Mock draft simulators.

Bigvinny

5 hours ago, HaldimandBills said:

Playing around with the different mock draft simulators and I dont think its unreasonable to trade up in the 2nd round if we find a few recievers are slipping out of the 1st round. Using this method I have a few times ended up with the ability to draft two receivers from the following group. 

Xavier Worthy

Adonai Mitchell

Xaiver Legette

Keon Coleman

Ladd McConkey

Troy Franklin

Ja'Lynn Polk

In fact in every mock draft I've ended up with two of these guys by picking at # 28 and trading into the top 40 using our # 60 and 133 pick and a 2nd next year. 

Obviously mock draft simulators isn't reality but I see a world where the Bills could double dip on two of these guys. 

And while it might make heads explode with those 6 WRs all available at 28,  We could trade down and still get 2!

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Fanspeak, CBS Sports- Josh Edwards BB. Speed kills right. Made the trade to secure Legettes.

Trade Partner: Cleveland Browns

Sent:

Round 2 Pick 28

Round 4 Pick 28

Round 5 Pick 25

Received:

Round 2 Pick 22

28: R1 P28 WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas

54: R2 P22 WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina

133: R4 P33 S Cole Bishop - Utah

144: R5 P9 WR Roman Wilson - Michigan

163: R5 P28 RB Jaylen Wright - Tennessee

196: R6 P20 DL Khristian Boyd - Northern Iiowa

200: R6 P24 TE Tip Reiman - Illinois

248: R7 P28 LB Jalyx Hunt - Houston Christian

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

First crack at a post-Diggs draft which means the Bills are drafting at least 2 WRs... maybe even 3. Let's go.

*** trade ***

From BUF: #28

To BUF: #35, #71, #226

Why: Arizona moves up for Bo Nix offering 2024 capital which we really need. With Mitchell, Thomas and McConkey still on the board, we're gambling one lasts to 35. If Beane loves one he takes him here probably, but 71 is right in a golden zone in this draft to fill roster holes with '24 contributors.

PICK: 35 RND: 2 (BUF)   Adonai MITCHELL   WR Texas

And one does make to to #35. Phew.

*** trade ***

From BUF: #60

To BUF: #67, #100, 2025 7th

Why: There's a lot to choose from here at premium positions like Edge (Solomon, Kamara) and Tackle (Sumaiata, Amegadjie). The draft really seems to fall off around 100 to 110 so adding a pick in that range could pay off big.

PICK: 67 RND: 3 (BUF)    Kingsley SUAMATAIA   OT BYU

The Mailata contract (and the Jason Peters history) shows the value of a freak athlete at tackle. Insurance against loss of Brown in '25, and entering as a Sophomore at age 21 gives him a lot of runway for devlopment.

PICK: 71 RND: 3 (BUF)   Ricky PEARSALL   WR Florida

Mitchell is the X with WR1 upside, this is a guy to help Shakir take up Diggs slack as a chain-mover. Could have gone for Devontez Walker here to bring in another X with WR1 potential, and maybe should have with Shakir and Samuel in the fold? Eh, whatever, I clicked it, I own it.

PICK: 100 RND: 3 (BUF)   Calen BULLOCK   S USC

Didn't expect this guy to be available at this spot. A rangy ball-hawk with room for physical development and an early declare as well, he ticks all the boxes for OBD at this point in the draft.

PICK: 128 RND: 4 (BUF)   Isaac GUERENDO   RB Louisville

Solomon and Kamara are still on the board (prefer Kamara) but the home run hitter at this point in the draft just can't be ignored.

PICK: 134 RND: 4 (BUF)   Jarrian JONES   CB Florida State

Baltimore takes Kamara because of course they do, but I got a guy I'm looking for in the 5th or 6th round at edge. We've talked in previous mocks about what a scheme-fit Jones seems to be, I keep coming back to him in this range.

PICK: 144 RND: 5 (BUF)   Mason MCCORMICK   OT South Dakota State

Super-athletic development prospect for IOL positions.

PICK: 160 RND: 5 (BUF)   Jordan JEFFERSON   DT LSU

Super-athletic development prospect for IDL positions.

PICK: 163 RND: 5 (BUF)   Myles COLE   DE-EDGE Texas Tech

Here's my guy. The first of the Texas Tech freaks, another Groot at 6'6" 278 and laying it down in sub-4.7. 

