Mock draft simulators.

Bigvinny

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Pay Justin Simmons and let’s roll!!!

IMG_4351.jpeg

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Id take that in a heartbeat 

I mean, is there a Bills fan who would NOT take that early draft haul + the future picks? 

I don't love the 2nd WR or the 1st RB, but I DO love the b2b 2nd round DT and WR, even though that DT will be a rotational piece at best early on. The prospect of one of the rotational DEs making it (one of them probably ends up elsewhere, though) is nice, but there isn't much else to love unless that Penn State OC becomes essential depth (best case for him and team). So that 1st and 2nd round pick in 2025 is the real haul after those two essential 2024 pieces in rd 2.

Trading back a little bit out of the first can be wildly lucrative long term, but risky in the short term. It's difficult lately for me to run a Bills mock and NOT take the bait on at least one or two trade back offers. 

• Like (+1) 1

Am I just deluded for thinking the first 5 or 6 picks here should be contributors sooner rather than later? Of course at least one or more of them has to miss, statistically, but these seem like strong picks at positions of need and value. I think Robinson and Legette are potential game-changers. Interesting to consider such a sweeping defensive retooling while also adding a couple needed offensive pieces. 

image.thumb.png.5283e685b4ff9327a14f721687ca7999.png

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

I mean, is there a Bills fan who would NOT take that early draft haul + the future picks? 

I don't love the 2nd WR or the 1st RB, but I DO love the b2b 2nd round DT and WR, even though that DT will be a rotational piece at best early on. The prospect of one of the rotational DEs making it (one of them probably ends up elsewhere, though) is nice, but there isn't much else to love unless that Penn State OC becomes essential depth (best case for him and team). So that 1st and 2nd round pick in 2025 is the real haul after those two essential 2024 pieces in rd 2.

Trading back a little bit out of the first can be wildly lucrative long term, but risky in the short term. It's difficult lately for me to run a Bills mock and NOT take the bait on at least one or two trade back offers. 

i don't know for certain but i think Kirbs is in the camp of 2024 being a retool year. knowing, like many of us in this camp that our team isn't a top 4-6 talent. 

i think our goal should be much lower than the last 4-5 years. Win the East. Make the playoffs. Win a game. build depth. Go in 2025 in a decent cap space and if we have some extra premium picks than cool because this year has quality depth.

I really like Robinson as an inside/out player. End on early downs, inside on passing downs. The problem being as with all McDermott picks he'll have to earn his time, so drafting him that early means he'll make the team but his contribution year one, will be light.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

I really like Robinson as an inside/out player. End on early downs, inside on passing downs. The problem being as with all McDermott picks he'll have to earn his time, so drafting him that early means he'll make the team but his contribution year one, will be light.

This is where I like Maason Smith. 6'6" 315 can play anywhere and draws comps. to Calais Campbell. Could also have some Chris Jones to him. If we can get him at 128?

Just now, nosejob said:

This is where I like Maason Smith. 6'6" 315 can play anywhere and draws comps. to Calais Campbell. Could also have some Chris Jones to him. If we can get him at 128?

I like that very much, Smith is perfect at that spot. Very athletic for his size, just needs the proper coaching and motivation.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ScorpionZero said:

I like that very much, Smith is perfect at that spot. Very athletic for his size, just needs the proper coaching and motivation.

Like Latu getting poopooed and falling to us, maybe the same will work for us with Smith...( bit of an injury history etc.)

Can you imagine getting Latu, Sweat and Smith? Young , solid core of intimidating DLine for years.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Like Latu getting poopooed and falling to us, maybe the same will work for us with Smith...( bit of an injury history etc.)

Can you imagine getting Latu, Sweat and Smith? Young , solid core of intimidating DLine for years.

Oh, oh, something just happened in my pants. 

• Haha (+1) 2

Some minor trading compared to others.

Graham Barton

IOL | Duke

TRADE

Xavier Legette

WR | South Carolina

Austin Booker

EDGE | Kansas

TRADE

Jaden Hicks

S | Washington State

TRADE

Blake Fisher

OT | Notre Dame

Mason McCormick

IOL | South Dakota State

Will Shipley

RB | Clemson

Luke McCaffrey

WR | Rice

TRADE

A.J. Barner

TE | Michigan

TRADE

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I wonder how many draft picks this team thinks it can roster? If I am looking at the roster I am seeing 7-9 spots for rookies.

QB- Josh and Mitch are there probably no room on the 53 will need a PS QB in case of emergency but that’s likely a UDFA or a late stage free agent.

