Diggs cryptic comments - 2024 edition

Einstein

40 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I heard this just after the SB from a reporter for an NFL team not in the AFCE and think I can share it now. The reporter said that the big rumor among NFL teams in Las Vegas during the week leading up to the SB was that the Bills would be trying to trade Diggs this off-season. The team he reports for would not be a logical trade destination. He wouldn’t give any additional info. 

I think it's pretty likely Beane tested the waters and may not have gotten good enough returns to warrant moving off him. Similar to Elam last trade-deadline.

I think its pretty obvious that Diggs is no longer an untouchable on this roster. There was a point where the market to trade him would start at 2 firsts. That day is long gone.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Show your work. Diggs cost them $9M in dead cap to trade in 2020. Theilen's cap hit was $12M that season.

Why?  You already showed your hand that its your personal desire he gets traded, not that you think he wants a trade.  You also stated he WONT be traded this year.

Literally you are only interested in confirmation bias info that leads to him being traded...a trade you already said wouldn't happen this year.

Yet you here you are still trying to talk like he is despite saying he wont be.  You have no interest in discussing any facts that could suggest you are not going to get your wish.

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  You already showed your hand that its your personal desire he gets traded, not that you think he wants a trade.  You also stated he WONT be traded this year.

Literally you are only interested in confirmation bias info that leads to him being traded...a trade you already said wouldn't happen this year.

Yet you here you are still trying to talk like he is despite saying he wont be.  You have no interest in discussing any facts that could suggest you are not going to get your wish.

Reverse projection alert.  Look in the mirror, my friend.

Just now, FireChans said:

Reverse projection alert.  Look in the mirror, my friend.

Sticking to facts and direct statements while ignoring click bait and social media nonesense isn't a projection though.  

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Sticking to facts and direct statements while ignoring click bait and social media nonesense isn't a projection though.  

Like the facts that I posted above about Diggs' tenure in Minnesota? That you tried to handwave away to suit your confirmation bias that the situations are completely different, but of course, you can't prove it.

It's very funny about confirmation bias.  Like confirming that the "smoke" around a trade is very valid when the trade would, in your opinion, benefit the Bills.

So in 2020, when there were articles a flying about Diggs potentially being moved (articles that were hotly denied by their GM at the time and of course, Diggs said he wanted to be there two years prior), you were quite passionate that "there's plenty of smoke about a deal."

But now, the same smoke flies around, and it's all..... my "trade Diggs agenda."

Edited by FireChans

25 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Like the facts that I posted above about Diggs' tenure in Minnesota? That you tried to handwave away to suit your confirmation bias that the situations are completely different, but of course, you can't prove it.

It's very funny about confirmation bias.  Like confirming that the "smoke" around a trade is very valid when the trade would, in your opinion, benefit the Bills.

So in 2020, when there were articles a flying about Diggs potentially being moved (articles that were hotly denied by their GM at the time and of course, Diggs said he wanted to be there two years prior), you were quite passionate that "there's plenty of smoke about a deal."

But now, the same smoke flies around, and it's all..... my "trade Diggs agenda."

There is not the same smoke flying around, that is the issue.  You are manufacturing smoke that isn't there.  You know it too, hence why you have said you know he isn't getting traded this year.

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

There is not the same smoke flying around, that is the issue.  You are manufacturing smoke that isn't there.  You know it too, hence why you have said you know he isn't getting traded this year.

1 hour ago, BarleyNY said:

I heard this just after the SB from a reporter for an NFL team not in the AFCE and think I can share it now. The reporter said that the big rumor among NFL teams in Las Vegas during the week leading up to the SB was that the Bills would be trying to trade Diggs this off-season. The team he reports for would not be a logical trade destination. He wouldn’t give any additional info. 

You’re right Alpha. Not only am I impersonating @BarleyNY, I also impersonated an NFL reporter to spread this rumor.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

You’re right Alpha. Not only am I impersonating @BarleyNY, I also impersonated an NFL reporter to spread this rumor.

Well there you have it.  Its a done deal.  He is as good as gone.  How could anyone ever doubt that.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Did I manufacture that smoke?  Yes or no?

Did I say 100% of all smoke was manufactured by you and that media or other posters have had no part in it?  LOL

That isn't smoke...the media is the one selling a Diggs discontent, trade, etc the hardest for clicks, shocker that a media reporter might call that a rumor.

