This years Bills exemplified today...a few thoughts

ALLinALLEN

This game was amazing...it had EVERY Bills stigma it could've had.

Bills had 11 penalties for 80 yards...Eagles had 4 for 30 and should've had 5 more in big spots (because of course they didnt). Because of course.

Bills blew a 10 point lead. Because of course.

Guy hits a 59 yard field goal to tie, because of course. - Never happens to us.

THIS TEAM is so ***** soft on defense when it matters. We've become a defense that just CRUMBLES and GASHES yards when it matters. THIS IS ON MCDERMOTT. Allen was INCREDIBLE today minus the pick - he put them in multiple positions to win and McD just ruined it with his absolutely soft piss poor defense calls.

WHY after having such a great game on D, do the Bills just absolutely crumble when the game matters the most?

Mcdermott. Timeout before the field goal - WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

This game to me has Allen/Diggs lost confidence in McD. I can't imagine their mindset right now. 

Positives - Allen is amazing. He is an absolute stud and what we need to win the big one. His coach hampers him. People will reply to this with his pick - but he is it. 

Also - Bills heart-attack because of course it was.

Finally - just to be clear - every single game the Bills D crumbles when its a "final drive" or "must have stop".... its a joke.

This team is hampered by the coach and it wont change until we change that.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 4

Just now, ALLinALLEN said:

This game was amazing...it had EVERY Bills stigma it could've had.

Bills had 11 penalties for 80 yards...Eagles had 4 for 30 and should've had 5 more in big spots (because of course they didnt). Because of course.

Bills blew a 10 point lead. Because of course.

Guy hits a 59 yard field goal to tie, because of course. - Never happens to us.

THIS TEAM is so ***** soft on defense when it matters. We've become a defense that just CRUMBLES and GASHES yards when it matters. THIS IS ON MCDERMOTT. Allen was INCREDIBLE today minus the pick - he put them in multiple positions to win and McD just ruined it with his absolutely soft piss poor defense calls.

WHY after having such a great game on D, do the Bills just absolutely crumble when the game matters the most?

Mcdermott. Timeout before the field goal - WHAT ARE YOU DOING.

This game to me has Allen/Diggs lost confidence in McD. I can't imagine their mindset right now. 

Positives - Allen is amazing. He is an absolute stud and what we need to win the big one. His coach hampers him. People will reply to this with his pick - but he is it. 

Also - Bills heart-attack because of course it was.

Finally - just to be clear - every single game the Bills D crumbles when its a "final drive" or "must have stop".... its a joke.

This team is hampered by the coach and it wont change until we change that.

Problem was he totally adjusted his play calling and decision making from a coaching standpoint toward the end of the game. 

He coached not to lose. Went into his cover 4 shell and hope and error or pressure is made. Last week the Chiefs showed you the tape on how to beat Hurts, slow the run game down and put pressure on him; guy is very tipsy turvy when in that situation. 

McD chose the alternate. Prevent a TD until it’s too late and you blitz at the wrong time. Some awful angles taken to the ball carrier in that final drive by Philly. 

Leaves a lot to be desired. 

Jets game 1, jax (kind of), Denver, New England, Cincinnati, and now Philly.

If we have less than a 2 score lead and the opponent has the ball last, we lose.

Injuries or not, this is a badly performing d when the chips are down.  And we have dumped all our gold into d.

I'd keep Brady if I could, have to see the rest of the season, but barring a huge turn around, either the entire coaching staff (less Brady,maybe) or the entire front office has to go

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Blainorama5 said:

of course.

Seen this script way too many times and it never seems to change.

I forgot to add that but thought I did enough with the "of course". 

Just a classic bills loss here.

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Pass rush disappears in second half

Davis runs a wrong route

Now your list is complete 

I was blinded by the other blunders...but thank you. 

Sometimes you just have to think it's just not your year and the football gods simply use their fingers to control things at key times so that no matter what, you can't win.  

That's pretty much where I am at.  Sometimes as a fan just have to shrug and say it's not our season. The improbable losses to bad teams...the improbable plays leading to losses in this game...basic stuff that we fail to do at certain times that they do in their sleep normally...

