Rodgers feels guilt over Wilson situation

BillsFan619

38 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Didn’t they state exactly what he had done on the broadcast yesterday? It seems like a very high risk surgery that could either work or be totally awful. 

5 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Didn’t they state exactly what he had done on the broadcast yesterday? It seems like a very high risk surgery that could either work or be totally awful. 

The idea that he isn't totally up front about his injury has dogged him for weeks.  The SpeedBridge repair he reportedly had hasn't been done on an NFL QB and resulted in return in 3 months

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The idea that he isn't totally up front about his injury has dogged him for weeks.  The SpeedBridge repair he reportedly had hasn't been done on an NFL QB and resulted in return in 3 months

Well that’s because he is Superman! Duh!!! (Sarcasm)

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think if you peek at the Jets schedule it's almost predictable how this all plays out.

He said he's aiming for the December 24th game against the Commanders. However, they also have a Thursday game scheduled after that. So, it will be "Doctor didn't think it was smart to play 2 games in 4 days" type excuse. Then they will use the "There was no reason to bring him back for the final 2".

But he will still go on McAfee and say he was fully cleared and good to go and that his methods were better than the sports science. Because of course he will.

27 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I think if you peek at the Jets schedule it's almost predictable how this all plays out.

He said he's aiming for the December 24th game against the Commanders. However, they also have a Thursday game scheduled after that. So, it will be "Doctor didn't think it was smart to play 2 games in 4 days" type excuse. Then they will use the "There was no reason to bring him back for the final 2".

But he will still go on McAfee and say he was fully cleared and good to go and that his methods were better than the sports science. Because of course he will.

What’s the  point of returning this year in this bad team in a lost year? To prove signing isn’t a complete disaster?

8 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

What’s the  point of returning this year in this bad team in a lost year? To prove signing isn’t a complete disaster?

I can see a few reasons. Kind of a "preview of next year"? Something to show FAs in the off-season? Rodgers wanting to prove medical science wrong. Maybe try and show what a Hackett led offense looks like with Rodgers in it and try to save his job?

I mean, that's a few but I don't see any GOOD reason to do it. But the Jets and good reasoning are rarely used together for a reason.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I can see a few reasons. Kind of a "preview of next year"? Something to show FAs in the off-season? Rodgers wanting to prove medical science wrong. Maybe try and show what a Hackett led offense looks like with Rodgers in it and try to save his job?

I mean, that's a few but I don't see any GOOD reason to do it. But the Jets and good reasoning are rarely used together for a reason.

Rodgers's job isn't in danger---unless he is reinjured.  Jets are too dumb to fire Hackett.

How good is he going to look anyway--he hasn't played a game in almost a yea at that pint (can barely jog right now).  Potentials FA's don't want to watch an old QB struggling to hold onto former glory on a really bad team. 

• Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Just in Atlanta said:

He should feel guilty about bringing Nate Hackett to 

Sean Payton was definitely right about Hackett.  Broncos were last in 3rd down conversions last year at 29% and are at 38% this year and 38% in 2021.  This year the Jets are at 24%, 5% below anybody else.  Even last year the Jets were at 34%.  He didn't even call plays in Green Bay.  There's  a lot of data that says Hackett is terrible at play calling. They have to fire him.  Aaron Rodgers isn't going to walk away from all that money.

Edited by Billy Claude

5 minutes ago, Billy Claude said:

Sean Payton was definitely right about Hackett.  Broncos were last in 3rd down conversions last year at 29% and are at 38% this year and 38% in 2021.  This year the Jets are at 24%, 5% below anybody else.  Even last year the Jets were at 34%.  He didn't even call plays in Green Bay.  There's  a lot of data that says Hackett is terrible.  They have to fire him.  Aaron Rodgers isn't going to walk away from all that money.

Let him stay … maybe bring in Gase as an assistant oc.

23 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

Sean Payton was definitely right about Hackett.  Broncos were last in 3rd down conversions last year at 29% and are at 38% this year and 38% in 2021.  This year the Jets are at 24%, 5% below anybody else.  Even last year the Jets were at 34%.  He didn't even call plays in Green Bay.  There's  a lot of data that says Hackett is terrible at play calling. They have to fire him.  Aaron Rodgers isn't going to walk away from all that money.

He already gave away a bunch of money to JEST to have control over offense.  I think Rogers decides if Hackett and even Wilson stays unless head coach is canned.

I saw some interesting points from Jet fans on X yesterday. Long story short, they're already turning on Rodgers. Their complaints were semi good too. They say that by him dangling the carrot of coming back this year it took away the idea of the Jets making a move for a QB like Cousins (pre injury, of course) or someone more viable. They're pissed about all the ex Packers they brought in to appease Rodgers and NONE of them have done anything at all. Also, because he "may" come back Saleh and Douglas are keeping Hackett just in case. 

Basically, Rodgers is holding the Jets hostage much the way he did the Packers in the off season the last few years. Packer fans are laughing hysterically at this as well.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Basically, Rodgers is holding the Jets hostage much the way he did the Packers in the off season the last few years. Packer fans are laughing hysterically at this as well.

Like Mario Cuomo always used to tease the press and the public about his running for the Democratic nominee for president. 🤨🙄

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

He already gave away a bunch of money to JEST to have control over offense.  I think Rogers decides if Hackett and even Wilson stays unless head coach is canned.

Yes, he supposedly gave up some money to get his Packer buds in but 5 out of the 6 of his players they brought in will be gone by the beginning of next season and they would get rid of All Lazzard if it wasn't for the cap hit.  

I don't see how they can keep an OC who has been historically bad for two seasons.

Just my opinion of course.

When did he become insufferable? He constantly needs attention. 

51 minutes ago, Gregg said:

It always come back to the main problem for the Jets. He is the one who wanted Rodgers. Saleh and JD wanted Carr, but you have to do what the boss wants.

OIP.a6r0t9I04oPie-HxPln6aQHaEK?w=322&h=1

Haha, are you really propping up Carr? Have you seen NO wirh him? Dude is the dink and dunk king of field goal drives. He is dollar store Kirk Cousins. You take Rodgers all day over him. They are struggling to win the worst division in the nfl. Carr gets you no where. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.