You and I have very different ideas of what is reliable information and just unsubstantiated nonsense that goes around every off season. 

• Agree 1

Did I say 100% of all smoke was manufactured by you and that media or other posters have had no part in it?  LOL

That isn't smoke...the media is the one selling a Diggs discontent, trade, etc the hardest for clicks, shocker that a media reporter might call that a rumor.

You and I have very different ideas of what is reliable information and just unsubstantiated nonsense that goes around every off season. 

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I mean, kinda?

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Excerpt:

Reality v. Fan Fiction and Clickbait Media.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/report-vikings-unlikely-to-part-ways-with-stefon-diggs

Reality vs Clickbait Media.

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I mean, kinda?

Lol, youre just being ridiculous now.

But hey, if you think that info is so solid...wanna bet on it?  I will take he will be a Buffalo Bill week 1 and you can bet that he won't be and will start the season on another team.  And we can make a friendly wager.  

I am not even saying its impossible he won't get traded.  I mean the only untouchable player is Allen...I just don't believe Beane will do it unless the situation blew up or he got an offer he couldn't turn down even that made the cap hit worth it.  

But...until I see something blow up, or I see a team that wants to send Beane a bounty he can't say no to, I think I like my odds he will be here week 1.

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

"Minnesota traded him" is what you've got as your smoking gun for everything. 

Minnesota trading him in 2020 when he was younger and cheaper vs. us doing it now, especially after his 18.5m salary has become guaranteed, is not a 1 to 1 comparison. 

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'll give it a go to explain.  Please excuse me if I describe stuff you know, but nothing will make sense unless the basics are known.

NFL contracts are divided into roughly two bins: bonus money, and yearly cash.  

Yearly cash is stuff like salary (paid per game), workout bonuses, and roster bonuses.  Salary may or may not be guaranteed

That really ought to be what Allen says to Diggs whenever Diggs yells.  Catch the damned ball, Stefon.

Thanks!  Great explanaation!

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, youre just being ridiculous now.

But hey, if you think that info is so solid...wanna bet on it?  I will take he will be a Buffalo Bill week 1 and you can bet that he won't be and will start the season on another team.  And we can make a friendly wager.  

I am not even saying its impossible he won't get traded.  I mean the only untouchable player is Allen...I just don't believe Beane will do it unless the situation blew up or he got an offer he couldn't turn down even that made the cap hit worth it.  

But...until I see something blow up, or I see a team that wants to send Beane a bounty he can't say no to, I think I like my odds he will be here week 1.

I think the odds are that he will be a Bill week 1 are higher than not.

If you don't think it's impossible that he's traded, why are you so vehemently arguing he won't get traded, using things like Diggs' comments 2 years ago as proof?

Bizarre stuff, to say the least.

1 hour ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

"Minnesota traded him" is what you've got as your smoking gun for everything. 

Minnesota trading him in 2020 when he was younger and cheaper vs. us doing it now is not a 1 to 1 comparison. 

I thought it was a very fun example of how an article saying a player won't get traded being wrong a mere 4 weeks later means an article saying a player won't get traded is probably not the greatest evidence in the world.

Just like Diggs' comments about wanting to stay in Minnesota a year before he was traded from Minnesota means that Diggs' comments from last summer about wanting to retire a Bill mean nothing.

Why do you think there's smoke around AJ Brown getting moved in Philly and not Devonta Smith?  Because..... wait for it..... he's been traded once before.

Again, as above, I lean more towards Diggs staying for 2024 but I find your and Alpha's arguments to be less than persuasive. I think Diggs will be here because his cap hit is high and because the return will probably not be worth it. And because even though he was trending towards washed in the back half of the season, I think he can probably still play in the NFL in 2024 and is decent insurance for any rookie that comes in to not be the #1 out of the gate.

But that's it.  Articles that say he won't be traded = worthless. Diggs saying he wanted to retire a Bill last off-season = worthless.

And if Diggs is traded before week 1, I promise the both of you that I will come back into this topic and demand you kiss the ring and clown you for eternity. Ask @Alphadawg7, I still clown him about takes from 12 years ago.

23 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If you don't think it's impossible that he's traded, why are you so vehemently arguing he won't get traded, using things like Diggs' comments 2 years ago as proof?

