Who should coach this team in 2024?

Kirby Jackson

Just now, FireChans said:

And he wasn’t enough to win tonight lol. 

Gabe Davis missed a wide open game winning TD. Zaccheus (sp?) out jumped our rickety ass washed safeties for the go ahead tuddy. 

Talent issue.

He had a 10 point lead early, and left the field with the lead, twice.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Here’s the difference. You are saying that YOU DO NOT BELIEVE THAT THE BILLS ROSTER IS ON PAR WITH THE BEST TEAMS. I tend to agree with the injuries but someone could easily argue against that. What I’m saying is that TEAMS THAT HAVE A POITN DIFFERENTIAL LIKE THE BILLS AREN’T .500. That can’t be argued. That’s a fact. 

Whether or not you believe that they are good is subjective. 

Teams that have a point differential like the Bills have a better record. That’s true and indisputable.

Everything else you’re trying to say I.e. “that’s coaching” x 1000 times over and over is subjective and debateable. 

• Agree 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

He had a 10 point lead early, and left the field with the lead, twice.

If Gabe Davis tracks the ball correctly and makes a play, he leaves the field with the game over and the W.

Just now, GoBills808 said:

You think Hurts was better tonight? Or overall? What on earth

No. Allen alone wasn’t enough to overcome our bad team lol.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, FireChans said:

If Gabe Davis tracks the ball correctly and makes a play, he leaves the field with the game over and the W.

Like when Gabe caught the go ahead TD with 1:50 left in the game and we just needed the Defense to get one stop?

Maybe if McD grew a pair and went for it with 20 seconds left, you would've seen another Allen/Davis connection.

How many times does Allen/Davis need to be perfect before the D gets a stop? Because they did it like 4 times in KC and McD blew that too.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

People are angry and justifiably so in a lot of areas. I still think they go one more with Mcdermott. When/if that fails they’ll clean house and partially gut what’s left of the roster. 

One more game or one more season?  They have 5 more games.  Fans are on edge as it is.  They were booing at the Broncos game.  I don't recall fans booing before with McD as coach.  I get that fans boo but I think fans are starting to turn on McD.

3 minutes ago, FireChans said:

No. Allen alone wasn’t enough to overcome our bad team lol.

I'm w you on talent at the top of the league fwiw

But my dude we are better than Steelers/Browns/Texans/Colts/Broncos even if only due to Allen

4 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Like when Gabe caught the go ahead TD with 1:50 left in the game and we just needed the Defense to get one stop?

How many times does Allen/Davis need to be perfect before the D gets a stop? Because they did it like 4 times in KC and McD blew that too.

Allen wasn’t perfect. He played very well.

We lose the coin flip in OT, it’s because Allen didn’t get to touch the ball. We win the coin flip in OT, we still lose when we get all the way down to the red zone and our #2 WR gets wide open and can’t catch the ball. 

the game was there to be won. Multiple times. Defense was a sieve. Offense left points on the board, specifically in OT where a TD ends the game. Allen throws a pick leading to 6. Missed FG’s.

I didn’t see a super talented team out there tonight. I saw Allen needing to be Superman to hang with one of the ACTUAL Super Bowl contenders this season, and it still being a loss.

Talent issue.

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

We lose the coin flip in OT, it’s because Allen didn’t get to touch the ball. We win the coin flip in OT, we still lose when we get all the way down to the red zone and our #2 WR gets wide open and can’t catch the ball. 

the game was there to be won. Multiple times. Defense was a sieve. Offense left points on the board, specifically in OT where a TD ends the game. Allen throws a pick leading to 6. Missed FG’s.

I didn’t see a super talented team out there tonight. I saw Allen needing to be Superman to hang with one of the ACTUAL Super Bowl contenders this season, and it still being a loss.

Talent issue.

You are on record in this thread talking about how talented the Eagles are. Rightfully so, they have the best GM in football.

The Bills had the lead through much of the game, and took them to overtime, IN SPITE OF botched calls by our coach.

The talent is there. The coaching is not.

2 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I agree. And I think we will end up with a better record than most if not all of those teams.

What are our wins?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

You are on record in this thread talking about how talented the Eagles are. Rightfully so, they have the best GM in football.

The Bills had the lead through much of the game, and took them to overtime, IN SPITE OF botched calls by our coach.

The talent is there. The coaching is not.

Nah I disagree. The Bills had the lead and took them to OT because Allen was playing insane for most of the game and dragging this crappy team to hang with them.

We don’t have a Josh Allen on defense.

what do you rank our defensive talent in the NFL, honestly? Von Miller might be the worst DE in football currently. Our safeties are old and slow. Rasul Douglas is pretty good. Bernard is good. Eddy and Rousseau are good.

Is our defense top 10 talent wise? Top 16?

20 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Talent issue.

Coaching issue and official issue 

34 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And maybe it will take Allen making waves that gets us the change we need.  I'm not sure what Allen's relationship with McD is.  It doesn't seem great to me and it's clear from the comments of all involved that it was Bean & McD that tried to remake Allen into a different, less effective QB in the off season. 

I suspect that Allen has a clause in his contract that won't let the Bills restructure it without his permission.  If he does then he has leverage.  If Allen wants to succeed at the highest level and compete in and win Super Bowls, it will NEVER happen with McD as coach or Bean as GM.  Allen will need to get out of Buffalo before all the tread is off the tire.  Pegula absolutely will be sensitive to Allen's feelings here.

Whatever Josh's relationship with Sean is, it's needs to turn real ugly real fast. If he wants any shot at a Lombardi,  McDermott needs to be fired immediately. And replaced with a quality offensive HC.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

The Bills’ HC position might not be as appealing as we believe it to be - for the simple fact that we believe it to be so appealing. Anyone that steps into the job will be expected to win the Super Bowl during their first season. There would be no honeymoon.

* Solid owner

* Facilities and organizational infrastructure rated by the players in a poll as among the top 10 in the NFL

* A brand new kick a$$ stadium

* A REAL home field advantage 

* An elite QB whose upside might be beyond anything we fans could possibly imagine. What do you think a truly innovative offensive minded coach could do with Allen after surrounding him with top tier offensive talent?

So yes this would be the most attractive job opening of the possible 10 or so openings that might happen this off season.

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

The Bills’ HC position might not be as appealing as we believe it to be - for the simple fact that we believe it to be so appealing. Anyone that steps into the job will be expected to win the Super Bowl during their first season. There would be no honeymoon.

You are severely underestimating the egos of NFL coaches.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.