Det @ SF Game Thread (Please keep the Bills stuff out of this thread)

Simon

1 minute ago, Lionel Hutz said:

Neither of these teams can beat the Chiefs. NFC was a joke this season.

THIS

The AFC Championship game was the Super Bowl. Either the Ravens or Chiefs would wipe the floor with either of these teams

• Agree 1

Just now, BeavercreekBillsFan said:

You guys just don’t listen. The list is us, lions, browns and Vikings. Those teams are cursed. 49ers, patriots, cowboys, Steelers are on the blessed list. This game is a perfect example. Add the talent of the 49ers roster and having a bad qb doesn’t even matter. It’s insane. 

I don't know that I would include the Cowboys on that list anymore. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

A 45 yard FG attempt isn't "taking the points." People act like he turned down 3 free points. I think the conversion chance of 4th and 2 is about equal to converting a FG from that distance.

Of course it isn’t “free”. Neither is picking up that first down. 

What I do know is having a 3 score lead half way through the 3rd quarter is huge and probably a bit demoralizing to the 49ers.

I go for that field goal every single time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Man, this Super Bowl is gonna suck

The coverage leading up to it is going to be worse

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

You are right. I have said for a while that the Niners are not built to come from behind and can’t do it. I thought for sure GB would put them away. 

they proved me (and others) wrong and have now figured out how to play this way. 

I'll give Purdy some credit for this. He is clearly a limited player, but he has that underrated trait of being able to put bad plays behind him. Many QBs lack this and it sinks their career. The last two weeks he has pulled out some great passes and runs late in the game after struggling earlier.

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

I'll give Purdy some credit for this. He is clearly a limited player, but he has that underrated trait of being able to put bad plays behind him. Many QBs lack this and it sinks their career. The last two weeks he has pulled out some great passes and runs late in the game after struggling earlier.

Fitzpatrick made a career out of that mindset. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.