PICK: 200 RND: 6 (BUF)   M.J. DEVONSHIRE   CB Pittsburgh

A late-round zone corner from Pitt? That trick always works.

PICK: 204 RND: 6 (BUF)   Curtis JACOBS   LB Penn State

Early entry from Linebacker U, at worst shoud be a core ST guy.

PICK: 226 RND: 7 (BUF)   Tyler OWENS   S Texas Tech

An absolute burner (4.3) with very limited college experience will need coached up, and that's what McDermott is for.

PICK: 248 RND: 7 (BUF)   Bub MEANS   WR Pittsburgh

Solid value here. A thick athlete at 6'1" 212 with long arms, big hands and elite short-area metrics, but will need to learn pro-style route running, which is why a Malachi Corley with a very similar physical profile goes in round 2 and not here.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

And while it might make heads explode with those 6 WRs all available at 28,  We could trade down and still get 2!

I've come around to this kind of thinking. If it was a draft where there were maybe 5 guys who could a) contribute this year and b) with WR1 upside then the move up to get one makes sense. But it's the historic depth in this draft at WR that lets you take swings on Day 2 and Day 3 and some of those guys will be big time stars in this league. I'm feeling like this might be Beane's angle on it as well. After going through a couple mocks, the board keeps steering me in that direction, and picking up extra pick(s) in the 60-100 range is key to filling the losses of the cap reset now underway.

10 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

First crack at a post-Diggs draft which means the Bills are drafting at least 2 WRs... maybe even 3. Let's go.

*** trade ***

From BUF: #28

To BUF: #35, #71, #226

Why: Arizona moves up for Bo Nix offering 2024 capital which we really need. With Mitchell, Thomas and McConkey still on the board, we're gambling one lasts to 35. If Beane loves one he takes him here probably, but 71 is right in a golden zone in this draft to fill roster holes with '24 contributors.

PICK: 35 RND: 2 (BUF)   Adonai MITCHELL   WR Texas

And one does make to to #35. Phew.

*** trade ***

From BUF: #60

To BUF: #67, #100, 2025 7th

Why: There's a lot to choose from here at premium positions like Edge (Solomon, Kamara) and Tackle (Sumaiata, Amegadjie). The draft really seems to fall off around 100 to 110 so adding a pick in that range could pay off big.

PICK: 67 RND: 3 (BUF)    Kingsley SUAMATAIA   OT BYU

The Mailata contract (and the Jason Peters history) shows the value of a freak athlete at tackle. Insurance against loss of Brown in '25, and entering as a Sophomore at age 21 gives him a lot of runway for devlopment.

PICK: 71 RND: 3 (BUF)   Ricky PEARSALL   WR Florida

Mitchell is the X with WR1 upside, this is a guy to help Shakir take up Diggs slack as a chain-mover. Could have gone for Devontez Walker here to bring in another X with WR1 potential, and maybe should have with Shakir and Samuel in the fold? Eh, whatever, I clicked it, I own it.

PICK: 100 RND: 3 (BUF)   Calen BULLOCK   S USC

Didn't expect this guy to be available at this spot. A rangy ball-hawk with room for physical development and an early declare as well, he ticks all the boxes for OBD at this point in the draft.

PICK: 128 RND: 4 (BUF)   Isaac GUERENDO   RB Louisville

Solomon and Kamara are still on the board (prefer Kamara) but the home run hitter at this point in the draft just can't be ignored.

PICK: 134 RND: 4 (BUF)   Jarrian JONES   CB Florida State

Baltimore takes Kamara because of course they do, but I got a guy I'm looking for in the 5th or 6th round at edge. We've talked in previous mocks about what a scheme-fit Jones seems to be, I keep coming back to him in this range.

PICK: 144 RND: 5 (BUF)   Mason MCCORMICK   OT South Dakota State

Super-athletic development prospect for IOL positions.

PICK: 160 RND: 5 (BUF)   Jordan JEFFERSON   DT LSU

Super-athletic development prospect for IDL positions.

PICK: 163 RND: 5 (BUF)   Myles COLE   DE-EDGE Texas Tech

Here's my guy. The first of the Texas Tech freaks, another Groot at 6'6" 278 and laying it down in sub-4.7. 

PICK: 200 RND: 6 (BUF)   M.J. DEVONSHIRE   CB Pittsburgh

A late-round zone corner from Pitt? That trick always works.