I have not once used comments from Diggs 2 years ago.  All the comments I referenced Diggs said were made THIS offseason. 

I thought it was a very fun example of how an article saying a player won't get traded being wrong a mere 4 weeks later means an article saying a player won't get traded is probably not the greatest evidence in the world.

Just like Diggs' comments about wanting to stay in Minnesota a year before he was traded from Minnesota means that Diggs' comments from last summer about wanting to retire a Bill mean nothing.

Why do you think there's smoke around AJ Brown getting moved in Philly and not Devonta Smith?  Because..... wait for it..... he's been traded once before.

Again, as above, I lean more towards Diggs staying for 2024 but I find your and Alpha's arguments to be less than persuasive. I think Diggs will be here because his cap hit is high and because the return will probably not be worth it. And because even though he was trending towards washed in the back half of the season, I think he can probably still play in the NFL in 2024 and is decent insurance for any rookie that comes in to not be the #1 out of the gate.

But that's it.  Articles that say he won't be traded = worthless. Diggs saying he wanted to retire a Bill last off-season = worthless.

Hey, I offered you a wager, you think it is so possible and Minn vs Buff scenarios are so similar, take the wager.  Truth is, youre not as dumb as posts, so you know the situations for Minn back then and Buff today are different and he is most likely not going to be traded so you won't take the bet. 

And if Diggs is traded before week 1, I promise the both of you that I will come back into this topic and demand you kiss the ring and clown you for eternity. Ask @Alphadawg7, I still clown him about takes from 12 years ago.

WHAT?  LMAO...I just gave you a chance to commit to him being traded, you backed off and refused the wager.  You are doing what you always do...you pretend to take a stance but don't really.  You already told me up thread multiple times he won't be traded this year.  You just said it again above and declined to take my wager on it.

So you don't get to say "he won't get traded" then come back and gloat if something changes and he does get traded as if you told us so.  

Here is your chance:  Stop waffling like a coward.  If you want bragging rights, then make it clear now that you are saying he WILL be traded THIS year.  Otherwise, GTFOH with the kiss the ring nonsense.  Don't even think about claiming a victory lap if he gets traded because the only decisive thing you have said is actually that he most likely won't get traded this year...same thing I and others have said.   

And as far as that one take 12 years ago...It is utterly hilarious to me that you don't seem to realize that only being able to hold that one take over my head from 12 years ago is actually quite the compliment to me and the quality of my posting.  If I was to hold all your bad takes over head in a post it might crash the site lol.  And being wrong about Spiller being a RB1 after he put up something like an 1800 combined yard season the year before is something I can live with.  

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I have not once used comments from Diggs 2 years ago.  All the comments I referenced Diggs said were made THIS offseason. 

Hey, I offered you a wager, you think it is so possible and Minn vs Buff scenarios are so similar, take the wager.  Truth is, youre not as dumb as posts, so you know the situations for Minn back then and Buff today are different and he is most likely not going to be traded so you won't take the bet. 

WHAT?  LMAO...I just gave you a chance to commit to him being traded, you backed off and refused the wager.  You are doing what you always do...you pretend to take a stance but don't really.  You already told me up thread multiple times he won't be traded this year.  You just said it again above and declined to take my wager on it.

So you don't get to say "he won't get traded" then come back and gloat if something changes and he does get traded as if you told us so.  

Here is your chance:  Stop waffling like a coward.  If you want bragging rights, then make it clear now that you are saying he WILL be traded THIS year.  Otherwise, GTFOH with the kiss the ring nonsense.  Don't even think about claiming a victory lap if he gets traded because the only decisive thing you have said is actually that he most likely won't get traded this year...same thing I and others have said.   

And as far as that one take 12 years ago...It is utterly hilarious to me that you don't seem to realize that only being able to hold that one take over my head from 12 years ago is actually quite the compliment to me and the quality of my posting.  If I was to hold all your bad takes over head in a post it might crash the site lol.  And being wrong about Spiller being a RB1 after he put up something like an 1800 combined yard season the year before is something I can live with.  

I'll take that bet

+550 he gets traded before season starts

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I'll take that bet

+550 he gets traded before season starts

Lol...you want odds?  What is this Vegas?  I ain't your bookie, we bet like men, straight up man to man.  You wan't odds, make the trek to Vegas. 

