Butkowski Report: Slidegate

JGMcD2

7 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

That would hurt their mvp Lamar Jackson an awful lot lol

You’ve only gotta freeze guys for the tiniest fraction of a second and they’re gonna miss the tackle…same principal for the stutter step juke…kazee froze for a very small amount of time thinkin about what angle he should take and was out of position..  Steelers fans implying he quit on the play thinking it was over are completely wrong..  the dude stayed in a ready position he just stopped moving forward because he wasn’t sure which way josh was gonna go and didn’t want to run himself right out of the play 

one steeler did get lazy trying to fight off a block because he just assumed kazee would finish the tackle but kazee got absolutely trucked lol 

Exactly.

Compare and contrast, for example, the posture of a safety downfield needing to tackle Derrick Henry.  Same posture.  Same reason - has to hesitate a minute while staying in a ready position, because he needs to diagnose which way Henry is gonna go (in this case, straight over Hyde but he got stopped)

On 1/18/2024 at 1:43 AM, I am the egg man said:

Character portrayal of how tacklers try to stop Josh’s jukes.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47aaf9d1jb71lfcikre9

Wow! It’s uncanny how similar that looks to when Josh decided he was going to pick up a 3rd and 13 vs the Dolphins! They had no interest in any of that business! 

This is so great. But I’ve got news for EVERYONE…. After millions of rewatches, I conclude that ….Josh Allen… you ARE a slide faker!

That Pittsburgh play,,, I’m really sorry some TBD posters, but he did indeed fake going down on his left knee. It would’ve been one of those awkward tumbles where his weight is going more vertically downward than horizontally and he completely uncoordinatedly somersaults, with weird elbows. 

I can tell you another thing: it’s not difficult to see the sliding QBs who played baseball and those who didn’t! 😂

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Wow! It’s uncanny how similar that looks to when Josh decided he was going to pick up a 3rd and 13 vs the Dolphins! They had no interest in any of that business! 

Saw that the NFL twitter posted a compilation of some of Josh's runs and my thought was somewhere Kiko Alonzo was relieved that they didn't include his worst one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.