Was their pass rush great? Or did our protection break down today?

Success

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

In a kind of sorta way, I agree.

The adjustment I saw them make was to use more stunts up front, especially against Torrence/Brown. They have had some issues on that side quite a few times this year. 

So once they were able to get pressure, Buffalo had to replace Cook and play more Murray because Cook is absolutely useless in pass protection. Now with Cook out to not have that quick RB outlet to dump off to, Brady went into WR bubble screen mode to try and slow the rush...but Bolton and Co did a good job stuffing those.  Past that, I didn't see too many other adjustments from the Bills other that "Josh...LOOK OUT".

True but they could have tried to throw some quick throws to Cook and the pressure wouldn't have gotten there in time as bad as the pressure was.

• Agree 1

The chiefs defense is legit. I actually think it might me the best in the NFL. It's crazy that a team with Mahomes and Kelce is being held back by their offense. 

The offensive line was still concerning yesterday. There were way too many plays where 3 guys were getting pressure instantly 

• Like (+1) 2

It wasn't just their D line. They sent corner blitzes at least three times.

Their D communicates really well blitzing with out coverage breakdowns.

We could have run more, used play action, and had Cook run hot routes.

It surprised me Brady went away from under center, which slows the rush a little too.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

It doesn’t have to always be mutually exclusive, both things can happen. Their pass rush was great AND the line played terribly 

and their coverage was perfect.  People were not open or if they were open, the rush go to Josh.

KC has a great defensive line and some great schemes that create pressure. There was a great sack on Allen yesterday from a trailer on pressure after I think Jones? missed him. Thats a great credit to the coordinator. Their secondary was also very good yesterday and Diggs and Davis were smothered. They play the kind of pass defense that hovers close to and surpasses cheating at times too. I think if we could emulate their overall style with our current talent, we would be winning these close games and not choking in such spectacular fashion.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Interior OL play was the worst it was all season.  Then Dawkins and Brown had some clear misses too.  I thought the hold on Dawkins was a bit of an acting job or the pass rusher just fell. Not sure what others saw.  Josh did an ok job stepping up and moving away from the rush at times. Then other times like the 3rd and 27 simply held the ball too long.  

Are you talking about the one where Dawkins grabbed defender by the collar and pulled him to the ground? If so that was holding. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.