RB- This team carrier 3 RB’s plus a FB. Cook and Ty plus Gilliam at FB are locks easily room for a draft pick to be the RB3 and provide for depth and special teams.

WR- Team usually carries 5-6 right now they have 4 locks in Diggs, Samuel, Shakir and Hollins with a probable player in Shorter. Room for 1 more if they want it. 

TE- This team usually carries 3 and the DK bros are locks while Morris is a probable. Maybe a late round pick to push Morris but not a clear spot here. 

Oline- They usually carry 9 you have Dawkins, Edwards, McGovern, Torrence and Brown as starters with Van Denmark and Alex Anderson as locks for reserve spots. Clapp will also compete. Easily room for 1-2 picks here.

DE- Team usually carries 6 and there’s 3 locks in AJE, Groot and Von with Kingsley Jonathan and Toohill there as back end competition. Easily room for 1-2 picks here.

DT- Team usually carries 5 - Right now they have Oliver, Daquon and Jonathan as locks with Williams as back end depth and a fringe player. Easily room for 1-2 rookies.

LB- Team usually carries 5 - Bernard, Morrow, Milano, and Dorian Williams are locks while I think Spector is a probable. Maybe room for late round competition for Spector but not a need.

CB- Team usually carries 6 - Douglas, Elam, Benford, and Taron are locks. Easily room for 1-2 picks here depending on where they slot Cam Lewis. 

S- Team usually carries 5 - Rapp, Edwards, Hamlin and Lewis are here easily room for a pick here as they will likely want to develop someone behind Edwards.

Punter and Kicker could also use competition but I don’t see them viewing it as a need to spend picks on.

That’s about 9-10 slots by my count. 1RB, 1WR, 1OL, 1DE, 1DT, 1CB, and 1S and I think you could see a double dip at CB, DT, OL or DE. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

today's PFF:   I like this draft.  I really like the WR in Rd. 1 and 2 idea.  Here, we have two potential stud X receivers.  Burton may be a headcase, so that will depend.  The backup WR here would be Million from Washington, who appears more of a slot.  I like Hadden, the CB from Tenn, as PFF gives him a 90 zone coverage grade.  Allen upgrades the RB room, Travis is a great backup project who can be traded for a higher round pick perhaps, Zinter goes higher if not hurt, and the edges posses some rotation potental.  

image.thumb.png.53ba1aaca47288ddd1a6fa7333f4ae9a.png

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I used our 1 and a 2 from next year as part of trades to maneuver into this result. Nubin also fell to 65 which I could not resist. Good interior OL depth which is where we need it with so much OT depth already on the team. And of course, Odunze, the cherry on top :)

PFN_Draft_result_1712180793046.thumb.png.9eb27c9e64941e29cd6c69cbce669025.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Adonai Mitchell

WR | Texas

Troy Franklin

WR | Oregon

T'Vondre Sweat

DL | Texas

Trey Benson

RB | Florida State

Cooper Beebe

IOL | Kansas State

Cole Bishop

S | Utah

Austin Booker

EDGE | Kansas

Nehemiah Pritchett

CB | Auburn

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

28: R1 P28 WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas

60: R2 P28 WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina

128: R4 P28 WR Jalen McMillian - Washington

133: R4 P33 EDGE Javon Solomon - Troy

144: R5 P9 C Mason McCormick - South Dakota State

160: R5 P25 OT Garret Greenfield - South Dakota State

163: R5 P28 RB Isaac Guerendo - Louisville

196: R6 P20 DL Khristian Boyd - Northern Iowa

200: R6 P24 EDGE Austin Booker - Kansas

248: R7 P28 TE A.J. Barner - Michigan

• Awesome! (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

28: R1 P28 WR Adonai Mitchell - Texas

60: R2 P28 WR Xavier Legette - South Carolina

128: R4 P28 WR Jalen McMillian - Washington

133: R4 P33 EDGE Javon Solomon - Troy

144: R5 P9 C Mason McCormick - South Dakota State

160: R5 P25 OT Garret Greenfield - South Dakota State

163: R5 P28 RB Isaac Guerendo - Louisville

196: R6 P20 DL Khristian Boyd - Northern Iowa

200: R6 P24 EDGE Austin Booker - Kansas

248: R7 P28 TE A.J. Barner - Michigan

giphy.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

15. Brian Thomas Jr. , WR, LSU

* Gave up 28 and a 2025 RD2 ick

60. Ja’Lynn Polk, WR, Washington

128. Mason McCormick, OG, South Dakota State

133. Beaux Limmer, OG, Arkansas

144. DJ James, CB, Auburn 

160. Tykee Smith, S/NCB, Georgia

163. Jaylin Simpson, CB, Aubrun

189. Marist Liafu, LB, Notre Dame

200. Grayson Murphy, EDGE, UCLA

204. Logan Lee, DL, Missouri

248. Tahj Washington, WR, USC

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At the risk of being a total joiner...

