12/3 Around the NFL

Steptide

Just now, Roundybout said:

Sure, but as the season has gone on we see that Stroud’s cast isn’t too shabby at all.  Nico Collins is great, Tank Dell is cool, Dalton Schultz is a savvy vet, etc 

Because they got an awesome qb. Do you think if they had Pickett you would see that?

Stroud threw 86 tds in 2 years in college. Guys a baller who had a test and OSU held against him. 

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Huh? I said some people complain about how bad Allen’s surrounding cast is and not a single person wanted a Texans skill player before the season. 

with all due respect, you’re making up arguments. Never said he was better than Allen (who is a top 3 qb and said Stroud might be top 5, though it is insanely earlier I know).  

the Texans were picked to win like 3 games. Stroud is a legit MVP. It’s nothing against Allen. And our surrounding cast isn’t that bad either. 

In the JA turnover thread, you posted this..

For all the folks who bemoan Allen’s “lack” of a surrounding cast, explain CJ Stroud’s success.

Why do we have to explain Strouds "success"? He's a great QB, as is Josh. What does what he is doing in Texas have to do with Josh? If this isn't supposed to be some sort of comparison/build another QB  up to tear ours down argument, then I don't see the point. How about two great QB's elevating their teams then? Again, the records aren't too far apart and Josh, as far as I know, has more TD's and similar passing yards. That will change this week with it being a bye. I don't see the point of comparing QB's when their situations are about the same.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Agree.  Also to dropping a seaon opener to Zac Wilson’s Jets showed the Bills have no business making the playoffs. 

grr and having the whole season boiling down to rooting for other teams really really sucks.

reminds me of many draught years

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, stevewin said:

I watch a lot of UNC and Maye def has skills but not sure how it will translate to the NFL - esp with a trash team I think he will struggle

I like Maye too but I’m going to laugh if some time takes him over Williams. Williams has some douche qualities but he is such a better qb and had to score 40 points/ game to keep them competitive. 

it will be the Tribusky Mahomes thing all over again 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Because they got an awesome qb. Do you think if they had Pickett you would see that?

Stroud threw 86 tds in 2 years in college. Guys a baller who had a test and OSU held against him. 

I guess. I’m a big stroud fan myself but I also wouldn’t mind a guy like Nico Collins 

1 minute ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Agree.  Also to dropping a seaon opener to Zac Wilson’s Jets showed the Bills have no business making the playoffs. 

Bills will decide whether they’re worthy or not soon enough.  

Offense has been elite under Brady. 

Using a Week 1 result to justify anything is ridiculous.. clown behavior. 

Just now, SCBills said:

Bills will decide whether they’re worthy or not soon enough.  

Offense has been elite under Brady. 

Using a Week 1 result to justify anything is ridiculous.. clown behavior. 

I just keep screaming from the top of the mountain how much Ken Dorsey hurt this team. I think he’s arguably the worst OC we’ve ever had, even worse than Hackett 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

That the Patriots beat the Bills says volumes about the Bills. The Bills don't belong anywhere near the playoffs this year.

Yep.  I said the same to my son.  The fact that Buffalo lost to NE,  not only lost but gave up a walk off 75 yard drive to Mac Jones.  they honestly don’t deserve playoffs.  there can’t be a worse loss all season, for any team,  based on what NE has done before and after that game.

• Agree 2

Just now, Aimee75 said:

In the JA turnover thread, you posted this..

Why do we have to explain Strouds "success"? He's a great QB, as is Josh. What does what he is doing in Texas have to do with Josh? If this isn't supposed to be some sort of comparison/build another QB  up to tear ours down argument, then I don't see the point. How about two great QB's elevating their teams then? Again, the records aren't too far apart and Josh, as far as I know, has more TD's and similar passing yards. That will change this week with it being a bye. I don't see the point of comparing QB's when their situations are about the same.

My point is that if a rookie can do this with a team picked to win 3 games, maybe surrounding cast (Diggs, Kincaid, Cook, a much improved oline, Davis) isnt some boulder holding Allen back. 

And with Allen making 40% of the cap, it’s going to be on him more than ever. 

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.