Diggs Snap Count vs Eagles

Rich Stadium Original

A lot was made during the broadcast about the amount of third down snaps where Diggs was on the sidelines...haven't seen a dedicated thread about it yet.

Has anybody verified his snap count?..particularly on third down?

I have not heard the question come up in an interview since. A little dinged up?..he was banged up a little on one of Allen's touchdowns..slow to get up.

A lot has been made of the miscommunication between Davis and Allen on the last third down..but just a few plays prior there was a quick wide receiver screen to either Sherfield or Davis to the left, and they both ran downfield blocking..was Diggs on the opposite side?

It should be remembered their third down conversion rate wasn't bad, particularly on 3rd down.

I think they wanted a blocking WR. Gabe Davis was blocking more than normal. So that is the only exclamation I have for the 3rd downs...but it did cost them. Cant recall if they were 3rd downs but there was the play Sherfield didnt get the memo for the pass optionn on the screen and another to Sherfield that should have been Diggs. 

This is Broadcast Bias and a non-story. He played 92% of the offensive snaps.

The one time I noticed him out was right after he made a catch in which his route took him across the field and he ran about 60 yards in order to gain 12, at a sprint, with a CB hanging off him. He can take a breather whenever he wants to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rich Stadium Original said:

A lot was made during the broadcast about the amount of third down snaps where Diggs was on the sidelines...haven't seen a dedicated thread about it yet.

Has anybody verified his snap count?..particularly on third down?

I have not heard the question come up in an interview since. A little dinged up?..he was banged up a little on one of Allen's touchdowns..slow to get up.

A lot has been made of the miscommunication between Davis and Allen on the last third down..but just a few plays prior there was a quick wide receiver screen to either Sherfield or Davis to the left, and they both ran downfield blocking..was Diggs on the opposite side?

It should be remembered their third down conversion rate wasn't bad, particularly on 3rd down.

He was trying to draw a flag. The defender hit him with a cheap shot in the back when he was away from the play. Lit him up pretty good. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.