Lol...you want odds?  What is this Vegas?  I ain't your bookie, we bet like men, straight up man to man.  You wan't odds, make the trek to Vegas. 

😂😂 Suddenly not so confident

'bet like men' lol 

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s cowardly to not take what I consider to be a bad bet? You didn’t even give me odds, so I assume you want even money. That’s coinflip odds, and I don’t take coinflip odds on something that isn’t a 50-50 proposition. If I HAD to place a bet, I would bet on him being here. I also won’t be surprised if he’s moved. 

I am absolutely going to claim a victory lap. I will laugh and laugh and laugh. I will quote this thread for a millennia. The atomic bombs I will drop will make @BillsFanForever19’s Hines thread look like a water gun. 

The best thing about me clowning you about takes from 12 years ago is that all I have to do is mention it, and you immediately get all riled up. That’s the real victory lmao. 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

'bet like men' lol 

Next time @Alphadawg7 gets in some argument about Allen winning MVP or the Bills going the AFCCG or whatever, im going to offer him even money that it won’t happen lol.

1 minute ago, GoBills808 said:

'bet like men' lol 

You are the one who asked for odds in a personal bet between 2 people.  You are also the one so certain he gets traded.  So lets make the bet or pipe down.  

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

You are the one who asked for odds in a personal bet between 2 people.  You are also the one so certain he gets traded.  So lets make the bet or pipe down.  

😂😂 ok chief enjoy yourself

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

It’s cowardly to not take what I consider to be a bad bet? You didn’t even give me odds, so I assume you want even money. That’s coinflip odds, and I don’t take coinflip odds on something that isn’t a 50-50 proposition. If I HAD to place a bet, I would bet on him being here. I also won’t be surprised if he’s moved. 

I am absolutely going to claim a victory lap. I will laugh and laugh and laugh. I will quote this thread for a millennia. The atomic bombs I will drop will make @BillsFanForever19’s Hines thread look like a water gun. 

The best thing about me clowning you about takes from 12 years ago is that all I have to do is mention it, and you immediately get all riled up. That’s the real victory lmao. 

Next time @Alphadawg7 gets in some argument about Allen winning MVP or the Bills going the AFCCG or whatever, im going to offer him even money that it won’t happen lol.

real men light their equity on fire whenever they get the chance

4 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Or they stop posting and admit they are a yellow bellied coward!

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I said you are a coward because you want to hedge your bets so you can try and not be wrong while somehow pretending to be right.  I get it, as often as you are wrong you need to try and create some mirages once in a while to save face.  

Your take of you don't expect him to be traded but wouldn't be surprised if he was is a totally reasonable take.  And if you posted like that, you would be fine.  But you don't...you antagonize those who, like you, think its much more likely he won't be traded as if they are crazy for not buying into the he is about to be traded conspiracies.  

You do this so you can say I told you so if he does...and if he doesn't say "I never said he was going to get traded, I said he most likely wasn't".  And again, the take isn't what is wrong, its your pompous attitude to everyone who doesn't believe he will as if you are certain he will while still saying he probably wont be.  

LOL, riled up not.  I love it when you bring it up, I take it as a compliment.  And if you get a victory lap then so do I because I have said multiple times now that only Allen is untouchable and its not impossible for Diggs to get traded.  I just don't buy he is about to without something significant happening or Beane getting a crazy offer.  You see, we both are saying the same thing...so guess we both get a victory lap by your definition.  

Funny, I said Allen wasn't gonna win MVP...so think you got your stories mixed up per usual.  And hey, unlike you I was willing to commit to a prediction and we almost made the AFCCG.  No regrets on that either, that was a great and fun thread.  

9 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Got it, so no bet you are saying.  Guess you need odds...which just means you do actually know that its much more likely he won't be traded...like you don't even feel its a 50/50 chance or you would take the bet.  Weird...feels like a different vibe than your previous posts in this thread. 

Like I have been saying...its been about your guys personal want of a trade, not that there is any real evidence he is on the verge of being traded or actively shopped. 

And there is nothing wrong with even wanting him to be traded...just seems unnecessary to manipulate info to make Diggs a villain just to try and manifest your wishes.  And that is really the thing so many are pushing back on.

20 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Got it, so no bet you are saying.  Guess you need odds...which just means you do actually know that its much more likely he won't be traded...like you don't even feel its a 50/50 chance or you would take the bet.  Weird...feels like a different vibe than your previous posts in this thread. 

