NFL MVP

Bills!Win!

Just now, Herc11 said:

8th would make him pretty close to average. Certainly not something to quote when saying he was the best. I don't give him the ints because his attempts are lower than everyone else. A better number would be attempts/int ratio. Im at work so I'm not going to dive into figuring that out right now. Also, if your going to talk about ints with a running QB youve got to include fumbles.

I edited my last post about the one stat. There you will find my thoughts on QBR. 

In a league where 35 QB's threw at least 200 passes or more, 8 is not "close to average." That's a mathematical fact.

QBR and passer rating are not the same thing.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

And have a great offense. I posted the recipe earlier for you.

No, earlier you said “great” stats. You’ve downgraded that to “pretty good” - right move - because Lamar’s stats certainly weren’t great.

Tannehill in 2021 was on the Titans #1 seeded team had a 106 passer rating with 3700 yards and 28 TD’s.

Again, zero MVP votes.

In fact, Lamar’s stats may be the worst for an MVP winner in a decade or more.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

In a league where 35 QB's threw at least 200 passes or more, 8 is not "close to average." That's a mathematical fact.

QBR and passer rating are not the same thing.

My bad, I thought I read QBR. Although, passer rating is also a made up calculated stat that has shown its weakness in the past. The whole reason ESPN tries to make something better by creating QBR.

1 minute ago, gobills404 said:

I think it should be punishable offense than you think a WR was more valuable to their team than Josh.

He had one of the greatest seasons ever for a WR.

Josh had 1 elite performance (PIT) since the 1st of October (MIA) and was largely mediocre most of the year and at multiple occasions was the worst player on the field costing his team games (NYJ,DEN). MVPs don't do that. Injuries certainly played a role in Hill getting demoted, but his season paled in comparison to Tyreek  .Allen's one 1st place vote also votes Lamar 3rd and was clearly a troll vote.

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

It’s almost like games are more than the scores, huh?

You point out the Bills needing a punt return TD against Miami but don’t mention how Baltimore blew out Cleveland the first game because Dorian Thompson-Robinson (a 3rd stringer) was their starting QB.

I pointed out how the Lamar led Ravens demolished playoff contenders. You can take that win against the Browns away if it makes you happy. Still doesn’t change much. Meanwhile the Bills were fortunate to beat a few of their contenders: the second game against the fish, the KC game, and the Buccaneers games all could’ve ended differently with one bounce or one call. But that doesn’t fit your “average margin of victory against playoff teams was 13 points” narrative, so I understand where you’re coming from. 

6 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What I find interesting is that 24 out of the 50 voters left Josh entirely off their ballot. In what world does he not deserve at least a top 5 vote for this season ? 

Easy. Every player above him was unquestionably better than he was, s was Tyreek and Stroud.

• Vomit 1

4 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

What I find interesting is that 24 out of the 50 voters left Josh entirely off their ballot. In what world does he not deserve at least a top 5 vote for this season ? 

I think that once the matti rice is out about a player, then that's what they'll always be viewed as. 
Josh- not very accurate, fun to watch but plays hero ball. He's big and will jump over and bull through you, so basically, he's not smart. 
This is what I get from watching and reading media outside of buffalo. 

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

No, earlier you said “great” stats. You’ve downgraded that to “pretty good” - right move - because Lamar’s stats certainly weren’t great.

Tannehill in 2021 was on the Titans #1 seeded team had a 106 passer rating with 3700 yards and 28 TD’s.

Again, zero MVP votes.

In fact, Lamar’s stats may be the worst for an MVP winner in a decade or more.

That Titans team didn't have a good offense. Read the formula one more time.

23 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Blast from the past there. Think I have that dude’s autograph floating around here somewhere. Priceless!

He had plenty of time to sign autographs.  He has to hold the NFL record for most consecutive games inactive while still on the main roster.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Brand J said:

I pointed out how the Lamar led Ravens demolished playoff contenders. You can take that win against the Browns away if it makes you happy. 

The point was that you know the ins and outs of the Bills games because you watched them. If you watch every NFL game you begin to see that even the blowouts, many of them are closer than the score appears. You don’t see them all, so you don’t see the flaws that the victor had in the game. But you intimately remember the Bills flaws in their TD+ victories, because you watched them all.

