WGR Topic: McDermotts Mt Rushmore of Lossess'

boyst

56 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

the fact there's more than 3 of these is so effing billsy it makes me sick. Names and faces change, results remain the same for eternity. #cursed

To make it worse, you could compose a list just off of games from THIS year!!!  And the season is not over!

43 minutes ago, Gregg said:

At least we don't have fake spike, butt fumble and hail mary pick 6. We got that going for us.

We can't have it all

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, LarryMadman said:

Here is my question, does any other coachs losses rival the kinds of and amount of mindblowing losses McDermott has? I don't even know, but I have to think McD is so far and away the leader in such categories the next guy on the list isn't even close.

Watch a Brandon Staley Chargers game. Billsy has nothing on CHARGERING.

26 minutes ago, LarryMadman said:

Here is my question, does any other coachs losses rival the kinds of and amount of mindblowing losses McDermott has? I don't even know, but I have to think McD is so far and away the leader in such categories the next guy on the list isn't even close.

most coaches do not survive so many instances. because mcdemrott has allen and inherited top talent he has gotten a pass because of his W-L record.

a few orgs would have fired him after 13 seconds.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, GerstAusGosheim said:

Jeremy quickly clarified that it should be about coaching decisions only, since he doesn't have control over fumbles, etc.

So worst decisions for me would be....

1: Trading Mahomes Pick

2: 13 seconds

3: Prioritizing Dlinemen over weapons for Josh.

4: Letting inexperienced play caller be OC in Josh's prime.

The Philly Kneel, Peterman start, and thinking he would do better than Leslie are really bad, but don't make the top 4 in my opinion.

Trading Justin Jefferson pick for Diggs

• Like (+1) 1

Whatever happened to hiring a Madden championship player? I know I read somewhere there were talks of it, considering that person would have been through thousands of football situations our head coach hasn’t even been through.
Yes, it’s just a video game, but it’s still a simulation of sorts. He needs to be on the sideline as a game day consultant to the head coach. I don’t think some of these close, ridiculous losses happen with his input. 

13 seconds

12 men on the field

Hail Murray (that cost us a 1st rd bye and homefield)

Houston playoff Loss in 19 

Minnesota as honorable mention 

These probably hurt me the most cause I went from thinking we'll win to a sudden L and had major impact 

The KC L in 20 and Bengals last year, we played bad and it was over for a while

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

up until last season we always had one loss where we simply did not show up and got boat raced hard.  usually vs a strong running team that our undersized d got ate by.

i suppose last season you could say that happened to us in the playoffs vs cinci.

that hasn't happened to us this season, but i think it is because we win at the line of scrimmage more of than we lose (we finally have a solid OL, and RB and TE production, great season to give gift wins to NE, jets, and denver!).

one thing i don't see mentioned much lately -- penalties.  the zebras were out to get us vs philly, but we did commit some dumb dumb dumb penalties.  obvious cheap stuff that basically didn't even give us an advantage in the play.  a trend of penalties is largely on the coach.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, zow2 said:

I've started to see this pop up on various social media and it's the most painful sports graphic I've ever seen.

Ya it's not pretty BUT -

2nd highest winning % since 19 in all 4 major sports as well.

Sorta like saying 17 is a turnover machine, without including he's an even better TD machine

This is a results based business.  If the Bills don't finish out 5 - 0 or 4 - 1, make the playoffs, and then run to at least the AFC Championship then Mc D needs to go, with appreciation from me for coming here and ending the drought, but he still needs to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

McD O and D regular season ranks should have produced way more playoff wins. His bad coaching decisions are inexcusable.

With regular season ranks like that this team should have won 4 SB in a row, McD teams haven't been close.

Thing that bothers me is TPegs might give him a playoff pass because of his regular season ranks, I hope not.

Screenshot_20231128_104736_Chrome_287404633621507 (1).jpg

Edited by LarryMadman

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

The Vikings didnt even score on that drive. The Bills were up 27-23. The Defense stopped them on the goal line, and got the ball back with the lead 27-23. The Cam Lewis play should have been irrelevant as long as our Center and QB execute a simple snap. That loss was NOT on Cam Lewis.

Ok, not technically. But they did… They got the fumble recovery for a TD after we stopped them on 4th and goal after Cook was ruled not to have a TD. 

🤷‍♂️

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.