PICK: 204 RND: 6 (BUF)   Curtis JACOBS   LB Penn State

Early entry from Linebacker U, at worst shoud be a core ST guy.

PICK: 226 RND: 7 (BUF)   Tyler OWENS   S Texas Tech

An absolute burner (4.3) with very limited college experience will need coached up, and that's what McDermott is for.

PICK: 248 RND: 7 (BUF)   Bub MEANS   WR Pittsburgh

Solid value here. A thick athlete at 6'1" 212 with long arms, big hands and elite short-area metrics, but will need to learn pro-style route running, which is why a Malachi Corley with a very similar physical profile goes in round 2 and not here.

I think if Thomas is there at #28 you HAVE to take him. Trading back would not be for me in that scenario.... but if we pretend for a moment you'd never told us he was there..... then the trades back from #28 and #60 and then your first 5 player selections would be very much a win for me. I'm more mixed on your later round guys but they are shots in the dark to an extent anyway. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ScorpionZero said:

Fanspeak, CBS Sports- Josh Edwards BB. Speed kills right. Made the trade to secure Legettes.

Trade Partner: Cleveland Browns

Sent:

Round 2 Pick 28

Round 4 Pick 28

Round 5 Pick 25

Received:

Round 2 Pick 22

28: R1 P28 WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas

54: R2 P22 WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina

133: R4 P33 S Cole Bishop - Utah

144: R5 P9 WR Roman Wilson - Michigan

163: R5 P28 RB Jaylen Wright - Tennessee

196: R6 P20 DL Khristian Boyd - Northern Iiowa

200: R6 P24 TE Tip Reiman - Illinois

248: R7 P28 LB Jalyx Hunt - Houston Christian

I just don't see Legette still being there even at 54, let alone 60. But you know this already! LOL carry on.

I see him gone by early 40's at the very latest.

Same odds with Wilson at 144.

Would of course love this outcome though :)

• Disagree 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think if Thomas is there at #28 you HAVE to take him. Trading back would not be for me in that scenario.... but if we pretend for a moment you'd never told us he was there..... then the trades back from #28 and #60 and then your first 5 player selections would be very much a win for me. I'm more mixed on your later round guys but they are shots in the dark to an extent anyway. 

Yeah, it's a tough call, but while Thomas has been rocketing up it's really one year of production - although being that productive with Nabers on the other side is not nothing. For me it's not a lead pipe cinch that he'd be so much better than Conk or Mitchell. If your review of tape indicates that, then I'll accept that, I'm sure I haven't watched nearly as much.

The later round guys I'm looking for undervalued athletes with traits. And guys who show up in the "best available" menu on the mock draft site lol. There's a few different ways to go as you said, like Bortolini over McCormick but he's more of a dancer than the Kromer vision of nasty maulers. TBH the Washington kid at T (Rosengarten?) had also dropped into that range but I'm happy with Van Demark at swing and just had Sumaiata fall into my lap so where does he make the roster?  I'm tantalized by the Tech guys metrics, if they can be had where they are gotten in this mock. The one guy on Day 3 who wasn't that traitsy profile was the FSU CB Jones, who iirc you were also looking at in this range?

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

Yeah, it's a tough call, but while Thomas has been rocketing up it's really one year of production - although being that productive with Nabers on the other side is not nothing. For me it's not a lead pipe cinch that he'd be so much better than Conk or Mitchell. If your review of tape indicates that, then I'll accept that, I'm sure I haven't watched nearly as much.

The later round guys I'm looking for undervalued athletes with traits. And guys who show up in the "best available" menu on the mock draft site lol. There's a few different ways to go as you said, like Bortolini over McCormick but he's more of a dancer than the Kromer vision of nasty maulers. TBH the Washington kid at T (Rosengarten?) had also dropped into that range but I'm happy with Van Demark at swing and just had Sumaiata fall into my lap so where does he make the roster?  I'm tantalized by the Tech guys metrics, if they can be had where they are gotten in this mock. The one guy on Day 3 who wasn't that traitsy profile was the FSU CB Jones, who iirc you were also looking at in this range?

