What is McDermott’s Magnum Opus?

bubba2018

22 hours ago, FireChans said:

They didn’t make the playoffs for 17 years prior with a broken team culture. You may have missed that.

McDermott in his press conference points to a play here or play there that's the difference between us advancing or not. Well, we weren't awful when McDermott took over, a play here and a play there we go to the playoffs with Rex and he's never here. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

McDermott in his press conference points to a play here or play there that's the difference between us advancing or not. Well, we weren't awful when McDermott took over, a play here and a play there we go to the playoffs with Rex and he's never here. 

Very cool for Rex Ryan I guess, he was a few plays away from still being a bad coach

Edited by FireChans

On 1/25/2024 at 4:55 PM, bubba2018 said:

I want people to list off some of McDermotts best coaching moments that you can remember which directly impacted the outcome of a game in a positive way. You guys think McDermott deserves another year? Prove it and post each scenario/evidence as to why you believe McDermott deserves another shot. 

The New England “perfect” game. This season sucked, but the winning streak was impressive to sneak into the 2nd seed. I am torn on McDermott. We might be singing a different tune if Bass made that kick or Diggs caught that pass. Coaches coach and players execute. 

18 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

This is a great example of what I said in my post about the OP.  Yup, he was out-coached this year in two games, and one was the first Pats game. Yes, that is true, that that one game was not his best game, outmatched by the greatest coach of all time. 

See what I mean?  They take one tiny piece and use that, or a few of those, to scream for years that McDermott is a bad coach, ignoring the huge amount of varied evidence that he is an excellent coach.

Ignorance of the worst kind--will full ignorance

And the other thing they do?  They call him silly, immature idiotic names (see above), as if they were in 4th grade.  Who does that?  I think it is pretty clear who most of them worship politically, as they follow his lead in the way they attack and their supreme immaturity.

you talking about Mcchoker ? 

Ok “Bubba” 

On 1/25/2024 at 3:55 PM, bubba2018 said:

I want people to list off some of McDermotts best coaching moments that you can remember which directly impacted the outcome of a game in a positive way. You guys think McDermott deserves another year? Prove it and post each scenario/evidence as to why you believe McDermott deserves another shot. 

🤔 5 play off appearances, 4 AFC Championships, multiple late round draft picks that his coaching staff have developed into pro bowl players and corner stones for this team, top defenses in the league since he's been here, top offenses since he's been here & the over all stability and not to mention how many FA players have wanted to play here since he turned the team around .

On 1/27/2024 at 2:45 PM, Success said:

The Ravens playoff game.

The offense couldn't do much. I thought that was the best defensive gameplan he has had.

With each passing year and Lamar collapse, we're seeing maybe the Baltimore moment from Sean was not as impressive as we're led to believe. Lamar literally should've had 3 ints to go with that fumble.  One more playoff loss to KC or Cincy and clap is gone.  And Ben Johnson will be licking his chops over a 28 year old Josh Allen. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.