So Lamar certainly didn’t win because of his record against playoff teams (Allen had a better record).

And I don’t know how it could be about his margin of victory, because Allen had a 13 point MOV against playoff teams (even though you want to discredit some).

And it can’t be about TD’s - because Allen had more of those.

And they both won 6 of their last 7 games.

But Lamar did have the #1 seed. So there is that. 

Congratulations Lamar - you had less TD’s and a worse record against playoff teams … but you got the #1 seed, so here’s your MVP.

Hip hip hooray. 

Im going to bed.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Lamar definitely has pedestrian stats for MVP this year certainly. I’m just surprised that so many of you are up in arms about Allen not getting it. He seems fine about it as he should. His goals are to get past KC and Cincy in the playoffs. Not some meaningless regular season award.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

That Titans team didn't have a good offense. Read the formula one more time.

Which one. The original, or the one you changed to “pretty good” stats?

Actually nevermind. I’m going to bed. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 90sBills said:

Lamar definitely has pedestrian stats for MVP this year certainly. I’m just surprised that so many of you are up in arms about Allen not getting it. He seems fine about it as he should. His goals are to get past KC and Cincy in the playoffs. Not some meaningless regular season award.

Bingo.

I'd feel much worse if Josh had played like Lamar did against the Chiefs but won an MVP.

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Which one. The original, or the one you changed to “pretty good” stats?

Actually nevermind. I’m going to bed. 

You can change it to pretty good. It doesn't really matter.

1 minute ago, Einstein said:

The point was that you know the ins and outs of the Bills games because you watched them. If you watch every NFL game you begin to see that even the blowouts, many of them are closer than the score appears. You don’t see them all, so you don’t see the flaws that the victor had in the game. But you intimately remember the Bills flaws in their TD+ victories, because you watched them all.

So Lamar certainly didn’t win because of his record against playoff teams (Allen had a better record).

And I don’t know how it could be about his margin of victory, because Allen had a 13 point MOV against playoff teams (even though you want to discredit some).

And it can’t be about TD’s - because Allen had more of those.

And they both won 6 of their last 7 games.

But Lamar did have the #1 seed. So there is that. 

Congratulations Lamar - you had less TD’s and a worse record against playoff teams … but you got the #1 seed, so here’s your MVP.

Hip hip hooray. 

Im going to bed.

So now we’re accounting for how and why a team blows out another? Seriously? 

I told you exactly why Lamar won the award and it had nothing to do with the color of his skin. Go back and reread my initial post. If you don’t want to accept that’s the reason, then you’ll just have to accept that 49/50 people voted for him.

The Bills were hardly that “it” team all year. If they were that dominate and not losing to the worst teams in the league on days where Allen struggled, Josh would be going home with an MVP award tonight. It’s that simple really. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

he could throw less than 10 TO's and that will still be the narrative.  He won't because he doesn't have the receivers to run wide open like the other QBs do but hopefully that changes next year.

The INT numbers and the one seed seem to be the deciding factors for MVP voters these days, and yeah the media will latch onto another narrative but anything other than the turnover machine narrative probably doesn’t carry as much importance.

19 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Easy. Every player above him was unquestionably better than he was, s was Tyreek and Stroud.

How do you consistently manage to be one of the worst posters on this board? I don't know whether to mock or congratulate you. Your takes are guaranteed to be negative, biased, and laughably off base

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I’m not. Allen walks on water around here, he can do no wrong. If he doesn’t win the MVP it’s because the voters are dumb, certainly has nothing to do with how he struggled in games. Would he have won the award if the Bills defense closed out more games in which he struggled? Now that’s a more interesting topic for discussion, because with wins against the Eagles, Broncos, and Patriots, you’d be looking at a 15-2 team (given that all other close wins also held up). If the turnovers remained the same I think Lamar still would've got it because his team looked better against better competition.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

How do you consistently manage to be one of the worst posters on this board? I don't know whether to mock or congratulate you. Your takes are guaranteed to be negative, biased, and laughably off base

Just put him on your ignore list. He once said "I don't care about TDs" as it relates to judging a QB's performance. No point in engaging with someone still learning the basics of the sport.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.