Bills Hire DJ Mangas as Offensive Assistant

BuffaloBillyG

2 hours ago, Utah John said:

I have been expecting this to happen.  Opponents have been game planning to stop Dorsey's offense.  Brady has different tendencies and favorite plays, and DCs figure those things out.  Big test this Sunday against a good Dallas defense.

Yeah, the Cook wheel routes caught them off guard and worked great  (since he caught the ball this game). I doubt that same play will be there going forward. 

But it could showcase some of Brady's creativity if we run it as a fake and throw it elsewhere, knowing that other teams will key on it. These last few games will be interesting to watch unfold.

51 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

doesnt move the needle too much for me but if it makes Brady better at his job than i'm all for it. The last line made me chuckle tho: "the Bills may have stumbled into one of the best offensive coordinator situations in the NFL. "

Yeah I'm not convinced yet. The Chiefs game, they got their preferred defensive matchup an awful lot which was Sneed one-on-one vs anyone, and either forcing the Bills to deliver the ball there, or just knowing the Bills offensive rules would dictate that's where the play would go. There were some wins to be sure, but especially late in the game in crunch time the Bills on O apparently did what the Chiefs wanted them to do an awful lot. There had to be a better matchup or better rules for selecting the best matchup vs that team.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

You are seriously going back 10 years for a comparison.  The Seattle defense that year was lights out regardless who was coaching them.  And to be quite honest Dan Quinn's defense with the Falcons allowed the Pats to come back from a 28-3 deficit to win the Super Bowl after the 2016 season.  I would not be too scared of the Cowboys defense after their performance against Seattle two weeks ago.  

We will have a good game plan.  We will play physical on both sides of the ball.  And we have Josh Allen.  Lets go.

Don't get me wrong, I like our chances at home, but we can't discredit these guys.  Dan Quinn was the HC, not the defensive coordinator.  Even if he's in charge of the defense, he has a lot more responsibility than just that. 

The Cowboy's Defense was abysmal when he first took it over, and he completely turned that unit around in 1-2 years.  Don't believe me, go check out the 2020 Cowboys Defense for comparison. 

As far as Spagnola goes, he always been known as one of the more creative defensive coaches.  He hasn't forgotten how to coach, and it's not like we're talking about 70+ year old guy, who the game passed him by. 

As I said, I still like our chances, and think we're on the same side here, but this will be as tough a challenge as any. I think the Cowboys weakness is their LB's.  Hopefully we can attack the middle of the field with our backs and TE's, and also use Josh's legs in this one. 

On 12/11/2023 at 8:41 AM, Ben said:

It's weird timing but it feels like Brady's earned the right to bring in his own people

You realize people have a life outside of Buffalo, and the Bills.   You just dont drop EVERYTING and relocate at the drop of a hat.

Expectations by Bills fans, really any fan base are so wrapped out of reality.

On 12/12/2023 at 1:39 PM, Allen2Moulds said:

Don't get me wrong, I like our chances at home, but we can't discredit these guys.  Dan Quinn was the HC, not the defensive coordinator.  Even if he's in charge of the defense, he has a lot more responsibility than just that. 

The Cowboy's Defense was abysmal when he first took it over, and he completely turned that unit around in 1-2 years.  Don't believe me, go check out the 2020 Cowboys Defense for comparison. 

As far as Spagnola goes, he always been known as one of the more creative defensive coaches.  He hasn't forgotten how to coach, and it's not like we're talking about 70+ year old guy, who the game passed him by. 

As I said, I still like our chances, and think we're on the same side here, but this will be as tough a challenge as any. I think the Cowboys weakness is their LB's.  Hopefully we can attack the middle of the field with our backs and TE's, and also use Josh's legs in this one. 

Your points are valid.  But speaking of points look at how many the Cowboys are averaging at home versus the road.  

The Cowboys always get a lot of hype.  They looked good against Philly on Sunday nite.  They just don't strike me as a lights out type of team.  McCarthy is one guy who will not outcoach McDermott.  This game just does not set up well for them.  Coming off two big home games in primetime, and now going on the road to Buffalo in December for a 4:25 start.  I don't see them bringing their best.  We will be fired up w a rauckus crowd.  There is a reason that we are 2 1/2 point favorites.  

8 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

Your points are valid.  But speaking of points look at how many the Cowboys are averaging at home versus the road.  

The Cowboys always get a lot of hype.  They looked good against Philly on Sunday nite.  They just don't strike me as a lights out type of team.  McCarthy is one guy who will not outcoach McDermott.  This game just does not set up well for them.  Coming off two big home games in primetime, and now going on the road to Buffalo in December for a 4:25 start.  I don't see them bringing their best.  We will be fired up w a rauckus crowd.  There is a reason that we are 2 1/2 point favorites.  

Very true. Let's hope that holds up for 1 more week.

19 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He sure outcoached Sirianni last week....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.