The Gabe Davis conversation (Allen with and without Gabe)

Einstein

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Gabe is going to get 15-20 million a year from someone in free agency only for that team to realize two years later it was a mistake. 

Or they'll use him in a different way that doesn't result in this.

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’d like to hear from one of our X’s and O’s guys - the first INT was obviously a choice route and Allen and Gabe were on different pages.  I’m thinking Gabe chose correctly (based on coverage).  Anyone?  I know @HoofHearted on a miscue in an earlier game, confirmed Gabe read it correctly though Joe Brady was very diplomatic and took the blame on himself, pointing out that Allen was under duress and had very short time to decide (in that instance)

Anyway, the point is - not to interfere with your feelings on Gabe, and I think there are reasons to question whether we should pay him or not.

But if Allen is the one who is throwing to the wrong spot based on an option route and the coverage, getting rid of Gabe won’t help.  Allen has to be better and make better decisions.

I still disagree with that he went away from a completely open middle of the field just because there was a defender on the inside.

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Whatever Gabe's role is in the offense it involves too much communication/being on the same page with Josh and they just aren't like that this year.

Everyone’s role involves that but Gabe seems to misinterpret his route adjustments or Josh misinterprets what Gabe is supposed to do far often than any other receiver 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I think he’s joking and wondering if he’s hyped up, I don’t get the giving ***** impression. 

I was messing with him as well.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I’d like to hear from one of our X’s and O’s guys - the first INT was obviously a choice route and Allen and Gabe were on different pages.  I’m thinking Gabe chose correctly (based on coverage).  Anyone?  I know @HoofHearted on a miscue in an earlier game, confirmed Gabe read it correctly though Joe Brady was very diplomatic and took the blame on himself, pointing out that Allen was under duress and had very short time to decide (in that instance)

Anyway, the point is - not to interfere with your feelings on Gabe, and I think there are reasons to question whether we should pay him or not.

But if Allen is the one who is throwing to the wrong spot based on an option route and the coverage, getting rid of Gabe won’t help.  Allen has to be better and make better decisions.

People know more X’s and O’s than me certainly but cover 0 there with the defender boxed out if he curls I think it was all on gabe the way I saw it.  The ball looked like it would’ve hit Gabe right in the numbers if he just turned around rather than darting off right 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Josh and the team excel when Gabe's off the field.  Both of Josh's ints involved Gabe again doing wierd stuff. The stumble probably cost us a chance at a td. Shakir flat out rarely drops the ball anymore and he's clutch. Kincaid is improving. Even fricking Sherfield finally made an impact.  I could easily live with Gabe being inactive.  Wish Shorter was even available. As far as I'm concerned Gabe is done as a Bill. Time to move on.

Any team dumb enough to pay Gabe 10M+ deserves everything thing "bad" they get.

Edited by LABILLBACKER
  • Agree 1

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

Josh and the team excel when Gabe's off the field.  Both of Josh's ints involved Gabe again doing wierd stuff. The stumble probably cost us a chance at a td. Shakir flat out rarely drops the ball anymore and he's clutch. Kincaid is improving. Even fricking Sherfield finally made an impact.  I could easily live with Gabe being inactive.  Wish Shorter was even available. As far as I'm concerned Gabe is done as a Bill. Time to move on.

We have some better options in the pass game, but we clearly missed his blocking on the edge multiple times when he was out.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Simon said:

We have some better options in the pass game, but we clearly missed his blocking on the edge multiple times when he was out.

I agree he's an outstanding blocker but if that's his #1 skill as our so-called #2WR, we're in serious trouble. I just can't watch Gabe run routes anymore.  Or adjust to pressure he can see is coming at Josh.  I'm rolling with Diggs, Shakir, Kincaid and Sherfield from here on out. I can live with a little less blocking. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

Maybe he should put on 25 pounds and convert to TE.

It's really not the most awful idea in the world.

I can see somebody overpaying him to be a receiver for one contract and then him maybe making that conversion down the road.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Before Gabe was hurt

Allen: 4/8 (50%), 67 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT

AFTER Gabe left the game

Allen: 26/30 (87%), 360 yards, 2 TD, 0 INT

Did you know?

Over the past two seasons, a little under 40% of Allen's interceptions occur when targeting Gabe Davis? Yet, Davis is not targeting very much...

15.2% of the targets, and 38% of the INT's.

And no, I am not saying that Gabe Davis is the sole reason of blame for our offensive failures. Not at all. But for whatever reason, he and Allen are NOT on the same page, and it doesn't seem to be getting better. 

Yeah, I really like Gabe and I hope he has a great career, but just not against Buffalo and not on the Bills team.

We need to get multiple WRs either in free agency or the draft.

GO BILLS!!!  IIIIIIIII have a feeling, Buffalo is going to the Super Bowl!!! :)

• Like (+1) 1

Not to interrupt the Davis hate-fest but a lot of the reason Davis is targeted for a high percentage of Allen's interceptions are because pf the types of the balls thrown to Davis.   To me Davis is targeted for a higher percentage of passes that Allen is throwing it 30 yards down the field during scramble drills,  similar to the second interception tonight.  Of course, those passes have a higher chance of being intercepted.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Not to interrupt the Davis hate-fest but a lot of the reason Davis is targeted for a high percentage of Allen's interceptions are because pf the types of the balls thrown to Davis.   To me Davis is targeted for a higher percentage of passes that Allen is throwing it 30 yards down the field during scramble drills,  similar to the second interception tonight.  Of course, those passes have a higher chance of being intercepted.

Higher chance of interception because the dude literally trips on his own feet while trying to spin and make the catch 😂Dance Running GIF by Mitski

1 hour ago, Simon said:

Are you seriously giving somebody ***** for over posting?!

When they've all been viable topics?

For real?

<fingers twitch toward banhammer......>

I was thinking the same thing. Now that's strange we are on the same page. 

47 minutes ago, hjnick said:

Yeah, I really like Gabe and I hope he has a great career, but just not against Buffalo and not on the Bills team.

We need to get multiple WRs either in free agency or the draft.

GO BILLS!!!  IIIIIIIII have a feeling, Buffalo is going to the Super Bowl!!! :)

I sure hope you are right about the SB. 

My thought process is this. The Bills are far too inconsistent from game to game or even quarter to quarter. When they are in they can beat anyone. Vice versa. 

I just fear at some point that inconsistency is going to come back and haunt them in the playoffs. However, their resiliency is off the hook. 

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2

Whatever we might guess about that first endzone INT play, it cannot be denied that Miami ran an all-out Cover-0 blitz, and in that circumstance Davis SHOULD make himself immediately available to his QB, rather than blindly running a deep-ish endzone post route. If he just stops and turns (sensing obvious pressure), the ball would have been on him. Allen could have looked left quicker as he retreated, but either way his WR to that side wasn't speeding up/adjusting his availability. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I'll have to wait for the A22 to be certain, but initially I didn't think it was an option route. Looked more like the play was breaking down and Gabe was just running to open space to try and make a play for Josh. Josh just threw it blind.

15 minutes ago, HoofHearted said:

Gabe was just running to open space to try and make a play for Josh.

If Gabe broke off his route to just run to open space, that’s even worse.

I’m almost positive it was an option though. You can actually see Davis reading the leverage before making his turn.

And I highly doubt Allen would simply throw it to a random area if he knew where Gabe was going.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.