I like McCormick too. The Jones I was looking at was Elijah from BC but I'm not totally sold on him as a Bills fit. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Xavier Worthy

WR | Texas

Xavier Legette

WR | South Carolina

TRADE (#60 + 2025 3rd)

Mason McCormick

IOL | South Dakota State

Beaux Limmer

IOL | Arkansas

DeWayne Carter

DL | Duke

Malik Mustapha

S | Wake Forest

Jaylin Simpson

CB | Auburn

Edefuan Ulofoshio

LB | Washington

Tanor Bortolini

IOL | Wisconsin

Garret Greenfield

OL | South Dakota State

Edited by Victory Formation
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I think there is a decent change, 2024 is being viewed as a throway by the Bills.  Bills can win the division on Allen's talent, plus the current offensive roster as well. I will not be shocked if the Bills trade down/out of 28 and 60 to load up in 2025.  Something like this maybe:

image.thumb.png.0a0a4db1a9897b8a5cc43585823c63d1.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Traded down and back up along with trading for 33.

Xavier Worthy

WR | Texas

TRADE

Troy Franklin

WR | Oregon

TRADE

Devontez Walker

WR | North Carolina

TRADE

Cole Bishop

S | Utah

TRADE

Calen Bullock

S | USC

TRADE

Dominick Puni

IOL | Kansas

TRADE

Braelon Allen

RB | Wisconsin

TRADE

Javon Solomon

EDGE | Troy

TRADE

Nehemiah Pritchett

CB | Auburn

TRADE

Tip Reiman

TE | Illinois

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

My trade up/downs netted me a 2nd from SF and a 4th from AZ next year, but cost me a 3rd next year:

31. Adonai Mitchell WR Texas

66. Cole Bishop S Utah

83. Marshawn Kneeland EDGE Western Michigan

133. Jordan Jefferson DT LSU

• Like (+1) 3

Merry Xmas Josh!

Xavier Legette

WR | South Carolina

Ja'Lynn Polk

WR | Washington

Braelon Allen

RB | Wisconsin

TRADE

Ben Sinnott

TE | Kansas State

Mason McCormick

IOL | South Dakota State

Justin Eboigbe

DL | Alabama

Tommy Eichenberg

LB | Ohio State

Nelson Ceaser

EDGE | Houston

Jaylan Ford

LB | Texas

Jaden Crumedy

DL | Mississippi State

• Like (+1) 2

Brian Thomas Jr.

WR | LSU

Adonai Mitchell

WR | Texas

TRADE

Tyler Nubin

S | Minnesota

Cole Bishop

S | Utah

TRADE

Braelon Allen

RB | Wisconsin

Javon Solomon

EDGE | Troy

Nehemiah Pritchett

CB | Auburn

Tip Reiman

TE | Illinois

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 2

14. WR Brian Thomas Jr  LSU

(Saints rumored to trade down)

(28, 128, 2025 2nd via MIN/HOU) 

40. WR Xavier Legette SC 

(Commanders have two 2nds)

(60, 5th, 2025 2nd) 

133.  S  James Williams Miami 

144.  RB  Braelon Allen  Wisconsin

160.  DT  Justin Jefferson  LSU 

163.  OT  Frank Crum  Wyoming

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

40. WR Xavier Legette SC 

(60, 5th, 2025 2nd) 

Good use of next year's 2, 2nds. I'm a little surprised at Williams at safety considering what McDermott asks of them. And I must see who this Crum fellow is.

• Like (+1) 1

My favorite mock draft to date. Only giving next year's 2nd and 3rd to move up to 20 and grab Thomas Jr in front of the Dolphins. WR room is now STACKED with Legette as well in rd 2. Love the way needs get filled with value throughout remainder of draft. I grade this one an A+ lol

image.thumb.png.c3f013c356b88ce8088fae478ca0ff5e.png

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

40. WR Xavier Legette SC 

(60, 5th, 2025 2nd) 

3 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Good use of next year's 2, 2nds. I'm a little surprised at Williams at safety considering what McDermott asks of them. And I must see who this Crum fellow is.

Nobody hates James Williams as much as FSU fans, from what I've seen online. Seems like a rocked up guy who just isn't great at football. Lack of instincts and athleticism seem like major red flags this high in the draft. As a sub-package LB the player MIGHT have value down the line, is my read. 

