Why is Diggs coming off the field on Third Downs?

I also think that even if Diggs isn't happy with how everything has transpired over the last year+. He's still the ultimate competitor and professional, and in no way shape or form, is he holding anything back. Dude is all about winning, #1.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

He has literally done nothing to display this.  He was having a lot of fun in practice this week. 

Coaching decisions are taking Diggs off the field in critical downs...simplest explanation imo 

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Or he’s running deeper routes on the downs prior and is winded? 

Not buying it...his role has changed allot ..see how many bubble screens or quick passes at the line we keep throwing him? See how allot of his routes are within 5 yards of the LOS? We have some tinkering going on with our offensive identity and it's definitely coming from the coaches

I know a lot of you don’t want to consider this, but there is a very good chance that we eat money and get rid of Diggs after this season. That will only make our biggest need even bigger. There is no way he won’t be vocal about his usage once the season starts. You thought last off-season was bad?  Wait till we get eliminated this year. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I know a lot of you don’t want to consider this, but there is a very good chance that we eat money and get rid of Diggs after this season. That will only make our biggest need even bigger. There is no way he won’t be vocal about his usage once the season starts. You thought last off-season was bad?  Wait till we get eliminated this year. 

or….Diggs goes wild starting Sunday and helps carry us to a SB Championship and retires as a Bill in 3-4 years

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, whorlnut said:

Simon…you can roll your eyes all you want. It’s a possibility and I think it’s pretty likely. You’re telling me he’s gonna be cool with this season?

Yeah, the Bills who are desperate for receiver help and have limited resources are going to eat a bunch of cap to cut their only reliable wideout. :doh:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

or….Diggs goes wild starting Sunday and helps carry us to a SB Championship and retires as a Bill in 3-4 years

This minimal isn’t some sort of strategy. Every game since before thanksgiving has been a must win. You don’t sit your best receiver in big moments waiting for the postseason when you don’t even know you will make it. You are obviously more optimistic than me. I’ll own that. But it could also be true that you are being unrealistic as well. 

1 minute ago, Simon said:

Yeah, the Bills who are desperate for receiver help and have limited resources are going to eat a bunch of cap to cut their only reliable wideout. :doh:

Then why are his snap counts down if he’s their only reliable receiver?  Enlighten us…

2 minutes ago, Simon said:

I’m really excited about the potential this offense has next season…. if we have the willingness to draft multiple WR’s in the first 3 rounds.  Adding actual dynamic threats along with Diggs, Kincaid growing and Cook.  That’s a fun team!!

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Having Shefield out there more than Diggs (if Diggs isn't injured) is concerning since Sherfield is hot TRASH! 

I mean, why Sherfield over Shakir????  I was screaming at McD through my TV to "GET THAT MOTHER ***** OFF THE FIELD!!!!"

Because OCs are the smartest people on the earth!! 😎

8 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Then why are his snap counts down if he’s their only reliable receiver?  Enlighten us…

Pick one:

A- Brady is pushing carries. Hard. And Diggs isn't a great blocker

B- He's has been playing hurt since the London fiasco

C- He's not being schemed out, he's taking himself out when his breathing gets compromised

D- His snap counts have always been lower than you think they have

E- All of the above

F- Random conspiracy theory

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

If he's injured but not on the injury report, then it'll be problems for us.  

The league friends upon that.

I don't believe it's that cut and dry.

There is wiggle room for guys who are just banged up and still playing.

59 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

The NFL has been cracking down on teams not reporting injuries. This would be too obvious and the league would have gotten involved.

Hasn’t it been said that Diggs has been reluctant to block on running plays?  That could be a reason to pull him on RPOs.

Counter: Have they really gotten involved in a similar situation? We have 52 other guys practicing hurt today. 

if he’s 100% to play, and practicing fully but has a couple cracked ribs or something he can play through but needs a few extra moments on game day they may be compliant even 

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

I don't believe it's that cut and dry.

There is wiggle room for guys who are just banged up and still playing.

Yeah, presumably if he's not in danger of missing a game.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Allen2Moulds said:

I also think that even if Diggs isn't happy with how everything has transpired over the last year+. He's still the ultimate competitor and professional, and in no way shape or form, is he holding anything back. Dude is all about winning, #1.

Agree with this 100%.  Only makes it more likely that this is scheming him out on third downs, rather than him tapping out in the most critical situations.  No way Diggs competitive as he is is keeping himself out.

Edited by vtnatefootball11
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.