Traded up to Saints #14 = Bills #28 + Bills 2025 1st and Min 2025 2nd -- to grab Rome Odunze, among other moves.

How we feeling about Odunze and Cornelius Johnson at WR plus value at DT, RB, OG, S (former Miami secondary coach is with Bills now) and CB?

image.thumb.png.09e66909e3feb7eef0062bb13bf8e650.png

• Like (+1) 3

I did a 2 round mock last night with a group of my Draft crazy friends. I got AD Mitchell at 28 and pretty easily traded up to 42 in order to Draft Xavier Legette... I gave up a 3rd in 2025, a 4th and 6th this year.  

Mitchell and Legette on Rookie deals for the next 4 years minimum and Josh Allen as the QB... Along with Samuel, Kincaid and Shakir... I think that would be pretty amazing personally... B-)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Not really a lock draft but over the past few days since the adjustment of talent rankings for these sims, all I got to say is this after seeing some of the teams draft classes…

Thankfully the Cardinals are in the NFC. Real strong chance that team is a completely different one if Kyler can play well. 

6 picks in the top 90; 5 in the top 71 is bonkers. 

Playing around with the different mock draft simulators and I dont think its unreasonable to trade up in the 2nd round if we find a few recievers are slipping out of the 1st round. Using this method I have a few times ended up with the ability to draft two receivers from the following group. 

Xavier Worthy

Adonai Mitchell

Xaiver Legette

Keon Coleman

Ladd McConkey

Troy Franklin

Ja'Lynn Polk

In fact in every mock draft I've ended up with two of these guys by picking at # 28 and trading into the top 40 using our # 60 and 133 pick and a 2nd next year. 

Obviously mock draft simulators isn't reality but I see a world where the Bills could double dip on two of these guys. 

• Like (+1) 3

Three different types of receivers, and the next killer safety tandem for years. Allen and Barner for the running game. Which may be why they traded diggs, thinking of more TE's and a thumper RB, with play action that works.

Screenshot_20240404-165932.thumb.png.2b4ceb74b6ac41844e09dfa9a883c58b.png

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, ScorpionZero said:

Out of these 4 who do you select @ 28

Screenshot_20240404-173831.png

Really is such a tough call... Benefits and concerns with all 4. Upside is highest with Worthy and Coleman but also the most risk of failure as I see it. Franklin and McConkey should help right away with McConkey having the highest floor of the 4 and Franklin looking a little better on deep routes. I can't decide which trigger I would ultimately pull.

• Like (+1) 1

Ladd McConkeyWR Georgia

Xavier LegetteWR South Carolina

DeWayne CarterDT Duke

Maason SmithDT LSU

Tykee SmithS Georgia

Zak ZinterOG Michigan

Jonah EllissEDGE Utah

Garret GreenfieldOT South Dakota State

Joe Milton IIIQB Tennessee

Kendall MiltonRB Georgia

• Like (+1) 3

Traded back 3 times from 28 and getting the 3 late 3rd rounders. I went McConkey because of his high end routes, which just lost with diggs.

Ladd McConkey

WR | Georgia

TRADE

Tyler Nubin

S | Minnesota

Jermaine Burton

WR | Alabama

TRADE

Cole Bishop

S | Utah

TRADE

Blake Corum

RB | Michigan

TRADE

Dominick Puni

IOL | Kansas

TRADE

Tyler Davis

DL | Clemson

Ben Sinnott

TE | Kansas State

Dwight McGlothern

CB | Arkansas

TRADE

Braiden McGregor

EDGE | Michigan

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Really is such a tough call... Benefits and concerns with all 4. Upside is highest with Worthy and Coleman but also the most risk of failure as I see it. Franklin and McConkey should help right away with McConkey having the highest floor of the 4 and Franklin looking a little better on deep routes. I can't decide which trigger I would ultimately pull.

After thinking about the WR thing, I think if like to see them get AD and Coleman. With Samuel in the slot I think it gives us a really good balance to the offense. We should be able to wrangle the picks needed if they really wanted to 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ladd McConkey

WR | Georgia

TRADE

Keon Coleman

WR | Florida State

TRADE

Tyler Nubin

S | Minnesota

Cooper Beebe