Just have to shake my head and laugh sometimes.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

Its not all on McDermott.  If Bass doesnt play like garbage again, we have four more points.   If Allen doesnt throw an interception at his own 30 yard line, Bills probably arent in the same situation.  Its on the entire team.  Its a confederacy of dunces right now.

Not true at all...that was in the 3rd Q....

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Sometimes you just have to think it's just not your year and the football gods simply use their fingers to control things at key times so that no matter what, you can't win.  

That's pretty much where I am at.  Sometimes as a fan just have to shrug and say it's not our season. The improbable losses to bad teams...the improbable plays leading to losses in this game...basic stuff that we fail to do at certain times that they do in their sleep normally...

Or maybe our head coach is a gutless coward who chokes away every single big game we're ever in

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

Or maybe our head coach is a gutless coward who chokes away every single big game we're ever in

If it was just that then fair...the number of easy plays the Bills had to end the game was immense.  Kickers making a kick in those conditions from 60 yards with a likely 3% chance of making it goes wide or short against every other team except us.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

If it was just that then fair...the number of easy plays the Bills had to end the game was immense.  Kickers making a kick in those conditions from 60 yards with a likely 3% chance of making it goes wide or short against every other team except us.

There is literally nothing McD can do to have you judge him objectively. He has been absolutely horrendous at late game management...really his whole career but has had a QB bail him out countless times...but it's been exposed to everyone this year. You're either just in denial or have just taken a defend him at all costs schtick at this point. 

3 minutes ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

There is literally nothing McD can do to have you judge him objectively. He has been absolutely horrendous at late game management...really his whole career but has had a QB bail him out countless times...but it's been exposed to everyone this year. You're either just in denial or have just taken a defend him at all costs schtick at this point. 

All I am saying is it would be nice to even have 50% of the "luck" other teams seem to have in these situations.  The Eagles just won last week because MVS dropped a wide open TD pass in the endzone after having his defender beat by like 5 steps.

But I am sure it was a "great coaching job" by Sirianni to dial up a mirror in his pocket that he shone in MVS's eyes at the perfect time for him to drop that ball.

When do we get some of that in these games?  

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

All I am saying is it would be nice to even have 50% of the "luck" other teams seem to have in these situations.  The Eagles just won last week because MVS dropped a wide open TD pass in the endzone after having his defender beat by like 5 steps.

But I am sure it was a "great coaching job" by Sirianni to dial up a mirror in his pocket that he shone in MVS's eyes at the perfect time for him to drop that ball.

When do we get some of that in these games?  

You’re still doing the same thing. You won’t acknowledge individually the late game blunders and chokejobs McD has had, instead deflecting to other things. Nobody even mentioned Sirianni. 

1 minute ago, HomeskillitMoorman said:

You’re still doing the same thing. You won’t acknowledge individually the late game blunders and chokejobs McD has had, instead deflecting to other things. Nobody even mentioned Sirianni. 

Because as much as people want to act as if "luck" plays no part in these situations, it actually probably plays the majority of it. Which is something YOU don't seem to want to admit despite piles of evidence and years of data showing that teams who are great in these situations one year are usually terrible the next.

What has changed? Usually not much...just that year their kicker doesn't make the most improbable FG of the year, they don't have the opponent drop easy TD's or miss easy FG's and don't have the WR turn the wrong way on another easy TD.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Very wise. Thank you. 

Said everything I feel and think

thank you

i ask you

can you imagine Bill Belichek with this team?

roster as is - beane still in place.

super bowl every year because he makes the right coaching decisions when he has the right peices

mcdsrmott does not

3 hours ago, ALLinALLEN said:

Anyone that mentions Allen's pick in the face of over 400 total yards and 4 TD's is a troll.  They're a drooling goblin gnawing on pigeon bones under a bridge.

Only a moron of the first degree would throw out Allen's INT.  Only a complete fool would act as f that one mistake diminishes Allen's spectacular game. Only an ignorant football illiterate would throw the INT out there.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.