Like I have been saying...its been about your guys personal want of a trade, not that there is any real evidence he is on the verge of being traded or actively shopped. 

And there is nothing wrong with even wanting him to be traded...just seems unnecessary to manipulate info to make Diggs a villain just to try and manifest your wishes.  And that is really the thing so many are pushing back on.

allow me to clarify

i am not interested in a straight bet on Diggs being traded

my 'vibe' in this thread is very much aligned w +500ish proposal

i WILL accept an even money bet that 90% of people posting in this thread think it's more likely Diggs isn't traded

i don't think Diggs is a villain but a potentially useful trade asset

10 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

allow me to clarify

i am not interested in a straight bet on Diggs being traded

my 'vibe' in this thread is very much aligned w +500ish proposal

i WILL accept an even money bet that 90% of people posting in this thread think it's more likely Diggs isn't traded

i don't think Diggs is a villain but a potentially useful trade asset

Now that I agree with...at least 90% of this thread know Diggs is most likely not going to be traded because the team can not afford the cap hit, we are a team with SB aspirations still this year, McD has a proven record of not wanting to lean hard on rookies unless he has to, and neither Diggs nor Beane seem to want a split.  

Like I said, no one outside Allen is untouchable though.  Diggs does something that makes his presence here a detriment to the teams goals or some team foolishly offers such a bounty that make the cap ramifications are worth the trade, then sure he can be traded.  But so far, there are no major issues despite many of you trying to spin every Diggs tweet into one, and its doubtful someone is gonna offer a bounty for Diggs at his age during an insanely deep and talented WR draft.  

But most of the stuff in this thread is a few people trying to manufacture drama where there is none currently with Diggs to try and propel their own person desire of him being traded.  And whether you are or not, others certainly are trying to twist things and make Diggs out to be a Villain and are pushing for him to be traded. 

Edited by Alphadawg7

53 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I said you are a coward because you want to hedge your bets so you can try and not be wrong while somehow pretending to be right.  I get it, as often as you are wrong you need to try and create some mirages once in a while to save face.  

Your take of you don't expect him to be traded but wouldn't be surprised if he was is a totally reasonable take.  And if you posted like that, you would be fine.  But you don't...you antagonize those who, like you, think its much more likely he won't be traded as if they are crazy for not buying into the he is about to be traded conspiracies.  

You do this so you can say I told you so if he does...and if he doesn't say "I never said he was going to get traded, I said he most likely wasn't".  And again, the take isn't what is wrong, its your pompous attitude to everyone who doesn't believe he will as if you are certain he will while still saying he probably wont be.  

LOL, riled up not.  I love it when you bring it up, I take it as a compliment.  And if you get a victory lap then so do I because I have said multiple times now that only Allen is untouchable and its not impossible for Diggs to get traded.  I just don't buy he is about to without something significant happening or Beane getting a crazy offer.  You see, we both are saying the same thing...so guess we both get a victory lap by your definition.  

Funny, I said Allen wasn't gonna win MVP...so think you got your stories mixed up per usual.  And hey, unlike you I was willing to commit to a prediction and we almost made the AFCCG.  No regrets on that either, that was a great and fun thread.  

Buddy, what you think is "antagonizing" is actually called "arguing your evidence."

I can say, "Diggs isn't gonna get traded because the sky is green." Someone can disagree with the sky being green, without disagreeing about the premise. Like I said, I found your evidence and arguments not persuasive and I told you so.

As far as treating other people like they're crazy, I'd advise you to read some of your posts in this thread. I linked a few below. And I'd advise you, to again. look in the mirror. Because you really are a textbook example of projecting.

I also never said you thought  Allen was gonna win MVP. It was an example.

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except he's not really, he has FLAT OUT stated he wants to be a Bill, retire a Bill, loves Josh, and hopes he isn't traded.  You guys just are sooooooo desperate for drama and for every other tweet to mean something nefarious.

What is absolutely crazy to me is that you people actually believe conspiracy theories, rumors, and click bait nonsense more than you actually believe DIRECT FACTS coming out of the mouth of ALL the people in question.  Beane, Josh, Diggs, etc have all flat out made concise and clear statements about Diggs and his future here this year...yet you people disregard all of it as if its NOT true info and instead just make up your own theories using your Cracker Jack Secret Decoder Rings to decipher things to mean something totally different.  