As evidenced by latest mock (above), I LOVE Thomas and Legette in first two rounds. Take a look at my mock above for how I'd prefer the Bills approach the rest of this "type" of draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

My favorite mock draft to date. Only giving next year's 2nd and 3rd to move up to 20 and grab Thomas Jr in front of the Dolphins. WR room is now STACKED with Legette as well in rd 2. Love the way needs get filled with value throughout remainder of draft. I grade this one an A+ lol

image.thumb.png.c3f013c356b88ce8088fae478ca0ff5e.png

I like it, especially when guerendo is involved. But more so that, taking Hart and Smith offer multiple position possibilities. Hart offers superior length and thrives in zone, but could pay safety as well, I believe. And Smith can play safety but also move in to play nickel. It's like covering multiple zones with 2 people.

12 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Tykee Smith is a better choice at S, I think. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, ScorpionZero said:

I like it, especially when guerendo is involved. But more so that, taking Hart and Smith offer multiple position possibilities. Hart offers superior length and thrives in zone, but could pay safety as well, I believe. And Smith can play safety but also move in to play nickel. It's like covering multiple zones with 2 people.

I think doubling up at WR is just smart in a potentially elite WR pool when the team has such a need there. 

The S pool is not similarly stacked, but there are some guys and the Bills coaching staff seems to be better than average in developing secondary players. 

I say go heavy at both WR and DB and turn perceived weaknesses into strengths. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

I think doubling up at WR is just smart in a potentially elite WR pool when the team has such a need there. 

The S pool is not similarly stacked, but there are some guys and the Bills coaching staff seems to be better than average in developing secondary players. 

I say go heavy at both WR and DB and turn perceived weaknesses into strengths. 

It's a strong draft at CB and mediocre at S. I think they need to take a safety, but I also hope they grab a CB because of the quality at the position.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

It's a strong draft at CB and mediocre at S. I think they need to take a safety, but I also hope they grab a CB because of the quality at the position.

That's why I constantly select Pritchett, perfect for for our D.

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 2

Buffalo Fambase BB fanspeak. 

28: R1 P28 WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia

60: R2 P28 S Tyler Nubin - Minnesota

128: R4 P28 CB Nehemiah Pritchett - Auburn

133: R4 P33 WR Luke McCaffrey - Rice

144: R5 P9 WR Jamari Thrash - Louisville

160: R5 P25 RB Will Shipley - Clemson

163: R5 P28 EDGE Jalyx Hunt - Houston Christian

196: R6 P20 C Andrew Raym - Oklahoma

200: R6 P24 LB Nathaniel Watson - Mississippi State

248: R7 P28 DL Evan Anderson - FAU

4 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

That's why I constantly select Pritchett, perfect for for our D.

Buffalo Fambase BB on fanspeak. 

28: R1 P28 WR Ladd McConkey - Georgia

60: R2 P28 S Tyler Nubin - Minnesota

128: R4 P28 CB Nehemiah Pritchett - Auburn

133: R4 P33 WR Luke McCaffrey - Rice

144: R5 P9 WR Jamari Thrash - Louisville

160: R5 P25 RB Will Shipley - Clemson

163: R5 P28 EDGE Jalyx Hunt - Houston Christian

196: R6 P20 C Andrew Raym - Oklahoma

200: R6 P24 LB Nathaniel Watson - Mississippi State

248: R7 P28 DL Evan Anderson - FAU

Pro Football Network has Pritchett being a much later pick on average. His rankings have improved throughout the season, but he's still often available later on day three (usually right around where Cornelius Johnson is going, somewhere in the 190s). Insane value (so somewhat unrealistic) as I see it. 

I find many of the other mock draft sites way too trashed up with ads and popups and/or limited functionality for non-members. 

7 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

Pro Football Network has Pritchett being a much later pick on average. His rankings have improved throughout the season, but he's still often available later on day three (usually right around where Cornelius Johnson is going, somewhere in the 190s). Insane value (so somewhat unrealistic) as I see it. 

I find many of the other mock draft sites way too trashed up with ads and popups and/or limited functionality for non-members. 

I also see Pritchett later, but had to take what the board gave me. There are multiple corners that fit our system, falling at totally different times. Cam Hart, Pritchett, McGlothern. And as much as I select Pritchett, I really think McGlothern at the bottom of the draft would be perfect. And of course we can't forget where poyer and Hyde were drafted. I know they're safteys but that doesn't mean a good corner can't become.

Edited by ScorpionZero
  • Like (+1) 1