MIA-KC game on Peacock available free to Buffalo/Rocheter/Watertown/San Diego & more but not Detroit

chongli

I wanted to get this out there since the Peacock game tonight is starting later today, and it may not get noticed in the Wild Card schedule thread or the upcoming game thread (which will be posted too late).

The Peacock game will be shown to the Buffalo area, Rochester, Watertown, and the Champlain Valley, at least, for those who get CTV either OTA or via cable. Also parts of MI, MN, ND, MT, and WA.

It will also be in El Paso, TX and San Diego, CA OTA for those who get Canal 5.

But for Detroit, getting CTV OTA is now all but impossible ever since the analog CKCO translator on Channel 42 in Sarnia shut down.

Edited by chongli
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• chongli changed the title to MIA-KC game on Peacock will be available free to Buffalo/Rocheter/Watertown & more, but not Detroit
  • chongli changed the title to MIA-KC game on Peacock available free to Buffalo/Rocheter/Watertown/San Diego & more but not Detroit
4 minutes ago, balln said:

But why WNY market ?

Because they can get Canadian TV free. The Peacock game is on free in Canada.

https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/nfl-on-tsn-tsn-ctv-and-rds-super-wild-card-weekend/

"AFC Wild Card Game 2 – Miami @ Kansas City – Kickoff at 8 p.m. ET

TSN1/3, TSN+, CTV Network, and RDS

NFL Data-Enhanced Feed on TSN+"

Edited by chongli

7 minutes ago, Ryan Simpsons said:

@chongli will spectrum cable be included in the buffalo area to watch the game

If you get CTV on Spectrum, then yes. I am not sure what channels you get. If you get CTV OTA, you can also get it that way.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Any word on if the Miami and Chiefs fan bases are up in arms about having to sign up for Peacock?

They're too concerned on Buffalo getting its game moved and the Dolphins game didn't. This must be in the script. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Any word on if the Miami and Chiefs fan bases are up in arms about having to sign up for Peacock?

Yeah, what Draconator said above, lol. I haven't been seeing too much complaining, but I also haven't been following their forums too closely recently.

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Anything for the state of PA, specifically Western?

I heard @Simon has an ultra-long-range satellite tin foil thingy to pick up all the Canadian stations. Given his current state of Covid, I'm sure he would love some company. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I heard @Simon has an ultra-long-range satellite tin foil thingy to pick up all the Canadian stations. Given his current state of Covid, I'm sure he would love some company. 

I’m already in the doghouse for getting tickets to the game Sunday. She changed plans because of it to the next day. Now the game moves again and she’s even more frenzied. 

Might just take the tin foil and make a thermal blanket for the possible cold nights ahead 😂

• Haha (+1) 2

Screw the NFL. I already got and used Peacock once because I had to. I’m traveling and in a hotel so I think I may miss the Dolphins freezing their asses off.  If the NFL does not think enough of their product to be sure it’s available to regular people, I’m not sure how much I should care. I’ve tried, and tried, and it’s STILL not good enough. This is getting like a high maintenance girl - just not worth it. 

P.S. -  Watching on my phone is not an acceptable answer for a game in which the Bills are not playing….and even then 🤷‍♂️

EDIT: The guide says I will see something called Deal or No Deal on NBC instead. I don’t know what that is because it’s on NBC which I haven’t gotten at the house in I don’t know how long due to their dispute with my provider. Helluva business plan they are running making it impossible for people to see their programming. 

Edited by Augie
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

9-1.

I am not picking it up unfortunately 

17 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

9-1.

I am not picking it up unfortunately 

Thanks, but I meant what does CTV OTA stand for? Is CTV Canada TV? What’s the OTA, over the air??

like that’s not CBS or NBC….? Is CTV a station??

I can pull up almost every tv channel on the planet so if I do a search for Toronto ______ is it CTV?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.