 21.25% The 1st ticket is listed at $5,600 before fees. :

Sec 441, Row 8

Verified Resale Ticket

$6,790.00

Sec 443, Row 7

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,796.38

Sec 326, Row 13

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,820.63

Sec 414, Row 6

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,863.06

Sec 326, Row 12

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,880.04

Sec 332, Row 4

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 344, Row 10

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 318, Row 8

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 411, Row 16

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 436, Row 14

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 406, Row 7

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,881.25

Sec 442, Row 1

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,941.88

Sec 411, Row 17

Verified Resale Ticket

$7,990.38

I’m n 2020 I paid just over $8k per seat for great end zone seats. 26 rows up from the field. Dead center of the end zone. Across the way from the pirate ship (not same side). We could have originally bought tix for $4-5k but they were in some nosebleed sections. Thought for sure the best option would be for better seats. Turned out not to be the case. 

Went to XVIII in Atlanta; was living there at the time.  Still had Bills season tix and through a connection at the ticket office got four face value seats.  It was a fun experience but the weather sucked so there wasn't any real "hanging out" downtown.  Game was in the rather new (at the time) Georgia Dome and the biggest thing I noticed, even back then, was that it didn't have the same feel as a game played for the fans.

Box checked.

I've always said that when the Bills go back I want to watch it in Buffalo.

I went to the Bills Redskins superbowl in Minneapolis.  I grew up in Buffalo, graduated from Plattsburgh State and took a job in the Washington DC area.  I Have lived in Maryland ever since.  I bought my tickets for $150 each from a redskins fan who advertised them in the Washington Post. They were on the 40 yard line in the lower section - Incredible seats.  I stayed at the same hotel as the Jim Kelly family.  I remember seeing the room they reserved for the post game.  It was very quiet there after the game.  I saw Jim Kelly in the hotel after the game.  His face was black and blue, I guess from the concussion he got in the second quarter.  He was almost unrecognizable.  One other memorable event was that I saw Muhammad Ali at the airport just before I boarded to leave. I also remember all the redskin fans singing Hail to the redskins almost the entire time during the flight back to Washington. I’ve hated that song ever since…

Yes, went to XXV (Bills 1st SB).  Had to do it as it seemed like I was waiting forever to them finally making it (I discovered the NFL in '72 & became a Bills fan in '73).

I also wanted to go to XXVII (very confident we were going to win ;) ) but couldn't get out of work.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.