Heck, if I was him, I would just troll all the internet trolls on the regular because it's going to happen no matter what he does or posts.  

So I don't feel sorry for gullible internet slaves who fall for every click bait article and internet rumor that go get themselves all worked up about nothing.

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Lol, as if that would change anything.  Didn't stop any of you when he came out and said he wants to retire a Bill and hopes he isn't traded...you ALL still piled on him even then and just called him a liar.  

So maybe stop making up stupid narratives off meaningless tweets

6 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You see...this is your issue.  You think direct answers are fake and if you believe facts its looking at it with "rose colored glasses" and that its less reliable than the confirmation bias conspiracy theories you tin foil hat wearers come up with.

So maybe you should stop wearing the tin foil hat.

It was this offseason where he stated he wants to retire a Bill, hopes he isn't traded and that Josh is family.  He made it clear like a month ago he doesn't want to be traded, he directly stated that and directly stated he wants to retire a Bill. 

The guy who posted these 3 posts in the last 7 hrs has a problem with me "antagonizing" folks and treating them like they are crazy. there are not enough LMAO's on earth

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, FireChans said:

Wait, so you're saying that you lean towards him staying on this team, just as I do. But if he is traded, you're going to take personal victory laps for being right that he *was* traded, and clown me for all eternity?

Talk about having your cake and eating it too.

There is no losing here for you - as if he stays, you'll say "well yeah, I leaned that way the whole time" - even though your entire footprint on this thread has been disagreeing with anyone who says it's unlikely to happen and anyone who reads into what's said as anything but the worst. 

Honestly, I don't think our stances are all that different. We're just coming from different sides of it. Your stance is he'll most likely be here, but you oppose people who think there's no chance he could be moved. My stance is that he'll most likely be here, but I oppose people who see no chance that his tweets mean anything but the worst and that it's likely, if not, necessary we trade him in 2024 and can't wait for 2025.

At this moment, I don't see it happening. Am I closed off to the idea that things could change? No. If he were to wake up tomorrow and take to Twitter and clearly (not cryptically) state he wants out, that would be different than where we're at right now. Which is just fans and a portion of the media running with assumptions, rumor, and innuendo passed as fact.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Buddy, what you think is "antagonizing" is actually called "arguing your evidence."

I can say, "Diggs isn't gonna get traded because the sky is green." Someone can disagree with the sky being green, without disagreeing about the premise. Like I said, I found your evidence and arguments not persuasive and I told you so.

As far as treating other people like they're crazy, I'd advise you to read some of your posts in this thread. I linked a few below. And I'd advise you, to again. look in the mirror. Because you really are a textbook example of projecting.

I also never said you thought  Allen was gonna win MVP. It was an example.

LOL...that is all very rich coming from you.  And I found your evidence to be manipulative and cherry picked to fit a confirmation bias of you wanting him traded vs it actually being evidence he might be traded as you were trying to sell it as.  

The guy who posted these 3 posts in the last 7 hrs has a problem with me "antagonizing" folks and treating them like they are crazy. there are not enough LMAO's on earth

Lol...its a message board...you are just as active.  Its kind of the point.

Edited by Alphadawg7

6 hours ago, Beck Water said:

On the one hand....if a team is legitimately putting out feelers to shop a player, I imagine it's hard to keep a lid on it and it sounds like you have a good source.

On the other hand....Beane and the Bills are apparently notoriously close-mouthed and close-to-the-vest about trades, and Beane has said a lot of times when they are linked as being interested in a trade, it may have come to a couple "due diligence" type "hey would you be interested in...." "hey is this player available?..." type phone calls.

Here’s how I look at it: At one extreme it could be other teams looking at the situation here and Diggs’ history and making an educated guess. That does not necessarily mean anything is cooking. At the other extreme it could be that the feelers have been put out and the Bills are trying to find a trade partner. Either way - or somewhere in the middle - it isn’t difficult to believe that people who run in NFL circles - like Lombardi - got wind of the chatter. 

As for what I think. There’s too much smoke for it to be nothing. I think that the Bills would like to be able to move on from Diggs as soon as possible, but I don’t know if it’s feasible to do so at this time. I think that if a team made it worth their while, then they’d do it. I just don’t know that it’s in the cards though. I think he’s probably here until next off-season when he’s a post 6/1 designated cut. But if a team gets desperate and the Bills draft goes well, then that’s a different story. 

