Bills Draft Rd 1 - Pick 28

boyst

20 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea I agree with Joe. If he caught everything I'd live with his lack of separation but he doesn't. 

I think the Bills need is not a compliment for Diggs. It is a guy who has passed him by the end of next season as this team's #1. 

For me the top 3 fit that but will be gone. Legette fits it and might be there. Franklin and Thomas are bigger gambles but have the chance to. 

He's just not good, yeah okay he had a good game in their biggest game of the season but Coleman is mid. I'm at the stage right now of trade out of the 1st and get a future first and a 2nd this year, and get after Ja'Lynn Polk from Washington. I really like what I've seen so far and watching the game vs Texas 👀

6 hours ago, CNYfan said:

I will not be disappointed or surprised if it is IDL in the first.   The importance of the position is clear and as TBB keeps trying to sign veterans.   I think they will be lured to the attraction of a 5 year first round guy of their own in that spot.  

The exact same thing can be said about wr. We have to get younger and cheaper there. I don’t wanna see gabe Davis replaced with another gabe Davis. Time to upgrade with a guy with a more complete skill set. We aren’t looking specifically for a 2 at this point. We are looking for a potential 1 as Diggs is going to be 31 next season. 

• Agree 1

On 1/22/2024 at 9:20 AM, billieve420 said:

I am moving up if the right WR is available in the general area where we are going to pick. I would also consider Safety if we stand pat and we don't like any of the WRs in that spot.

What are you trading to move up?  They need at least 1 DT, S, likely a DE as well and you hope, but can’t expect, to find strong contributors in round 5 and later.

On 1/22/2024 at 9:34 AM, GunnerBill said:

Xavier Legette, Wide Receiver, South Carolina

But I'd definitely live with this outcome too. 

I do like what I’ve seen of him.  Big and strong hands.  Doesn’t look slow, either.

Just now, wppete said:

It has to be a WR this draft. No excuses.

I won’t go as far as to say no excuses … Beane was determined to pick a CB in Round 1 in 2022 and we saw how that worked out …

But there should be 90 percent chance it’s a WR… if not then they need to go Rounds 2 and 3 

• Like (+1) 1

Keon Coleman looks like what everyone hoped Gabe Davis could be. They have the same limitations (long strides, doesn't get out of cuts smoothly) but Coleman knows how to box out and use his size to out jump the defenders. Gabe has the size but played small vs the smaller db's.

I like the guy from Oregon the best, which means he will probably be long gone by 28

The WR room is bare with multiple guys hitting FA or likely cut. But I severely doubt McDermott will go Offense 2 years in a row. His comments about the defense not doing enough against KC, makes me think we'll probably see a DT or S in the 1st (DT room is also pretty bare). 

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

He doesn’t have Tyreek Hill speed bro

He’s fast but there are too many people throwing out Tyreek Hill.  There’s one Tyreek hill in the history of the league.  No one else has ever had that kind of explosive speed.  Maybe someone will eventually….but maybe not.  He’s different

Xavier legette is 6'3 223 lbs and ran the same 4.29 hill ran amazing how fast he is for his size

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

What are you trading to move up?  They need at least 1 DT, S, likely a DE as well and you hope, but can’t expect, to find strong contributors in round 5 and later.

I do like what I’ve seen of him.  Big and strong hands.  Doesn’t look slow, either.

He ran a 4.29 40.....the same speed tyreek ran 👀 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/usc/2023/09/26/xavier-legette-40-time-south-carolina-football-wide-receiver/70970107007/

14 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Xavier legette is 6'3 223 lbs and ran the same 4.29 hill ran amazing how fast he is for his size

He ran a 4.29 40.....the same speed tyreek ran 👀 

https://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/college/usc/2023/09/26/xavier-legette-40-time-south-carolina-football-wide-receiver/70970107007/

I know who he is and how fast he is.  He’s not Tyreek hill fast.  

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I know who he is and how fast he is.  He’s not Tyreek hill fast.  

Better check his 40...he ran a 4.29..just takes him a bit longer to reach his top speed as he doesn't have the quick burst tyreek has.....he was clocked at 22.3mph in a game last season

Edited by Billever76

20 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Better check his 40...he ran a 4.29..just takes him a bit longer to reach his top speed as he doesn't have the quick burst tyreek has.....he was clocked at 22.3mph in a game last season

I know how fast he is.  They aren’t the same kind of speed.  Say he’s a 4.29 guy….. don’t say he’s Tyreek.  He’s not.  His burst and change of direction is nowhere near Tyreeks.

Using 40 times from 8 years ago is odd btw.  

Edited by NewEra
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.