Coaches in over their heads

SinatraSinger

Mods, if this has been posted elsewhere please feel free to move it where ever you think it belongs

Ken Dorsey has reached the level of his incompetence.  I thought he did great as a Quarterback position coach and helped with the development of Josh, because of this I thought he would make an excellent OC, I was wrong.  This offense has no Rhythm, no flow and looks extremely vanilla.  Could it be that Ken Dorsey's mind can only handle a pro style college offense.  He was great in college, not so much in the NFL.

McDermott cannot handle two jobs.  The Bills have a choice to make.  Either make McDermott the head coach and hire a new DC, or make McDermott the DC and hire a new head coach.  McDermott has proven that he cannot handle both.

Just my opinion on this whole season so far.

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, SinatraSinger said:

Mods, if this has been posted elsewhere please feel free to move it where ever you think it belongs

Ken Dorsey has reached the level of his incompetence.  I thought he did great as a Quarterback position coach and helped with the development of Josh, because of this I thought he would make an excellent OC, I was wrong.  This offense has no Rhythm, no flow and looks extremely vanilla.  Could it be that Ken Dorsey's mind can only handle a pro style college offense.  He was great in college, not so much in the NFL.

McDermott cannot handle two jobs.  The Bills have a choice to make.  Either make McDermott the head coach and hire a new DC, or make McDermott the DC and hire a new head coach.  McDermott has proven that he cannot handle both.

McDermott has proven he can't handle one. 

It would be the height of stupidity to bring him back at all. He's completely in over his head now that his QB isn't playing elite football and bailing him out. This is who he has always been, he just doesn't have his roster masking it anymore. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

well with Dorsey gone excuses have run out for Sean.     Dorsey didn't have 12 guys on the field for the go ahead td  He didn't cause the turnovers (we can debate the second pick on Josh's hole shot into cover 2)  McDermott needs to go I hope this wag of the dogs tail doesnt buy him 2024

• Agree 2

Head Coach also taking on the DC role. Big mistake. Reeks of desperation. Can’t play both roles successfully and no way back from it. Short of a Super Bowl he signed his ticket out of here with this move.

Replacing your OC with an unproven rookie coordinator. Allen’s buddy. Big mistake. In way over his head. Really needed an experienced coach to keep this offense focused and dynamic. Neither happened. 

Now what? Big changes must happen. Maybe Brady can do the job. Maybe not.  McD’s fate is already sealed imo. He is coaching for his next job.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

One down (Dorchebag), one to go (McDummy).

But they replaced Dorsey with Joe Brady, another Carolina Re-run that had no success in 2 seasons as the OC with the Panthers, this team is lost and needs to start  looking elsewhere for people other than the good old boys from the panthers.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The defensive injuries changed this whole season.  A team does not lose three all pros from different parts of the D (DL, LB, CB) and not suffer.   The instruction to the offense I think became win the possession game so we don't expose the defense.  This changed the entire tone and tenor of the offense.  Brady needs to ignore that instruction and just run the downfield offense we have.  There is no risk anymore.  The difference between 5-12 and 9-8 is meaningless.  Use these last 7 games to get back the offensive mojo.

Also, Beane needs to be in Terry's ear that his buddy may have reached his limit as a coach.....I love Sean but this move may need to be made while the Bills can still attract an offensive mind that wants to work with a great QB.  This roster needs to be remade and I just can't see us remaking it for this system of D....

I hate that I wrote this -- but it may be time.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SinatraSinger said:

Based on this how do you elevate Brady?  Josh has regressed as Josh QB coach.. So now you're going to give him the keys to the offense?  Make it make sense!

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, bmur66 said:

Head Coach also taking on the DC role. Big mistake. Reeks of desperation. Can’t play both roles successfully and no way back from it. Short of a Super Bowl he signed his ticket out of here with this move.

Replacing your OC with an unproven rookie coordinator. Allen’s buddy. Big mistake. In way over his head. Really needed an experienced coach to keep this offense focused and dynamic. Neither happened. 

Now what? Big changes must happen. Maybe Brady can do the job. Maybe not.  McD’s fate is already sealed imo. He is coaching for his next job.

That whole thing reeked because of the timing and the messaging. 

That announcement was February 28th 2023 after all the firings and hiring's were done and there were no quality candidates left. 

At first it was Leslie is stepping away from football, then in the summer it was Leslie was just looking to take a year off and looks forward to 2024. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2023 at 12:35 PM, fan_in_tx said:

Based on this how do you elevate Brady?  Josh has regressed as Josh QB coach.. So now you're going to give him the keys to the offense?  Make it make sense!

Who were they supposed to give the keys to?

I don’t think you understand. This is still going to be a Dorsey designed offense. It’s just a different voice calling the shots within it with probably a few new wrinkles.

You can’t change an entire offense at this point of the game.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 1

On 11/14/2023 at 12:09 PM, SinatraSinger said:

But they replaced Dorsey with Joe Brady, another Carolina Re-run that had no success in 2 seasons as the OC with the Panthers, this team is lost and needs to start  looking elsewhere for people other than the good old boys from the panthers.

Not a single person, from the owner on down, worked with both McDermott and Brady in Carolina. Well, maybe some security staff, but no one in the football organization. The current coaching ties to McDermott and Beane are all in Washington.

5 minutes ago, Beast said:

Who were they supposed to give the keys to?

I don’t think you understand. This is still going to be a Dorsey designed offense. It’s just a different voice calling the shots within it with probably a few new wrinkles.

You can’t change an entire offense at this point of the game.

It’s actually still Daboll’s offense. Part of Dorsey’s problem was that he wasn’t calling from his own playbook.

37 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Not a single person, from the owner on down, worked with both McDermott and Brady in Carolina. Well, maybe some security staff, but no one in the football organization. The current coaching ties to McDermott and Beane are all in Washington.

It’s actually still Daboll’s offense. Part of Dorsey’s problem was that he wasn’t calling from his own playbook.

That may have been part of the problem, but most of the problem was that Dorsey sucked.

44 minutes ago, Drew21PA said:

How McDermott in buffalo and Staley in LAC have jobs is beyond me 

You don't fire a coach who has won as many games as McDermott until they bottom out. They are currently bottoming out. We'll see where the bills go from here. I have no idea how Staley still has a job with Kellen Moore already on the staff. The bigger question is why is Joe Brady taking over for Dorsey instead of Mike Shula? Mike Shula has had success as an OC in the NFL and is already on staff in Buffalo. Maybe he didn't want the job?

On 11/14/2023 at 11:09 AM, SinatraSinger said:

Someone’s gotta explain to me how the offense is too vanilla lol I think if anything it is too complicated which might be part of why Dorsey got fired.  It’s putting so much in the hands of the players running the right options and being on the same page.  Players have complained the offense was hard to pick up numerous times 

On 11/14/2023 at 12:22 PM, JoeF said:

The defensive injuries changed this whole season.  A team does not lose three all pros from different parts of the D (DL, LB, CB) and not suffer.   The instruction to the offense I think became win the possession game so we don't expose the defense.  This changed the entire tone and tenor of the offense.  Brady needs to ignore that instruction and just run the downfield offense we have.  There is no risk anymore.  The difference between 5-12 and 9-8 is meaningless.  Use these last 7 games to get back the offensive mojo.

Also, Beane needs to be in Terry's ear that his buddy may have reached his limit as a coach.....I love Sean but this move may need to be made while the Bills can still attract an offensive mind that wants to work with a great QB.  This roster needs to be remade and I just can't see us remaking it for this system of D....

I hate that I wrote this -- but it may be time.  

A voice of reason.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.