11 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

Here’s how I look at it: At one extreme it could be other teams looking at the situation here and Diggs’ history and making an educated guess. That does not necessarily mean anything is cooking. At the other extreme it could be that the feelers have been put out and the Bills are trying to find a trade partner. Either way - or somewhere in the middle - it isn’t difficult to believe that people who run in NFL circles - like Lombardi - got wind of the chatter. 

As for what I think. There’s too much smoke for it to be nothing. I think that the Bills would like to be able to move on from Diggs as soon as possible, but I don’t know if it’s feasible to do so at this time. I think that if a team made it worth their while, then they’d do it. I just don’t know that it’s in the cards though. I think he’s probably here until next off-season when he’s a post 6/1 designated cut. But if a team gets desperate and the Bills draft goes well, then that’s a different story. 

When you say "too much smoke for it to be nothing", are you talking about trade rumors?

Or are you talking about rumors that all is not joy and sunshine in Dealing with Diggs at One Bills Drive?

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

But most of the stuff in this thread is a few people trying to manufacture drama where there is none currently with Diggs to try and propel their own person desire of him being traded.  And whether you are or not, others certainly are trying to twist things and make Diggs out to be a Villain and are pushing for him to be traded. 

But there was drama being told to us by Diggs.   

1.  "Ready for watever" indicates from Diggs that movement is possible.  I thought it could have been provoked because Diggs turned down a request by Beane to take a pay cut.  Don't you think that happened?  After declining the pay cut Diggs could have been anxious that Beane didn't want to pay him.

2.  "Well..." hours before the guarantee kicked in supports the above.  Could be considered poking Beane a little, like what are you going to do about it.  Seems like kind of a toothless threat out of Beane.

3.  Diggs listing his stats for the past four years could be seen as trying to justify his salary to the fans.  And to be honest, Diggs has a point, look at what Ridley got.

So IMO, there was some drama.  Still is, a little, we haven't seen how Beane reacts when a player gets the better of him.  These guys have egos.

It doesn't mean Diggs wants to leave Buffalo

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

When you say "too much smoke for it to be nothing", are you talking about trade rumors?

Or are you talking about rumors that all is not joy and sunshine in Dealing with Diggs at One Bills Drive?

It is a combination of everything. Diggs’ actions, rumors among NFL teams and chatter from OBD. It’s been obvious he hasn’t been happy here. He took the bag so he’s dealing with it, but he’s frustrated. And I think the team is with him too.

Now we are at about the point in the player-team lifecycle that teams move on from highly talented and highly paid players - especially ones who are a PITA. Diggs’ performance is starting to wane and soon we will see his contributions drop below his cost. The team sees it coming - and so does the rest of the league. They might not part ways this off-season, but it’ll be soon. 

22 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I mean from a cap perspective alone, I don't doubt that Beane would be happy to get rid of both his and Von's contracts right now to spread that money out over other needs, but just the economics make it a tough move.  Von's for obvious reasons, he is just not likely going to return the value of what he is being paid at his age after his torn ACL.  

Diggs is different though, because he still is a good player on a team with SB aspirations still and his cap ramifications are big.  But if Diggs contract was more tradeable, I would not be surprised at all if they shopped Diggs to shed cap and get younger through a WR rich draft.  Finding a stud WR1 on a rookie contract to pair with Allen's next 5 prime years would be ideal.  

But, for Beane to pull the trigger now, his hand would almost have to be forced with Diggs either being a disruptive force in the locker room or a team willing to make an offer too good to pass up.  And given he was a Captain this year, it seems doubtful there is much smoke that is accurate to him being any type of cancer or disruptive force in the locker room because they wouldn't have named him captain.  And the eye test sure looked like Diggs and the team were all good all season.  

As far as a team making an offer Beane couldn't refuse, what team makes sense to do that for Diggs who is 31 this season and in a draft which is one of the best, and could be the best ,WR draft in history in terms of top tier prospects and depth heading into it.  People keep saying the Texans, but they are not desperate at WR and could easily just take one in the first just like we can if they really wanted to and have him on a rookie deal to grow with Stroud.  

