QB School Analysis of JA week 11

AlfaBill

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

I care about a pick, particularly because it was on Allen and flipped momentum late in the game.

And yes, Allen left the field in OT with the lead - after another bizarre miscommunication - and handed the game back to his defense. Hurts ensured the game-winning TD.

Overall, Allen had a great game. But there continues to be that nagging undercurrent allowing big stats and flash plays but without actual success.

What do you mean without actual success?  Bills have the best record in the NFL since 2020 coming into this season, 2nd only to KC I think by like 1 game.  Allen wins, and he wins a lot.  He was the best player on the field in the playoffs for 2 weeks in 2021 but the team let him down.  He was so good the NFL changed a rule because of him.  He holds multiple records already in regular season and playoffs.  He has twice as many TD's (20) as Burrow (10) in the post season despite only 1 more game played.  

Sorry, to say he does it without actual success is just false.

• Like (+1) 4

3 hours ago, Airseven said:

I care about a pick, particularly because it was on Allen and flipped momentum late in the game.

And yes, Allen left the field in OT with the lead - after another bizarre miscommunication - and handed the game back to his defense. Hurts ensured the game-winning TD.

Overall, Allen had a great game. But there continues to be that nagging undercurrent allowing big stats and flash plays but without actual success.

I see. Either a perfect game from Allen or nothing. Got it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, AlfaBill said:

I see. Either a perfect game from Allen or nothing. Got it. 

Perfect games are possible once in a while. With McDermott’s propensity to choke, don’t count on too many perfect performances from Allen. He can only do so much. 

Edited by Dr.Sack
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What do you mean without actual success?  Bills have the best record in the NFL since 2020 coming into this season, 2nd only to KC I think by like 1 game.  Allen wins, and he wins a lot.  He was the best player on the field in the playoffs for 2 weeks in 2021 but the team let him down.  He was so good the NFL changed a rule because of him.  He holds multiple records already in regular season and playoffs.  He has twice as many TD's (20) as Burrow (10) in the post season despite only 1 more game played.  

I meant he has one AFCC loss, a couple of frivolous Pro Bowls, and a Madden cover to show for all the winning and records.

• Vomit 1
  • Angry 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Airseven said:

I meant he has one AFCC loss, a couple of frivolous Pro Bowls, and a Madden cover to show for all the winning and records.

So in your opinion the great Dan Marino was bum?

2 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

It’s really hard to say based on the leverage.  It’s painful to watch because it was there for the taking.  

It’s actually not. People in the know(like Greg Cosell) have said everyone knows when it’s 0 blitz a receiver runs a Post route. They won’t actually call Gabe out. He messed up and what’s amazing to me is that there are people out there who believe Josh made a mistake. One player has proved to be a great player over and again while the other is a good blocker. 

Edited by AlfaBill
  • Like (+1) 2

On 11/30/2023 at 10:25 PM, Luka said:

And the INT wasn't an awful play either, just a great play by the corner in the end. He completed a similar contested ball to Diggs for a touchdown. That was what I would consider a true gun slinger kind of pick. 

It's. Razybyhe doible standard this kind of INT can have. If Diggs makes that catch the Diggs is a great congested catch receiver, but if it gets picked then the Qb sucks. 

16 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The belief is no Super Bowl, no wins matter. The fact is though that as great as he can be it’s a team sport and that’s why there’s not title yet. Perhaps it’ll never come. If you think about it, most losses are on the d or ST. There are few losses over the past 3 years that you could place on Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Utah John said:

The BILLS are 0-6 in games with Josh as QB.  A QB could almost always do more during the game to get the win, but usually in Josh's case the BILLS lose (he doesn't lose) because the defense can't hold a lead.

He did win the game three times 

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

The play to Diggs at the 14+ minute mark is what makes Josh Allen a true "unicorn."  Really amazing play by Josh that I didn't fully appreciate in real time on the broadcast.

good call

For me the TD to Diggs is the reason some fans will either never fully appreciate Allen and some think he's the best in the league. Mostly because the throw that most fans scream they want him to take is the first level crosser underneath to Shakir. It's there, it's easy, the ball is wet...he probably gets the first down there. But Allen can see the Diggs throw even tho it needs to go thru 52 earhole into a window the size of a grapefruit

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.