Everyone take a minute and appreciate what we have in this team

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

But this is not the thread for that. That is the point. Make your other points elsewhere. They are not for here. This thread is about appreciating what we have. 

He’s pretty consistent, I’m not sure he has anything other than what he’s posted here. 

I appreciate what appears to be a new physical attitude. Regardless of weather, who ever expected 45 runs vs 15 passes? We CAN run the ball, and we CAN attack defenses in ways that enhance our advantages. This looks like the team I was hoping for this season. Let’s win one game at a time playing this kind of football and hope for the best. Even if we miss the playoffs, that will give me a positive feeling going into the offseason. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

No one is displeased with the Bills thrashing of the Cowboys. Some fans are displeased with the position the team is in this year. By all standards it's under achieving. Don't confuse the points. 

Speaking of confusing points...do you not get the gist of my post, about appreciating what's great about this team and setting aside the negs, such as they are?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Speaking of confusing points...do you not get the gist of my post, about appreciating what's great about this team and setting aside the negs, such as they are?

I get that. There are lots to like about the team. In many ways we Bills fans have a lot to be thankful for.

However, I just can't put aside the negatives either. I like to see the whole picture not a biased partial picture.

To each it's own. 

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

They will disagree that we shouldn't appreciate what we have? Will they? I don't think they will. Not anyone sensible. They might be disappointed and think we underachieved this season but one concept is big picture the other is immediate. They are not the same. 

Oh don't pretend there aren't dozens of threads on this board where we can and do discuss and critique the team's performance game to game and season to season. This thread isn't about that. It's about zooming out and looking big picture. 

So the "big picture" is only subject to positivity on this thread. 

1 hour ago, PBF81 said:

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but as for myself, I personally will be tremendously disappointed if we miss out on the playoffs, or if we lose to pretty much any AFC team therein if we make it.  

Our roster, even with all of the injuries, that other teams have as well, is better than any in the AFC on the offensive side of the ball.  In fact, there's not one team in the AFC that's close.  

But if you're content with that, great.   I also don't see the players and team being satisfied with it either.  Maybe I'm wrong though, maybe they'll be satisfied with an early exit too.  

Not much to argue about other than the nits that you're bringing up.  

I will not be content. This thread is not about contentment. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Punch said:

If Josh Allen delivers a Super Bowl victory (especially if in characteristically Josh Allen fashion) we'll erect our own Mount Rushmore along Abbott Road consisting of 4 Josh Allens. 

Can we add a fifth that’s jumping over the other four? 🙏 

• Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

However, I just can't put aside the negatives either. I like to see the whole picture not a biased partial picture.

To each it's own. 

That's one way to describe being a Debbie Downer.

And you still miss my point. Or maybe it's something you can't do. No team is ever perfect. And if all you do is focus on flaws, you miss the "big picture" you're so fond of, that this Bills team is elite, and has elite players, it has a LEGEND for a QB.  And 10, 20 years from now, if we're still around, we will reminisce fondly about the days we are living in RIGHT NOW!! 

We're you a fan during the drought? Do you remember what that was like? If you like finding flaws that would have been your heyday.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Punch said:

I'm 100% certain the Bills can beat 30 NFL teams--- the only team that I'm not certain of is the 49ers, which happens to be Josh Allen's favorite team when growing up in Northern California.

There's simply no way Josh Allen loses to his boyhood team.

Go Bills.

My dumb ass is sitting here trying to figure out who the 2nd team is that Allen may not be able to beat 🤦🏻

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I will not be content. This thread is not about contentment. Why is this so hard for you to grasp?

Well, Jets the original post of yours that I originally replied to.

if you can only enjoy and appreciate it when they win a Lombardi you are setting yourself up for a lot of sadness. Bills fans should appreciate having the team they have, even through frustrating losses and underachieving seasons. 

Implied there is that we should all be, since you appear to be speaking for everyone, not sad (or other unhappy emotions) when we lose like were did this season to the Jets, New England, Denver, Cincy, the Jags, or even the Eagles.

I'll keep my ears perked for the next time after an egregious loss, that one of the players, who knows, maybe Allen to confirm your point, says, 'I don't mind that we lost, I'm just happy to be playing here in Buffalo.' 

In short, your insisting that win or lose, playoffs or not, "appreciating that we have a good team" should trump all other feelings/emotions.  

Any notions or suggestions that there isn't a Bills fan out there that doesn't appreciate that we have Allen, with perhaps a few insignificant exceptions, is delusional.  

Implying that there are any Bills fans out there that don't appreciate Allen, .... really?  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

That's one way to describe being a Debbie Downer.

And you still miss my point. Or maybe it's something you can't do. No team is ever perfect. And if all you do is focus on flaws, you miss the "big picture" you're so fond of, that this Bills team is elite, and has elite players, it has a LEGEND for a QB.  And 10, 20 years from now, if we're still around, we will reminisce fondly about the days we are living in RIGHT NOW!! 

We're you a fan during the drought? Do you remember what that was like? If you like finding flaws that would have been your heyday.

I'm not missing your point. It depends on how you see and evaluate a football team and it's players. 

Let me use the Bills team and players of the 90's because I think this best illustrates both our perspectives. 

We watched hall of famers play weekly and dominant the AFC. The fond memories of watching those teams and players lives on. What a feat to go to four straight super bowls. No need to name names here. I get it!!!

However, let's not pretend that there wasn't or isn't something missing. Wide right will never be forgotten nor should it. The super bowl blowouts did happen. The scars if you will have faded but they still exist. Those teams just couldn't bring home the Lombardi. 

I like to see the whole picture. I'm not here to sling mud on your perspective. It's just different than mine. 

Most Bills fans are hungry and thirsty for that Lombardi Trophy. That hunger and thirst partly exist because of past failures. The one before I die saying is meaningful.

Many on this current team may end of being very special and perhaps hall of famers. Yes their special play with be etched into our memory banks for years to come. We can pass on our memories to others.

However, without a Lombardi Trophy their will always be a void. A void that you seemingly casually dismiss...

Edited by newcam2012

7 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

Well, Jets the original post of yours that I originally replied to.

Implied there is that we should all be, since you appear to be speaking for everyone, not sad (or other unhappy emotions) when we lose like were did this season to the Jets, New England, Denver, Cincy, the Jags, or even the Eagles.

I'll keep my ears perked for the next time after an egregious loss, that one of the players, who knows, maybe Allen to confirm your point, says, 'I don't mind that we lost, I'm just happy to be playing here in Buffalo.' 

In short, your insisting that win or lose, playoffs or not, "appreciating that we have a good team" should trump all other feelings/emotions.  

Any notions or suggestions that there isn't a Bills fan out there that doesn't appreciate that we have Allen, with perhaps a few insignificant exceptions, is delusional.  

Implying that there are any Bills fans out there that don't appreciate Allen, .... really?  

I am NOT insisting that. You are willfully misunderstanding the point. I am done here.

• Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

I get that. There are lots to like about the team. In many ways we Bills fans have a lot to be thankful for.

To each it's own. 

So the "big picture" is only subject to positivity on this thread. 

This is great for you to interject this into a thread about positivity. There are plenty of negative threads, but I don’t recall you there jumping in with the bright side on those.  😂 

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

This is great for you to interject this into a thread about positivity. There are plenty of negative threads, but I don’t recall you there jumping in with the bright side on those.  😂 

You are more than capable of jumping into any thread and giving your positive input. That's the beauty of this forum. 

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

some people just aren't happy until they do their thing.  

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.