The Texans are where we were the first time we lost to the Chiefs in the AFCCG.  Ascending team to watch, who made a nice run, but are not a one player away from a SB team.  So doesn't make a lot of sense to offer Bills a bounty for Diggs to make it worth the cap hits we would take.  

The media keeps trying force a drama narrative with Diggs because drama sells.  But the facts around the Bills that are known...the direct statements, the fun they have on the field, making him a captian, his pride as a captain, etc all suggest that it isn't as bad as the narrative being pushed is suggesting.  

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

It is a combination of everything. Diggs’ actions, rumors among NFL teams and chatter from OBD. It’s been obvious he hasn’t been happy here. He took the bag so he’s dealing with it, but he’s frustrated. And I think the team is with him too.

Now we are at about the point in the player-team lifecycle that teams move on from highly talented and highly paid players - especially ones who are a PITA. Diggs’ performance is starting to wane and soon we will see his contributions drop below his cost. The team sees it coming - and so does the rest of the league. They might not part ways this off-season, but it’ll be soon. 

Irrespective of any questions of happiness/unhappiness, I agree that Diggs looks to be at the point where his performance is starting to wane.

Which means his ROI for pay vs performance is on its the way to dropping below his cost.

But because of the way his contract is structured, I don't see it as possible to move him this season. 

And if the "chatter" you reference is correct that he's a frustrated unhappy camper playing on a team that's been 13-3, 11-6, 13-3, 11-6 during his tenure and with one of the best QB in the game throwing to him, I would think it would disincline trade partners to line up and bid for him.

After all, this would be the second winning team on which he was frustrated and unhappy; the Vikes were 11-5, 13-3, 10-6 3 of his 5 years there, during which he had a top-10 passing QB throwing to him and went to a conf. championship.

If you're unhappy in one location on a successful team: maybe it's them, maybe it's you.  If you're unhappy in a second location on a second successful team: well, there's one element in common.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

But there was drama being told to us by Diggs.   

1.  "Ready for watever" indicates from Diggs that movement is possible.  I thought it could have been provoked because Diggs turned down a request by Beane to take a pay cut.  Don't you think that happened?  After declining the pay cut Diggs could have been anxious that Beane didn't want to pay him.

I mean honestly almost everything Diggs tweets about has nothing to do with Football, so no, I don't automatically take that as movement is possible.  To specifically answer your question about the pay cut, no I don't at all think that this tweet is a result of Beane asking him to take a pay cut.  I am not seeing the connection between the tweet and thinking it likely indicates Beane asked him to take a pay cut.  

Doesn't mean Beane didn't ask him, I have no idea if he did or did not, just answering your question if I think this tweet means that happened.

2.  "Well..." hours before the guarantee kicked in supports the above.  Could be considered poking Beane a little, like what are you going to do about it.  Seems like kind of a toothless threat out of Beane.

Beane doesn't have a twitter, so him tweeting at Beane doesn't really track IMHO.  Especially in such a vague way where it mentions nothing about football or Beane.  Its much more plausible he is referring to the "he is gonna be traded before the deadline" crowd and trolling them saying "well" as in where is this trade people keep claiming is coming on social or it had nothing to do with football at all.

3.  Diggs listing his stats for the past four years could be seen as trying to justify his salary to the fans.  And to be honest, Diggs has a point, look at what Ridley got.

He didn't list his stats, he retweeted someone else listing his stats.  I mean WR's do this all the time and him doing it when fans are giving him crap on social media every day is probably all that was about.  

So IMO, there was some drama.  Still is, a little, we haven't seen how Beane reacts when a player gets the better of him.  These guys have egos.

It doesn't mean Diggs wants to leave Buffalo

Fair if you think that is drama, but I honestly can't get there on that stuff.  None of that at all seems to indicate discontent with the Bills or him trying to force his way out.  He just stated publicly this off season that he wants to retire a bill, not be traded, and hopes to be here this year.

Plus why doesn't his post of say just a red heart get the same assumption its football related as the other posts?  Couldn't that mean he loves where he is at?  No one comments on that because they can't twist that to mean drama and he wants out.  You see, he isn't getting fair treatment...people cherry pick the vague tweets (which he has always posted) that can be twisted and made to look like drama to keep the story going for clicks or to confirm a bias.  Yet they don't do that on the ones that suggest he is happy or chill or even take his direct comments of wanting to be here seriously.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1